Author Topic: What does your perfect clan battle look like?  (Read 2773 times)

Offline spkka

• Camper
What does your perfect clan battle look like?
« on: October 22, 2007, 02:05:03 pm »
What does your perfect clan battle look like?

As some of you might know sai`ke and me are running the tactical trenchwar server.
Since we both have none experience with clan battles / gathers etc we thought you hardcore clanners could provide us some information!

I don't need information about the server settings. Provide us information how your perfect clan battle / gather / tournament / league would look like!

Thnx in advance Spkka  :-*

Offline mozzer

• Camper
Re: What does your perfect clan battle look like?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2007, 04:54:50 pm »
You win 10-0? lol. You play good, have good teamwork and communication (taunts teamspeak etc)

Offline Demonic

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • All you hate!
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2007, 05:01:40 pm »
A clan match is two teams of three ( or in rare situations 4 ) people facing each other in CTF. Usually, the first map they play is Laos, and the winner of the map ( time and cap limit are 10, max. grenades 3, friendly fire off ) may choose the second map they play. Incase of tie, Bravo team chooses the map.

When using SCTFL/gather rules, each team chooses one map, and Laos ( or a randomly determined map ) is played as tiebreaker ( after 1-0 or 1-1 ).

Matches are good when each team is about on the same level of skill, and your balls sweat even at the last seconds. Mowing someone down 10-0 in two maps is not fun, it's just boring :\

Offline Boots

• Veteran
  • I Am Iron Man
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2007, 11:37:02 pm »
A clan match is two teams of three ( or in rare situations 4 ) people facing each other in CTF. Usually, the first map they play is Laos, and the winner of the map ( time and cap limit are 10, max. grenades 3, friendly fire off ) may choose the second map they play. Incase of tie, Bravo team chooses the map.

They kinda do it different in Aus, Starting with B2B and having a cap limit of 8.
That girl's a genius
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh
I think she's serious
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh

Offline zaraza

• Soldier
  • *Axeminster!*
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2007, 12:36:35 am »
It's perfect when enemy team gives you some competition, and when your team is actually a TEAM. Only then score 10:0 could be satisfying.

Offline Avkon

• Soldier
  • Ah, whatever.
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2007, 03:48:25 am »
A score of 10:0 wouldn't be that great, you could play against any new clan and get 10 caps, but it wouldn't be fun, atleast after you've scored 3-4 times; but if you play a clan that's as good as, if not better than, you, then it'd be a satisfying game, if only for the gameplay (no matter whether you win or lose).

If you win, of course, it's always better, but I think the quality of the game matters a lot as well.

Offline spkka

• Camper
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2007, 06:58:30 am »
thnx for the comments!
how are tournaments / leagues are scheduled?
Greetz spkka

Offline Avkon

• Soldier
  • Ah, whatever.
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2007, 07:58:11 am »
How tournaments and leagues are organized, you mean?

I think it goes somewhat like this: before the tournament/league begins, there's a forum, or some other such interface, where clans can enroll. There's usually a date after which all the clans are finalized and no more clans can join, and then the games begin, with rankings based on wins/losses (obviously), caps, etc.