Author Topic: Advanced Recon Commandos Clan Mod  (Read 8771 times)

MoonWolf

Advanced Recon Commandos Clan Mod
« on: October 20, 2007, 02:06:47 am »
Mod temporarily on hold.  School's a bitch...  :'(

Advanced Republic Commandos (Clan Mod)
This is a mod put together by the ARC clan, it is what we use and we thought we would share it with you guys. We still work on it and it is probably nowhere near done, but we don't really care. Use it if you like, mess around, have fun. Don't flame here, don't post stupid remarks, and don't say the infamous "Omfg this suxors, do better!". It's our clan mod and we can do whatever we want.

Older versions: (just the gostek with AC's weapons, no these weaps aren't included.)

Current version:

Textures - Wolfenstein mod (JUST CAUSE THEY ROCK!)
Law, Flamer, (chainsaw?) - Armageddon's Creations (slightly modified, but not enough to not give credit) I MADE THE SAW AN INGAME THOUGH!
Interface - Armageddon's Creations (Me and the rest of ARC likes it...so yea)
Sounds - Armageddon's Creations & some star wars mod (cant remember the name sorry)
kit pickups & commands - that star wars mod...can't remember the name T-T

Weapons Menu:

AC was the mod that inspired me (Ordo) and A'den to start this mod, so we used a lot of base concepts from it and modded of that mod a good bit.

Well here is the link, have fun with it!
Download ARC v4.5

Who worked on what:
Guns
Ordo - 3, 4, 6, 8, 0, knife, saw weapgfx, law weapgfx
A'den - 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 9, socom
Mereel - Law intgfx

Gostek
Mereel - Blue striped helmet

Grenades/Fire/Explosions
Ordo - frags, clusters, interface frag/cluster, Original Flame, explosion
A'den - Alt. Flames

Power-ups/kits (Not working for some reason?) =\
A'den - originally made
Ordo - edited frag, cluster, vest

« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 08:46:03 pm by MoonWolf »

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
Re: Advanced Recon Commandos Clan Mod
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2007, 02:27:16 am »
?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿
you have permission?

Do you own weapons please!!!
ah those ''remakes'' (if i can say that) needs shadding, that blue is not good for the weapons, use darker one, and your own ones

That mod sucks (IMO)

MoonWolf

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2007, 02:40:40 am »
Well Sky it's your own opinion.  You could actually try it ya know?  Then maybe make a decision.  This is literally the first mod me and A'den have ever done.  As for shading...wtf?  They are all shaded, the only gun I can see a problem with is the Minigun, and that well....let's not go there.  Those bright blue areas are showing pieces of the gas chambers inside each gun, which is heated and creates a 'laser' looking projectile. (By the way, this is semi star wars oriented...)

This is our clan's mod, we're just sharing it.  It's what we use, and if others want, they can use it too.  Everything credited above is correct and we take no credit except the slight modifications to them, not much but some.  Everything else in the mod was created by either me, or A'den, so get off our backs.

By the way, I can't make heads or tails of wth you are saying...  And are you on like 24/7 prowling the forums? lmao
« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 02:45:17 am by MoonWolf »

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2007, 02:53:16 am »
Like you said: its my oppinion
ok, im sorry, its your first mod ;)

Why you don't make own weapons¿'? Hey, its easy look for tutorials, henito haves alot ask him.

Well im sorry :) Try to upgrade, please

El_Spec

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2007, 09:28:52 am »
That's actually a pretty good mod.  The weapon-gfxs in the weapons menu are out stretched and I can see the pixels, that's kind of a bad job done.  Add some more color and bordering to it to smooth out the edges.  Everything else looks nice though.

Offline Bunney

• Flagrunner
  • Early Rave/Oldskool <3
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2007, 10:05:55 am »
It looks pretty funny, the weapons, but yeah they could be upgraded. bit darker blue bit more shading to.

Offline Valorman

• Flagrunner
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2007, 11:38:55 am »
This is our clan's mod
No, this is yamo's mod, you just took his great weapons and made them ugly. 
« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 11:42:35 am by Valorman »

MoonWolf

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2007, 01:28:26 pm »
I'm sorry for my outburst sky, I PMed you in reply to yours.

