Author Topic: CommandCrate (Re named from CommandBox)  (Read 7471 times)

Offline Kavukamari

• Camper
  • 3.14159265358979, mmm... pi
CommandCrate (Re named from CommandBox)
« on: October 23, 2007, 11:20:46 pm »
After much thought, Re-Scripting, and debugging I have decided to release my "OnCommand" script with a more catchy (sorry fistbox, mine is a "box" too) name

Script Name: CommandCrate
Script Description: Contains my /create, /spawn, /force, /damage, /move, /active*, /kills*, and /mega scripts&commands (* = new command) I'm hoping these will be added to servers soon, as the commands are fun (if you are an admin ;) )
Original Author(s): Me!!! help from Toumaz in debugging, Re-Scripted by me (the file(s) used to be bigger, now all commands are in one script and is as compact as I can make it)
Core Version: 2.6.3 ??
Code:
Quote from: "Readme.txt'
Commands are as follows:

/create
params:
[pnum] (player number to create bullet at)
[xoff] (x axis offset -# = left, +# = right)
[yoff] (y axis offset -# = up, +# = down)
[xvel] (x velocity -# = left, +# = right)
[yvel] (y velocity -# = up, +# = down)
[hitm] (hit multiplier)
[type] (bullet type)
[owns] (owner of bullet)

command syntax example:
/create 1 0 0 3 -5 100 4 1 (creates a m79 nade at player 1's location with no offsets, going up and right (player 1 ownes bullet))

/spawn
params:
[wnum] (object number to spawn)
[pnum] (player number to spawn object at)
[xoff] (x offset)
[yoff] (y offset)

command syntax example:
/spawn 5 1 0 0 (spawns spas 12 @ player 1's location(no offsets))

/force
params:
[pnum] (player number who's weaps to force)
[prim] (primary weapon)
[secd] (secondary weapon)
[ammo] (Ammo to give, 0 is default)

command syntax example:
/force 1 10 5 0 (forces player1 to have minigun as primary and spas 12 as secondary with default ammo)

/dodamage
params:
[pnum] (player to damage)
[dmgi] (damage integer)

command syntax example:
/dodamage 1 150 ("Perfect kill"'s player 1 (perfect kill is 150 damage, that's the minimal damage to kill a player in DoDamage))

/move
params:
[pnum] (player to move)
[tnum] (player to move to)
[xoff] (x offset)
[yoff] (y offset)

command syntax example:
/move 1 2 0 0 (moves player 1 to player 2 (no offsets)

/kills
params:
[pnum] (player who's kills to set)
[kills] (new kills amount)

command syntax example:
/kills 1 5 (set's player 1's kills to 5)

/active (might change to /toggle)
params:
[pnum] (player whos weap to toggle)
[wnum] (weapon to toggle)
[optn] (true for on or false for off)

command syntax example:
/active 1 5 false (sets player 1's spas to off in weap menu)

/mega
params:
[script] (script to use on all players)
[script params] (script's params)

command syntax examples:
/mega move 1 0 0 (moves all players to player 1 (no offsets))
/mega spawn 5 0 0 (spawns spas 12 at all players feet (no offsets))
/mega active 1 false (turns deagles off for all players)

full list:
/create (params)
/spawn (params)
/force (params)
/dodamage (params)
/move (params)
/kills (params)
/active (params)
/mega (params)

(attached)

• Fixed spawnin problems, mostly fixed crap, added a couple o /help stuffs...
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 09:46:38 pm by Kavukamari »
"Be mindful of fame, show a mighty courage, watch against foes. Nor shalt thou lack what thou desirest, if with thy life thou hast comest out from that heroic task."

Offline 1221995

• Soldier
Re: CommandBox
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 06:13:17 am »
Hey, kavakumari? the commands are a little bit hard to understand, but i think i get them ;)
This looks very fun, i think i mite try it sometime on my server (its not very popular tho, but i can try)
i think i mite try to change it some commands work for all players, ya know???

EDIT: it looks REALLY FUN now that i look at it lol

Suggestions:
you could make every player be able to do, like i mentioned, ;)
you could make a /commands so that people could see the commands
you could add a /wepnums so thatyou could see what the numbers are
you could add a  /playernums so that you could see what the player numbers are
ill add more, but i cant right now, cause i got somone on my lap... litterally... no.. really... he's on my lap rite now... it makes it hard to type LOLZ

RE EDIT: im adding more now
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 02:09:59 pm by 1221995 »

Offline Toumaz

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2007, 07:45:28 am »
(sorry fistbox, mine is a "box" too)
Original name and concept, eh >:|

Wish I could say good job, but considering how messy and bloated the code is, I think you still have a few ways to go before that's justified.

