Author Topic: Advanced Recon Commandos Clan Mod  (Read 8836 times)

Offline Valorman

• Flagrunner
Re: Advanced Recon Commandos Clan Mod
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2007, 09:22:08 pm »
At MoonWolf: Seriously, are you in 3rd grade? I did not flame you at all...In the beginning I stated that this was not your clan's mod, it was simply a recoloring. It takes no special talent to re-color or add onto. At this point you marked my post as spam and flame, which is incorrect because I actually gave my input on the mod with a reason.Then I actually gave you more input by saying create your own guns because the ones you have here are bad because all you did was alter somebody else's work. After I said this, you once again marked my post as spam and flame and said I was "b1tching." Then I once again stated Why your mod wasn't good. Then you assume I am just saying your mod sucks, which I am but at the same time I am saying WHY it sucks. I then state my reason behind why I think your mod sucks AGAIN. Even after this, you still assume I am flaming. You get the point. I wish somebody would backhand you right up side the head.  If you can't take criticism, don't mod, buddy.

MoonWolf

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2007, 07:21:53 am »
That's not criticism.

Ride: I guess I could make an RE mod, but it will have to wait until I can completely make my own guns from scratch, I really don't want to hear any of Valor's complaining in that one.

Anyways, me and A'den are hoping to edit the guns further this weekend.  Mereel may even join in to help, especially if I make him.  I'm going to try to fix up the minigun's shading before the weekend, and the light blue on the guns will be replaced with another color.

Offline Valorman

• Flagrunner
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2007, 08:24:17 am »
Forget it. I'm done with you. You are one of the reasons why everyone thinks Americans are stupid.

Offline LinkNEO

• Major
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2007, 03:12:16 pm »
Forget it. I'm done with you. You are one of the reasons why everyone thinks Americans are stupid.
I don't care about the mod and yes it look like crap to me, but Valor you going stated a flame by saying that.

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2007, 03:30:30 pm »
I gotta be honest with ya, you need more shading and coloring, and also the weapons are too... plain and they all use the same colors. So I think you gotta change the coloring and also you might wanna make weapons more unique. Also the color of the player doesnt really fit with the gun, so you might wanna change that.

also do you have a screenshot for the interface and the cursor?

Overall decent, but I still have to give you props and a 4/5 because this is your first mod.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 03:32:15 pm by excruciator »
Always remember the succubus...

MoonWolf

« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2007, 04:34:33 pm »
...Why the feck do you think I'm American?  You fecking piece of feck jackass, you've crossed the line now.  You don't even know what nationality I am stupid, I could be Asian, Australian, European...YOU DON'T feckING KNOW.  Just get the hell out of my thread NOW you racist asshole.  I don't tolerate your narrow-minded kind.

Back on topic: It is crap for now NEO...and you're an ass cause you could have just told me it did in vent...wait you have...never mind.  excruciator, it's still a WIP, so yea it will get better.  The gostek is a Clone Trooper (Star Wars).  The guns are just...whatever we're gonna make them so yea...  The light blue will be changed as well, it doesn't fit on the weaps gfx either.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 04:38:12 pm by MoonWolf »

Offline blackdevil0742

• Veteran
  • Don't Panic
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2007, 04:55:58 pm »
From your profile:

You know. Modders DO NOT like it when someone uses their stuff without permission. It's even worse when someone claims it as own work. What did you expect us to do, Be nice as it's your first mod? Hell no!

Even if your modding skills aren't good I'd say that it's better to do your own stuff. Look at me I'm doing my first mod(see link in signature) and that's without any use of others mods. What I did was ask for help how to do it and then get responses to my work to improve it.

Now to the nicer part. I do like the interface guns' coloring/shading dunno why the others don't ;/

OBEY!!!

Offline Shivorken

• Soldier
  • Full Blood Azn
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2007, 05:54:52 pm »
I for one do not think the recolouring is particularly that terrible. A bit too happy imo and could probably use a dark shade of blue.

You also sud be aware that this particular modding community does not appreciate stolen work and we have all had a good flame topic on this issue which is now locked up in the 'General Discussion' section of this forum.

From your profile:

SNAP!
[/url]

MoonWolf

« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2007, 10:44:55 pm »
Yes, I remember that topic....  Anyways, my location is Illinois, USA....why does that mean I'm American? I could have just moved here from Europe or Asia a couple months or years ago.  Seeing as I'm underage, that means I wouldn't have to choose a nationality yet.  I could be here on workers VISA if I'm not underage as well...that's just where I'm living.