Valor your topic has no constructive criticism or helpful comments, which means it is spam, thanks for posting.

This IS our clan's mod, what we use.  Yes base weapon models were used from yamo's mod, but can you recognize 4, 7, and 0?  Those were altered a good bit from the base models to what we liked, as for the other guns, we modified them slightly, changed colors, and will probably modify them even further so that they no longer resemble or relate to any of the AC weapons.

But as I said earlier this is our first mod, me and A'den have both messed with files before and made little modifications here and there to weaps, but nothing like this.  I'm sorry that I'm not perfect for you Valor, and that I can't make amazing 3D looking weapons from scratch, but oh well.  This is how me and A'den have created our first mod.

The only reason that the wolfenstein textures, the interface, and guns like the law and flamer are the same or almost exactly, is because we like them and we were using it within the clan.  The chainsaw interface is also the original but I created the ingame gfx for it adding the top guard that's in the interface gfx.  The 'Sev' Clone Trooper gostek(check the old screens) is what originally prompted us to start a mod, that blue striped helmet was created by another member of our clan.  The AC weapons are what inspired us for the weaps and we used them as a base to mod off of, and they will more than likely still change (yes, I'm going to change the minigun shading...it was a quick fix sorry).  The blue shading on all the other guns will more than likely also be changed around and experimented with, this was our first couple attempts.  If anything original hasn't been changed, it's because we liked the way it fit in with other parts of the mod (saw, law, flamer, ground textures, gostek).
« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 01:37:20 pm by MoonWolf »

Offline Valorman

• Flagrunner
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2007, 06:06:59 pm »

Valor your topic has no constructive criticism or helpful comments, which means it is spam, thanks for posting.

Why should I give constructive criticism on a mod that you just stole some weapons from another mod and made them ugly?  You just re-colored yamo's guns. Open up ms paint and create your own guns. It would be ten times better just to create your own guns then just to rip them from other people. Oh yeah, whenever the feck did I say I wanted 3D  guns, just create something orignial and you won't get fecked at by guys like me. I don't want to come off mean to you, creating something original is better then just altering someone else's work.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 06:11:22 pm by Valorman »

Offline xtishereb

• Flagrunner
  • I swear, my chainsaw killed you on its own.
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2007, 06:23:15 pm »
Not bad as a recolor job. If you're going to recolor, recolor the best. Still, I wouldn't call this a full modification, since it's not all new material.
<3*xwd
love conquers all

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2007, 07:05:45 pm »
Indeed, it's not deserving of "Full Mod" category.

Might also be beneficial to have the guns look like actual Star Wars canon.
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

MoonWolf

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2007, 08:31:07 am »
Well guess what, this is what we've done so far.  Full Mod is appropriate, as most of the things are changed, and more will be changed as my clan gets to work on it.

Is it complete? NO

Will guns be changed further? YES

Did we want weapons that looked like actual SW blasters? NO

So far what's in this mod is what's being used, we'll keep modding the guns until we can shape them and shade them the way we want.  As for other parts of this mod, they will be changed as well.  What's currently in there is just what we liked and thought looked nice in the mod as well.

Things to be changed in future versions:
-Modify guns and shading.
-Create new interface.
-Create replacement for LAW and Flamer. (I've always liked the Chainsaw, but it never had an appropriate weapgfx, so I made one.)
--Modify gostek creating different variations of the Clone Trooper armor. (So far we have the Sev version downloaded, and we created a normal, all white copy of it plus a blue striped rank helmet to go with it (prolly do it to the armor next).) (Visor was also modified to be a blue glowy color, looks nice)

And Valor, you can just gtfo of this topic if you're gonna do nothing but b1tch, complain, and flame.  Neither I nor my clan are at the point where we can make a decent enough pixel formation to be called a gun from scratch yet.  Plus, I doubt you could name all of the guns in there, as a few of them were modded to be unrecognizable, which is what will happen to the other guns as well.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2007, 08:36:55 am by MoonWolf »

Offline Valorman

• Flagrunner
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2007, 12:34:52 pm »

And Valor, you can just gtfo of this topic if you're gonna do nothing but b1tch, complain, and flame. 
You must be some kind of moron. I am not "b1tching"(nice swear filter dodge) complaining or flaming. I'm telling you that your mod is garbage because all you did was alter somebody else's work.