Few thoughts:

• Use proper and more efficient variable declarations instead of loads of global variants
  • You'd preferably want exception handling to tell the player he's messing stuff up
  • Read up on the case statement and use that instead of the myriads of if:s
  • Your code indentation is fugly, to say the least
  • Loops whose only intention is to handle players are better off with the iteration variable as a byte, seeing as it's a bit more memory efficient
  • There's no point in storing wether or not a player is active in an array, seeing as you could simply do GetPlayerStat(ID,'active') directly

Offline Kavukamari

• Camper
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2007, 12:51:05 pm »
Quote from: suggestion 1 (1221995)
Suggestions:
you could make every player be able to do, like i mentioned, ;)
if you must... (OnCommand changes to OnPlayerCommand)

Quote from: suggestion 2 (1221995)
you could make a /commands so that people could see the commands
I'll work on it (prolly a /help [script] comand in-game too)

Quote from: suggestion 3&4 (1221995)
you could add a /wepnums so thatyou could see what the numbers are
you could add a /playernums so that you could see what the player numbers are
/weapnums: I'll get right on it (day after tomorro, I lost two days worth of computer time posting this script, I have to live off school comps for 2 days)
/playernums: when commanding (/) press F1 (score menu) and it shows player nums

Quote from: Angry Toumaz
Quote from: Kavukamari
(sorry fistbox, mine is a "box" too)
Original name and concept, eh >:|
I'll change the name to CommandCrate, ok? better? (not much change)

Quote from: Toumaz
Few thoughts:

Use proper and more efficient variable declarations instead of loads of global variants

suggestions? should I array my temps instead?

You'd preferably want exception handling to tell the player he's messing stuff up
I thought I covered everything :/

Read up on the case statement and use that instead of the myriads of if's
I'll search...

Your code indentation is fugly, to say the least
O.o what's wrong T_T I add more double spaces after new begins

Loops whose only intention is to handle players are better off with the iteration variable as a byte, seeing as it's a bit more memory efficient
will change

There's no point in storing wether or not a player is active in an array, seeing as you could simply do GetPlayerStat(ID,'active') directly
arraying it lessens code size (even by a little) I like it this way...

I'll fix problems when I'm on the comp again
"Be mindful of fame, show a mighty courage, watch against foes. Nor shalt thou lack what thou desirest, if with thy life thou hast comest out from that heroic task."

Offline 1221995

• Soldier
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2007, 02:27:45 pm »
Suggestions cont.:
--how about a name like Com-Play, Complay or command play(those prolly stink, im just making random suggestions lol :P ) ? Maybe somthing like Free-command. you could also do something that sounds cool  like F15 or XQ9. lol
--im not sure wether u hav it already, but if not, how about a /tele (and, optionaly, a /mapcoords). /mapcoords would put u in spec mode, but tell u wat the coords are whereever ur mouse is (im like 90 percent sure thats impossible, but o well, just a suggestion) :P
--this would be cheap if it could be used by anyone, but only used by admins, it could be cool. Im thinking a /spawnset that would let u choose were u wanna respawn every time. typeing /spawnset current or someting would make u respawn in the place u just wer. This would just be fun to hav.
-- lastly, (sorry toumaz, its just such a cool concept) a /godmode on/off command.
Ill add even more later.

EDIT:  thought of some...
-- a /jam command that jams a certain player numbers gun. /unjam could also be used the same way. (by jam, i mean the reload bar stays in the same place and if is reloded, wont shoot.
-- a /jamwep command that jams a certain GUN of all players. lets say 2 people have m79s.
/jamwep 7 makes both of their guns jam. that way u can temp deactivate guns while people still hav them. /unjam could also be used the same way.
-- also, u could try to make commands a lil simpler ;)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 02:40:47 pm by 1221995 »

Offline Kavukamari

• Camper
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2007, 03:09:19 pm »
Quote from: suggestions (1221995)
Suggestions cont.:
--how about a name like Com-Play, Complay or command play(those prolly stink, im just making random suggestions lol :P ) ? Maybe somthing like Free-command. you could also do something that sounds cool  like F15 or XQ9. lol
--im not sure wether u hav it already, but if not, how about a /tele (and, optionaly, a /mapcoords). /mapcoords would put u in spec mode, but tell u wat the coords are whereever ur mouse is (im like 90 percent sure thats impossible, but o well, just a suggestion) :P
--this would be cheap if it could be used by anyone, but only used by admins, it could be cool. Im thinking a /spawnset that would let u choose were u wanna respawn every time. typeing /spawnset current or someting would make u respawn in the place u just wer. This would just be fun to hav.
-- lastly, (sorry toumaz, its just such a cool concept) a /godmode on/off command.
-- a /jam command that jams a certain player numbers gun. /unjam could also be used the same way. (by jam, i mean the reload bar stays in the same place and if is reloded, wont shoot.
-- a /jamwep command that jams a certain GUN of all players. lets say 2 people have m79s.
/jamwep 7 makes both of their guns jam. that way u can temp deactivate guns while people still hav them. /unjam could also be used the same way.
-- also, u could try to make commands a lil simpler ;)

