Author Topic: srry noob question  (Read 4249 times)

Offline hihihiIneedhelp

• Major(1)
srry noob question
« on: October 21, 2007, 01:02:12 pm »
when i download a mod i get this zip file, and so what do i do with it? i open the folder but has no application and only folders and stuff. how do i get the mod to work?

Date Posted: October 21, 2007, 01:47:04 pm
srry rong section, srry for double post too

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
Re: srry noob question
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2007, 01:51:46 pm »
Firstly you need a program called winrar. Google it, it's free.

Then you open the .zip in winrar by right clicking on it and clicking either explore or open. You need to extract the contents of it into your Soldat/Mods/ folder using winrar ... do this by dragging the files from the winrar window, they should be in one big folder with the name of the mod on it... if they aren't then you need to make a folder in Soldat/Mods/ like this:

and arrange all the contents of the .zip file like the main Soldat directory is

"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20

Offline hihihiIneedhelp

• Major(1)
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2007, 02:16:17 pm »
okay thx i extracted all the mod files in mod directery, but i still dont understand how u run the mod. its just a folder isnt it?

Offline PaFel

• Veteran
  • Weaponology Expert
    • PaFcio TACTIACAL
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2007, 02:19:56 pm »
How to run? Run "Start" in your Soldat directory and select mod you want use.

Offline hihihiIneedhelp

• Major(1)
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2007, 02:22:25 pm »
haha i think thats my problem it doesnt show up in my mod directectory but ive already extracted the files in the mods folder

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2007, 02:30:03 pm »
They need to be in a folder in the mods folder.

i.e ... if it was a predator mod... then all the files would be in Soldat/Mods/Predator
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20

Offline TBDM

• Flagrunner
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2007, 02:55:49 pm »
Mangled, not ALL mods work like that.

some just need to be copied over the default soldat files (over default interfaces,weapons gfx's,sounds,..) because thy are old..(but imo still the best)

Offline PaFel

• Veteran
  • Weaponology Expert
    • PaFcio TACTIACAL
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2007, 02:59:18 pm »
Mangled, not ALL mods work like that.

some just need to be copied over the default soldat files (over default interfaces,weapons gfx's,sounds,..) because thy are old..(but imo still the best)

All mods that work by copying folders would work with mod selector too. Just copy all folders (eg. "Weapons-gfx", "Interface-gfx" etc.) into new folder and move that folder into Soldat/Mods.

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2007, 05:28:15 pm »
TBDM: Yes, I'm well aware that there are several ways to install mods. But all I am doing is assuming... if he doesn't know how to install mod. Then he probably isn't that advanced at using computers in this kind of way, and thus would probably benefit from not overwriting his default Soldat.

Offline hihihiIneedhelp

• Major(1)
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2007, 07:13:21 pm »
ok i get the concept u have to make multiple copies of soldat and then overwrite them with a mod so they are basically a game itself not a mod

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2007, 07:01:11 pm »
Yes but that way wastes memory and time if you need to install soldat multiple times.

Offline MorlanV

• Major(1)
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2010, 08:39:02 am »
Normally what I do is, I create a 2nd Soldat and place the mod into the 2nd soldat, replacing file's if asked.

(If map's from Soldat 1 is wanted in the 2nd soldat, follow this step.)
Than, I copy the texture's from S1, paste into S2's texture folder. I do the same with Scenery-gfx, and again with map's folder.

I seperate S1 and S2 so they are in different folder's rather than having S2 in S1's mod folder, because it most likely won't appear.

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2010, 10:51:59 am »
Massive necrospam: strike one, you're out.
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0