Offline xtishereb

• Flagrunner
  • I swear, my chainsaw killed you on its own.
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2007, 06:26:20 pm »
Neither I nor my clan are at the point where we can make a decent enough pixel formation to be called a gun from scratch yet.
Well being whining about it really won't help you. I complain about my lack of RAM all the time, yet I still only have 256 MB. Just work on it. If it makes you feel better, have the reference image open while you're working on it. Or tell me to upgrade my computer and stop pissing everyone off.
Plus, I doubt you could name all of the guns in there, as a few of them were modded to be unrecognizable...
I can still try. It'd be easier if you didn't have that black background, though. It's almost as annoying as a green one.
1. / A. USP-16
2. LICC
3. Pulse Repeater
4. AP Cannon (odd, this was in the shotgun slot in Soldat AC)
5. ...yeah, okay, you got me. Which one was it?
6. AMBSHR.45
7. Shot Cannon
8. Modification of 6
9. JF70B HMG
0. I'm honestly not sure.
B. Wasn't this original?
C. Chainsaw AE
D. Plasma RL
Yes, I really am that spiteful. And bored.

Oh, and if you're going to be defensive about the quality of your mod, it pays to be funny like BladeRunner was.
<3*xwd
love conquers all

MoonWolf

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2007, 05:53:06 pm »
Ok well Valor I have no further comments for you as it seems that you've run out of anything to say except "It sucks."  I suggest thinking of at least some other comment to make before coming back and posting.

By the way, the only reason I used a 1 is because the filter takes out 'b1thcing' because is has the base word 'b1tch' in it.  Unfortunately, if you had studied vocab better in school you would've realized that the noun and the verb have two very different meanings.  While on the topic 'b1tchy' (adjective) has a related meaning to the noun, while not being related to the verb at all...unless the person starts b1tching, such as you've done.

Bye bye!

xtishereb, close on most of them. The duals and single pistol are the same base model, those were going to be worked on next.  The only other ones I see...hmm AP Cannon, yes, It was originally in the shotgun slot, and the one that's now the shotgun was originally in the steyr, btw the steyr is from warhammer 40k before it was modded, it still needs work though.  As for the minigun...I don't even remember, lmfao.  The knife is my own creation yes, the only thing i used were the colors off of another knife's blade because I couldn't get the colors right on the custom colors palette. =\  For the chainsaw, yea i used the interface gfx, but I did create a weapons gfx for it so that it looks like the interface gfx and not the normal saw.  The LAW is correct as well, and that one will be modded towards the end along with the flamer.

I don't think you are spiteful either, it was interesting someone naming the base models of most of the guns, and I was still correct, not all were named.  It was a nice try though, doubt many others would've done it.  I never said I don't try pixel making guns, I'm still working on it.  Once I get better at pixel making guns I will do that and release a mod with those only.  Until then, I'm sticking to pixel modifying but I feel sorry for Valor...poor guy's gonna have a heart attack.

Oh one more thing, I've read Blade's posts about defending his mod before.  They are extremely funny and I feel sorry for the guys who got to be the butt of his responses.  I don't take things as lightly as he does though, and comedy doesn't have a very large place with me.  But I enjoyed reading his responses again. xD

Edit: read 238 times? Holy crap where's all your posts people!  Jeez =\  It's like Shawn of the Dead all over again...
« Last Edit: October 22, 2007, 07:03:35 pm by MoonWolf »

Offline Valorman

• Flagrunner
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2007, 06:29:48 pm »
Ok well Valor I have no further comments for you as it seems that you've run out of anything to say except "It sucks."  I suggest thinking of at least some other comment to make before coming back and posting.

By the way, the only reason I used a 1 is because the filter takes out 'b1thcing' because is has the base word 'b1tch' in it.  Unfortunately, if you had studied vocab better in school you would've realized that the noun and the verb have two very different meanings.  While on the topic 'b1tchy' (adjective) has a related meaning to the noun, while not being related to the verb at all...unless the person starts b1tching, such as you've done.

