Author Topic: forums.soldat.pl/Soldat.pl Image hosting changes  (Read 719 times)

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
forums.soldat.pl/Soldat.pl Image hosting changes
« on: October 24, 2007, 10:04:13 am »
This is mainly for people who are interested or those who notice something broken:

As described here and here I've made some simple changes to how images are hosted for some of the busier official Soldat-related sites.  While this will help performance a little bit during normal usage, it will help a lot during release time.

This post is here to serve 2 purposes:
  • Let people who are interested in this kind of thing know.  I know a decent amount of people here are always interested to hear what they can about how Soldat is developed and hosted (granted that I have very little to do with Soldat's development)
  • Let people know what is going on so that they know why images may not be working or behave differently

If you notice any problems with images not loading or anything else, please let me know and I'll look into it.  There shouldn't be any problems introduced by this, but there's always the chance ;)

If you notice any broken images on Soldat.pl, it is likely caused by the same thing and I'd greatly appreciate it if you can let me know.  The changes impact a lot of the content on Soldat.pl (the english, p, and eesti versions). 

Also, if you're boed, feel free to look around the Soldat site for images and downloads that don't work or still point to soldat.pl addresses instead of static.soldat.pl.  I am pretty sure there are quite a few pages with old image links, and I've mainly been working on converting the busiest ones first.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 10:33:08 am by FliesLikeABrick »