Note: I never claimed other's work as my own, read the original post.  All guns used are credited as the base models.  Yes the guns do need the light blue taken out, which will be done.  But right now, after I finish posting this, I'm going to finish writing the paper I have that's due tomorrow...fecking research essays. =\
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 10:47:35 pm by MoonWolf »

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2007, 09:25:40 am »
     God you people are pathetic.

Seriously, who gives a flying f*ck whether he drew the guns or not? He didn't say they were made by him, so why the f*ck won't you people give that particular topic a f*ckin' rest? Valorman, your blatant ignoring of anything he says and off-topic flaming (plus going batf*ck over A BUNCH OF GUN PICTURES FOR A GAME, FOR F*CKS SAKE) isn't exactly speaking well for wherever the hell you're from; don't draw the stereotype card, especially when you're blowing whatever it is you think he did wrong out of proportion.

I mean, come on, if he had made the weapons himself would you still be spouting that
     "You're the reason people think Americans are stupid" bullsh*t? No, you actually give a f*ck that he didn't draw them completely himself, and won't look past that regardless of what he says. If I were enough of a dumbass to base the intelligence of a race on a single example then I wouldn't have much hope for your kids learning how to breathe.

And, what's wrong with the weapons? They're not the best, no, but not everyone has the same opinion. Certainly not bad enough to elicit the constant stream of bullsh*t you morons have been spouting since MoonWolf posted the mod. Again, if he had made the weapons would you really be saying how bad the mod is? I seriously doubt it.

He didn't post the mod here for 'glory', because he seems smart enough to know that no one will ever care how good the weapons you drew for a 2d game were, unlike you people with your heads up your asses spewing stuff about taking "credit" (which he gave in his first f*cking post). He *said* the weapons were from other mods, he just spent his times getting it together and putting it here because: (get this)

it is what we use and we thought we would share it with you guys

Oh wow, look at all that boasting of how long he spent making these completely original weapons from scratch. Punish his arrogance with your disapproval, oh noble members of Soldatforums! Do not fear that you are making dipsh*ts of yourselves over something completely irrelevant, for there is no cause more worthy than making jackasses of yourselves safely behind a keyboard in the name of the "Modding community".
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 01:48:25 pm by Lord Frunkamunch »
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2007, 09:48:18 am »
All weapons looks the same, it got nice sounds and the flames are great. Maybe you get the sounds from Star Wars? Because the wrist saber sound is from Luke's sword =P

Offline Valorman

• Flagrunner
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2007, 04:32:34 pm »
     God you people are pathetic.
Oh the irony.

Ya know what, I take modding seriously. I care if he stole the guns. Then I simply stated that it's better to create your own weapons then to build upon others. Then he interpreted this as some sort of flame. For the last god damn time, I am not flaming off topic. I admit I flamed when I said he was the reason for the stupid American stereotype. And Lord, I'd stop trying to dodge the swear filter. It was kinda funny to see you go bad shit crazy. MoonWolf, I do feel like I owe you an apology for dragging this thing out to far. I just didn't like the fact you modded on top of other peoples guns.

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2007, 07:14:48 pm »
Bat feck, actually. I dunno, feck looks around the same as f*ck.

And MoonWolf, I tried out the mod and the only thing I though really stood out was the brightness of the blue. Aside from that, though, it's got a nice futuristic style.
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

MoonWolf

« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2007, 05:12:04 pm »
Oh fuck, thank you Niko I forgot entirely about sfx...  =\ I'll edit the original post when I get a change, thanks.

Offline Aarni Valkea

• Soldier
  • R-tisht
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2007, 03:01:09 pm »
I haven't seen the "original" weapons, but those look nice. Actually, IMO their forms and the ideas are very good, but a bit too complicated to draw into such proportions. Maybe you could smoothen the shading a little bit and remove some detail to make them look better.

I agree to the point that creating your own is always better than modifying someone else's. That doesn't mean every modification sucks and all originals are automatically better though ;)

Oh, and by the way: Never use "it is my first mod" as an excuse, you don't really want to get 'better points' via that one.
Where life has no value, death has a price!

Offline Sgt.Colwell

• Soldier
  • Last of a dying breed
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2007, 09:39:07 am »
     Lord Frunkamunch Try the Secondary flames. we got 2 different flame folders. Use the second one. A'Den made that recolored that one all by himself.
“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”
― Albert Einstein

MoonWolf

« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2007, 08:48:50 pm »
alright well 2 comments before I take this mod offline for a little while.

1. Colwell, if I'm correct Frunkamunch was talking about the light blue on the guns(please correct me if I'm wrong).

2. I wasn't going for better points, just letting people know it was my first mod.