My god, you sir, better take your head and pry it out of your ass.
1. I have no other comment on this sad excuse for a mod. I am giving you suggestions on how to make your mod better. Your mind is just taking this helpful information and turning it into in some sort of insult. Since you are a new modder, I suggest you take this information and use it to your advantage.
2. I don't even know how you thought I didn't know the difference between a noun and an adjective.  I was pointing out how you used the word b1tch to dodge the swear filter.

Try harder and read people's post before you assume their flaming you.

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2007, 06:39:35 pm »
While I can see that you're trying to defend your work, I'll point out that Valorman does have some good points. I know that you can't really do anything about it until you come out with a [hopefully] better version, but it does help your image to keep a positive attitude (even if you have to lie through your teeth and say that you're making it better).

ATM, I'm tempted to say this this is a mediocre mod, and that's the worst kind of mod to have, because it's neither -good- [needs no help] nor -bad- [can be helped].
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline Sgt.Colwell

• Soldier
  • Last of a dying breed
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2007, 06:44:51 pm »
     THIS MOD ROCKS!!! OMFG! I LOVE THE TEXTURING. OMG AND HOW DID YOU DO THE ALT FLAMES! [pigtail] OMFG.
“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”
― Albert Einstein

MoonWolf

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2007, 06:54:03 pm »
Helpful? There was nothing helpful there, only: (Read all of his posts if you want...nothing helpful)
"...you just took his great weapons and made them ugly. "
That doesn't help at all...
"Why should I give constructive criticism on a mod that you just stole some weapons from another mod and made them ugly?  You just re-colored yamo's guns."
Well crap...this isn't helpful either.
"It would be ten times better just to create your own guns then just to rip them from other people."
Oh, hey! This is...not helpful at all.
"I am not "b1tching"(nice swear filter dodge) complaining or flaming."
You have been the whole time...and it wasn't a filter dodge, b1tching isn't a swear.  The only reason it's filtered is because the swear is part of it.
"I am giving you suggestions on how to make your mod better."
You haven't given me a single suggestion accept 'You fail do it better!'...which isn't even a suggestion...
"Try harder and read people's post before you assume their flaming you."
Try harder to post and 1. Not flame. 2. Not be an asshole. 3. Try reading others posts before formulating retarded comebacks.

Next time you wanna try to act like an internet asshole...just don't, because you fail horribly even at that.  I don't think you could take another loss to someone who can actually resist your flames, now stop posting or get back on the topic.

We're working on this all the time, I only released this version so far to show, and let people mess with our current progress.  I have never said this was complete, and I've stated numerous times it was a work in progress.  Yes, at the moment it is mediocre.  We hope to turn it into a great mod.

And uh, Colwell, the texture wasn't me, I said the ground textures were from the Wolfenstein mod....they just rock.  As for the flames, the standard was me and the alternate was done by A'den.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2007, 07:01:39 pm by MoonWolf »

Offline Ride

• Soldier
    • NA Soldat Clan Website
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2007, 07:03:18 pm »
Now Make an Re mod MoonWolf :\
Ingame Name: TC ~ Ryde.Lf ~
Past Clans: ^Re/ ~ -eO:

Offline Valorman

• Flagrunner
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2007, 09:22:08 pm »
At MoonWolf: Seriously, are you in 3rd grade? I did not flame you at all...In the beginning I stated that this was not your clan's mod, it was simply a recoloring. It takes no special talent to re-color or add onto. At this point you marked my post as spam and flame, which is incorrect because I actually gave my input on the mod with a reason.Then I actually gave you more input by saying create your own guns because the ones you have here are bad because all you did was alter somebody else's work. After I said this, you once again marked my post as spam and flame and said I was "b1tching." Then I once again stated Why your mod wasn't good. Then you assume I am just saying your mod sucks, which I am but at the same time I am saying WHY it sucks. I then state my reason behind why I think your mod sucks AGAIN. Even after this, you still assume I am flaming. You get the point. I wish somebody would backhand you right up side the head.  If you can't take criticism, don't mod, buddy.

