Author Topic: -.:PREDATOR:.-  (Read 15278 times)

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
Re: -.:PREDATOR:.- (v1.1 update)
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2007, 08:26:18 am »
I've updated the version on FileFront and included the font.cfg (v1.1) so anybody who wanted to play with the font can now do so.
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20

Offline Henito Kisou

• Flagrunner
  • Cursed Mind
    • Me on deviantART
Re: -.:PREDATOR:.-
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2007, 11:07:53 am »
Maybe soon you make addon or extras pack for it to make:
Marine expansion.
Alien expansion.
Just 2 little optional sets with gosteks, some different bonuses and weapons, also some sounds? Player decide which side theme want download to upgrade his Predator mod. Something like Predator vs Alien... or Predator vs Marine, because everything as basic is Predator themed, so there's will not be Marine vs Alien, just optional, additional theme to mix with Predator, still only addon, small expansion, not entirely or 1/2 Predator and 1/2 Marine/Alien.

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2007, 12:17:16 pm »
Actually I am currently working on a separate marine mod.. which is looking sexy. But I'm not intending it as an expansion.. the weapons don't really fit with the Predator ones and I thought it would be silly to have marines using Predator technology and vice versa.

As for alien.. it's pretty useless since aliens only have claws and teeth really... they don't use guns, so that renders 12 out of the 14 weapons useless because they aren't melee.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 12:20:38 pm by Mangled* »
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20

Offline pinOi32

• Camper
  • "Bravo kid's bad day"
    • Newgrounds
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2007, 04:34:31 pm »
umm everytime I run your mod, how come my interface or my text isnt like the one in your screenshots? (im registered)

oh wait...I found a magic button called "Predator Mod Manual", so nvm -.-

umm, can someone pls upload a copy of the original soldat interface-gfx folder? because I did something wrong :(
« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 04:59:06 pm by pinOi32 »
Pls use my amazing interface:
http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=27584

I WIN!!

WHY MY KARMA SUCK??

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2007, 05:58:58 pm »
umm, can someone pls upload a copy of the original soldat interface-gfx folder? because I did something wrong :(

Can't you just reinstall Soldat?

What did you do wrong? Because the mod is designed not to replace any original interface files.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 10:12:02 am by Mangled* »

Offline Henito Kisou

• Flagrunner
  • Cursed Mind
    • Me on deviantART
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2007, 11:12:49 am »
He probably is scared because overwrited original interface, or replaced all files in Soldat folder.
.Png's are always loaded first, so there's not loaded original interface.

Offline pinOi32

• Camper
  • "Bravo kid's bad day"
    • Newgrounds
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2007, 06:44:48 pm »
well...I accidentally replaced the original interface gfx with the predator interface gfx, and no I dont want to reinstall soldat because thats just a waste of time when all I need is one little section of it -.-

I WIN!!

WHY MY KARMA SUCK??

Offline Henito Kisou

• Flagrunner
  • Cursed Mind
    • Me on deviantART
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2007, 07:52:14 pm »
If only interface, delete all .png's from original interface-gfx, if just weapon interfaces, delete all .png's from original interface-gfx/guns.

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2007, 08:56:58 pm »
You don't even need to replace your original interface-gfx/guns folder, it works via the mod directory.

The only things that don't work via the mod directory are the font.cfg and the interface-gfx (excluding guns) ... and out of those, it's only the font.cfg that replaces the original, all other files will not replace originals unless you overwrite your original soldat files purposely. I suggest you save yourself alot of silly bother by reinstalling soldat and then reinstalling the mod using the instructions provided.

I don't see why this is such a problem when soldat only weighs 13mb. I could fix all of it in 30 seconds.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 08:58:48 pm by Mangled* »

Offline pinOi32

• Camper
  • "Bravo kid's bad day"
    • Newgrounds
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2007, 11:56:55 am »
fine  >:(

I WIN!!

WHY MY KARMA SUCK??

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2007, 06:40:49 pm »
Bleh. The weapons themselves aren't bad, but the placement is really fecked up. A stick as the chainsaw? A disc as the minigun? And having 6 and 7 virtually the same weapon looks pretty bad, doubly so when they're right next to each other.

The gosteks and bonuses are pretty nice though.
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2007, 12:40:55 pm »
Bleh. The weapons themselves aren't bad, but the placement is really fecked up. A stick as the chainsaw? A disc as the minigun? And having 6 and 7 virtually the same weapon looks pretty bad, doubly so when they're right next to each other.

The gosteks and bonuses are pretty nice though.

What you have to understand is... Predators don't run around with machineguns and assault rifles. That, and the combination of wanting to keep the mod as authentic and faithful to the original weapons as possible is why the weapons may seem odd.. but only in relation to normal mods/soldat.

6 and 7 (ruger and m79) are virtually the same basic weapon.. is because they are the same weapon, but each represent different firing modes of that weapon.. Think of it as the equivilant as them both being an M4 rifle with an underslung grenade launcher attached to it... Which is why they look and sound similar. A stick for the chainsaw.. well the stick had to be in the mod somewhere since it's featured in all the films and games... not to mention the fact that I was very short of choices as to what to use as weapons to keep it faithful to the series  and so naturally as a melee weapon.. the chainsaw was the only one I could replace... Predators don't exactly have a wide arsenal of weapons like us humans do.

The reason the smart disc is the minigun replacement... is mainly because I wanted to use a different startup sound for it... and since the minigun has a seperate startup sound to the barrett and law.. it made sense to use it... and also using the disc image as the bullet chain was a stroke of genius to make it look as if it disappears from your side after being thrown/launched.

Meanie :)

Offline 1221995

• Soldier
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2007, 05:06:41 pm »
Nice mod... looks fun...

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2007, 05:23:38 pm »
Well, while I'll admit that you adhered to the Predator theme pretty well, I still don't think this would be the greatest for online play. (For example, having 2 pairs of almost identical weapons could get confusing)
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline Henito Kisou

• Flagrunner
  • Cursed Mind
    • Me on deviantART
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2007, 06:42:28 pm »
But this mod is dedicated to single player, look at some mods, what make them different: multi and single version? Well... gosteks (colorful models instead of grayscale), weaponset (like rocket launcher at 4 Steyr AUG slot), weapons.ini, interface (special bars for special sp mode but totally useless in multi like fear/panic meter, at start empty-all black, after some shock, you get into histery and bar amount become red/white) etc, as example ReSoldat is single player mod, this mod too. Also sp maps, sometimes hardly integrated with mod.

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2007, 06:52:05 pm »
Yeah, this is more intended as a single player mod...

The marine mod (when finished, I still have another mod I'm releasing shortly, first) will be both multi and single player compatible. And nice.... and have maps. :P (probably)

Offline xxxBADBOYSxxx

• Major(1)
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2009, 09:33:18 am »
Sorry I would like to download it, but link doesnt work. can you send me it into this mail? matrix312@o2.pl PLEASE!!!!! :'(

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2010, 10:29:12 pm »
Sorry I would like to download it, but link doesnt work. can you send me it into this mail? matrix312@o2.pl PLEASE!!!!! :'(

Here, I quickly shoved it on a filehost for you.. http://www.filefactory.com/file/a2ebhec/n/PredatorModv1.1_Mangled.zip

Somewhere on those pages there's the download link amongs the spammy adverts.