Name: will change to CommandCrate or Free-Sol or something. just be glad I didn't stick with "God-minBox" :X (that was original name)
/tele: I will add a /pos command and a /tele 1/2/3 or something (/tele 1 save, /tele 1 load)
/spawnset: I think I will add this, and maybe make seperate arrays of spawn points for each player
/god: I will add this, but I will have a diff way then fistbox (OnPlayerDamage Result:=0) (hey toumaz, does result in onplayerdamage change damage done?)
/jam: I don't think this is possible, unless you use a forceweapon loop in apponidle

Offline 1221995

• Soldier
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2007, 03:21:57 pm »
ok. ill think up somemore soon ;)

Diss

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2007, 05:10:56 pm »
Soldat must hate me as it won't work :(
It says the script loaded but I tried them all and nothing happened :S

Offline DorkeyDear

• Veteran
  • I also go by Curt or menturi
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2007, 05:15:21 pm »
make sure ur admin ^^

Offline Kavukamari

• Camper
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2007, 05:26:34 pm »
ToDoList:

• Change Script Name
  • Add /help Script
  • More efficiant variables
  • fix un-needed stuffs
  • add /pos and /tele scripts
  • Add /spawnset
  • Add /god
  • try /jam
  • wait for Toumaz to reply :P[/s]
  • Maybe more stuff
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 12:50:14 pm by Kavukamari »

Offline 1221995

• Soldier
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2007, 08:35:56 pm »
sounds good for now :)

Offline Toumaz

• Veteran
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2007, 12:32:36 am »
/god: I will add this, but I will have a diff way then fistbox (OnPlayerDamage Result:=0) (hey toumaz, does result in onplayerdamage change damage done?)
First off, that's how it's done in Fistbox as well; seeing as there's no other way to properly do it.
And yes, it does. You need to use a rather high negative value in order to make the player completely invulnerable against explosions (-9999 should be well sufficient).

Offline Kavukamari

• Camper
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2007, 12:47:06 pm »
so you are letting me use /god mode? thanks! are you happy I'm changing the script name?

(I know why the health dissapears now, you use negative number :P)

how might I make my variables more efficiant? (and should I round /pos, I think I should)

(suggestion time :P)
for Fistbox, you should "install" a dummy bot! (copy an existing bot and set everything to 0 (except name, that should be "Dummy" and filename "Dummy")) and allow ppl to add maybe only 8 or so (2 on each team) (for testing weapon mod damage (for the people serious about it:P))

Diss

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2007, 02:13:07 pm »
make sure ur admin ^^

I was admin, and to make sure I did a few commands that admins can do.

Offline Kavukamari

• Camper
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2007, 03:02:20 pm »
did you use chat key to use commands? if so, don't, use / instead.

Date Posted: October 25, 2007, 03:59:40 pm
oh and did you include all of the parameters in your command? (/spawn 1 1 0 0 spawns deagles at player 1 (no offsets) and /create 1 0 0 0 0 100 4 1 makes m79 nade at player 1 (no velocity or offsets))

Offline Quantifier

• Major
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2007, 03:41:21 pm »
Loops whose only intention is to handle players are better off with the iteration variable as a byte, seeing as it's a bit more memory efficient

I wouldn't be so sure about it. You _could_ gain 3 bytes, but they most probably end up unused anyway, to keep memory aligned to full words.

Diss

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2007, 02:16:06 pm »
If you reread what I posted, you will see that I said "I did a few commands that admins can do."
Which implies I used '/' and not the chat button.

Had no idea if that second part was too me, but yes I tried various combinations of the numbers and nothing work.
E.g- /spawn 1 1 0 0, /spawn1100, /spawn 1100
Nothing worked for me.

Offline Kavukamari

• Camper
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2007, 03:34:55 pm »
hmmm... not sure wtf is wrong then...

I',m working on /help now, will do /pos later, and /tele tomorro maybe

Date Posted: October 26, 2007, 04:13:21 pm

I wouldn't be so sure about it. You _could_ gain 3 bytes, but they most probably end up unused anyway, to keep memory aligned to full words.
??? :/

Diss

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2007, 10:33:49 am »
Ahhhh nvm, got it to work.
But I am having issues when you do /spawn and /create.
When I would put 1 for the player id, it will spawn where alot of medkits do, rather than their feet.

Offline Kavukamari

• Camper
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2007, 12:35:55 pm »
I fixed that, will release next version soon. not fin'd yet because of fistbox Source code being released :):):) I ♥ (<3) fistbox

Date Posted: October 29, 2007, 01:30:43 pm
(right now it spawns at the coords you give :P)