MoonWolf

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2007, 07:21:53 am »
That's not criticism.

Ride: I guess I could make an RE mod, but it will have to wait until I can completely make my own guns from scratch, I really don't want to hear any of Valor's complaining in that one.

Anyways, me and A'den are hoping to edit the guns further this weekend.  Mereel may even join in to help, especially if I make him.  I'm going to try to fix up the minigun's shading before the weekend, and the light blue on the guns will be replaced with another color.

Offline Valorman

• Flagrunner
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2007, 08:24:17 am »
Forget it. I'm done with you. You are one of the reasons why everyone thinks Americans are stupid.

Offline LinkNEO

• Major
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2007, 03:12:16 pm »
Forget it. I'm done with you. You are one of the reasons why everyone thinks Americans are stupid.
I don't care about the mod and yes it look like crap to me, but Valor you going stated a flame by saying that.

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2007, 03:30:30 pm »
I gotta be honest with ya, you need more shading and coloring, and also the weapons are too... plain and they all use the same colors. So I think you gotta change the coloring and also you might wanna make weapons more unique. Also the color of the player doesnt really fit with the gun, so you might wanna change that.

also do you have a screenshot for the interface and the cursor?

Overall decent, but I still have to give you props and a 4/5 because this is your first mod.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 03:32:15 pm by excruciator »
Always remember the succubus...

MoonWolf

« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2007, 04:34:33 pm »
...Why the feck do you think I'm American?  You fecking piece of feck jackass, you've crossed the line now.  You don't even know what nationality I am stupid, I could be Asian, Australian, European...YOU DON'T feckING KNOW.  Just get the hell out of my thread NOW you racist asshole.  I don't tolerate your narrow-minded kind.

Back on topic: It is crap for now NEO...and you're an ass cause you could have just told me it did in vent...wait you have...never mind.  excruciator, it's still a WIP, so yea it will get better.  The gostek is a Clone Trooper (Star Wars).  The guns are just...whatever we're gonna make them so yea...  The light blue will be changed as well, it doesn't fit on the weaps gfx either.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 04:38:12 pm by MoonWolf »

Offline blackdevil0742

• Veteran
  • Don't Panic
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2007, 04:55:58 pm »
From your profile:

You know. Modders DO NOT like it when someone uses their stuff without permission. It's even worse when someone claims it as own work. What did you expect us to do, Be nice as it's your first mod? Hell no!

Even if your modding skills aren't good I'd say that it's better to do your own stuff. Look at me I'm doing my first mod(see link in signature) and that's without any use of others mods. What I did was ask for help how to do it and then get responses to my work to improve it.

Now to the nicer part. I do like the interface guns' coloring/shading dunno why the others don't ;/

OBEY!!!

Offline Shivorken

• Soldier
  • Full Blood Azn
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2007, 05:54:52 pm »
I for one do not think the recolouring is particularly that terrible. A bit too happy imo and could probably use a dark shade of blue.

You also sud be aware that this particular modding community does not appreciate stolen work and we have all had a good flame topic on this issue which is now locked up in the 'General Discussion' section of this forum.

From your profile:

SNAP!
[/url]

MoonWolf

« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2007, 10:44:55 pm »
Yes, I remember that topic....  Anyways, my location is Illinois, USA....why does that mean I'm American? I could have just moved here from Europe or Asia a couple months or years ago.  Seeing as I'm underage, that means I wouldn't have to choose a nationality yet.  I could be here on workers VISA if I'm not underage as well...that's just where I'm living.

Note: I never claimed other's work as my own, read the original post.  All guns used are credited as the base models.  Yes the guns do need the light blue taken out, which will be done.  But right now, after I finish posting this, I'm going to finish writing the paper I have that's due tomorrow...fecking research essays. =\
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 10:47:35 pm by MoonWolf »

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2007, 09:25:40 am »
     God you people are pathetic.

Seriously, who gives a flying f*ck whether he drew the guns or not? He didn't say they were made by him, so why the f*ck won't you people give that particular topic a f*ckin' rest? Valorman, your blatant ignoring of anything he says and off-topic flaming (plus going batf*ck over A BUNCH OF GUN PICTURES FOR A GAME, FOR F*CKS SAKE) isn't exactly speaking well for wherever the hell you're from; don't draw the stereotype card, especially when you're blowing whatever it is you think he did wrong out of proportion.

I mean, come on, if he had made the weapons himself would you still be spouting that
     "You're the reason people think Americans are stupid" bullsh*t? No, you actually give a f*ck that he didn't draw them completely himself, and won't look past that regardless of what he says. If I were enough of a dumbass to base the intelligence of a race on a single example then I wouldn't have much hope for your kids learning how to breathe.

And, what's wrong with the weapons? They're not the best, no, but not everyone has the same opinion. Certainly not bad enough to elicit the constant stream of bullsh*t you morons have been spouting since MoonWolf posted the mod. Again, if he had made the weapons would you really be saying how bad the mod is? I seriously doubt it.

He didn't post the mod here for 'glory', because he seems smart enough to know that no one will ever care how good the weapons you drew for a 2d game were, unlike you people with your heads up your asses spewing stuff about taking "credit" (which he gave in his first f*cking post). He *said* the weapons were from other mods, he just spent his times getting it together and putting it here because: (get this)

it is what we use and we thought we would share it with you guys

Oh wow, look at all that boasting of how long he spent making these completely original weapons from scratch. Punish his arrogance with your disapproval, oh noble members of Soldatforums! Do not fear that you are making dipsh*ts of yourselves over something completely irrelevant, for there is no cause more worthy than making jackasses of yourselves safely behind a keyboard in the name of the "Modding community".
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 01:48:25 pm by Lord Frunkamunch »
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2007, 09:48:18 am »
All weapons looks the same, it got nice sounds and the flames are great. Maybe you get the sounds from Star Wars? Because the wrist saber sound is from Luke's sword =P

Offline Valorman

• Flagrunner
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2007, 04:32:34 pm »
     God you people are pathetic.
Oh the irony.

Ya know what, I take modding seriously. I care if he stole the guns. Then I simply stated that it's better to create your own weapons then to build upon others. Then he interpreted this as some sort of flame. For the last god damn time, I am not flaming off topic. I admit I flamed when I said he was the reason for the stupid American stereotype. And Lord, I'd stop trying to dodge the swear filter. It was kinda funny to see you go bad shit crazy. MoonWolf, I do feel like I owe you an apology for dragging this thing out to far. I just didn't like the fact you modded on top of other peoples guns.

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2007, 07:14:48 pm »
Bat feck, actually. I dunno, feck looks around the same as f*ck.

And MoonWolf, I tried out the mod and the only thing I though really stood out was the brightness of the blue. Aside from that, though, it's got a nice futuristic style.
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

MoonWolf

« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2007, 05:12:04 pm »
Oh fuck, thank you Niko I forgot entirely about sfx...  =\ I'll edit the original post when I get a change, thanks.

Offline Aarni Valkea

• Soldier
  • R-tisht
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2007, 03:01:09 pm »
I haven't seen the "original" weapons, but those look nice. Actually, IMO their forms and the ideas are very good, but a bit too complicated to draw into such proportions. Maybe you could smoothen the shading a little bit and remove some detail to make them look better.

I agree to the point that creating your own is always better than modifying someone else's. That doesn't mean every modification sucks and all originals are automatically better though ;)

Oh, and by the way: Never use "it is my first mod" as an excuse, you don't really want to get 'better points' via that one.
Where life has no value, death has a price!

Offline Sgt.Colwell

• Soldier
  • Last of a dying breed
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2007, 09:39:07 am »
     Lord Frunkamunch Try the Secondary flames. we got 2 different flame folders. Use the second one. A'Den made that recolored that one all by himself.
“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”
― Albert Einstein

MoonWolf

« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2007, 08:48:50 pm »
alright well 2 comments before I take this mod offline for a little while.

1. Colwell, if I'm correct Frunkamunch was talking about the light blue on the guns(please correct me if I'm wrong).

2. I wasn't going for better points, just letting people know it was my first mod.