Author Topic: Curt's Soccer  (Read 2111 times)

Offline DorkeyDear

• Veteran
  • I also go by Curt or menturi
Curt's Soccer
« on: October 24, 2007, 02:57:44 pm »
Curt's Soccer

IP: 213.180.84.137
Port: 24100
Quick link: soldat://213.180.84.137:24100

Gamemode: 3 (Capture the Flag)
Player limit: 10
Time limit: 10 minutes
Disabled weapons: All weapons
Weapons mod: Soccer Mod v1.02
Scripts:
- Curt's Soccer v0.53 BETA
- Curt's !nextmap Voting

Map rotation:
Quote from: mapslist.txt
s_Pipe
s_Buckets
Lagrange
ctf_Dropdown2

There are two teams, alpha and bravo. Everybody is forced to have a flamer. There is a medkit placed nearly in the center of the map. The goal is to push the medkit with your flamer into the goal! Every two minutes, a grenade pack is placed randomly upon the map. Grenades are used to push your opponents away from the medkit in order to get a better grasp on controlling the ball and putting it into the goal.

I need ideas guys! The whole point of me posting this server up so early in development is because I knew that the gamemode is pretty boring after you play a few maps, and am needing ideas to make the gamemode improved to make it more exciting and fun! Its up to you guys to better the script through unique and fun ideas.

Maps and/or map data is needed! If you wish to help out by either creating a map, or by creating map data for the goals and spawns, then here is the style of the map data:

Quote from: MAPNAME.ini
[default]
Spawn_X=_      Medkit X spawn coordinate
Spawn_Y=_      Medkit Y spawn coordinate
Hide_X=_         X coordinate to hide extra map material and stuff (inaccessible by placers)
Hide_Y=_         Y coordinate to hide extra map material and stuff (inaccessible by players)

T1_Groups=2      Number of groups for alpha
T1G1_Checks=2      Number of checks for alpha, group 1
T1G1C1_Type=      The type of check; all types listed latter
T1G1C1_Location=   Some types require this, it depends on the typ
T1G1C2_Type=
T1G1C2_Location=
T1G2_Checks=2      Number of checks for alpha, group 2
T1G2C1_Type=
T1G2C1_Location=
T1G2C2_Type=
T1G2C2_Location=

T1_Groups=2      Number of groups for bravo
T1G1_Checks=2      Number of checks for bravo, group 1
T1G1C1_Type=
T1G1C1_Location=
T1G1C2_Type=
T1G1C2_Location=
T1G2_Checks=2      Number of checks for bravo, group 2
T1G2C1_Type=
T1G2C1_Location=
T1G2C2_Type=
T1G2C2_Location=

Lines=3
L1_Chance=5      Chance of this line being chosen to spawn a grenade
L1P1_X=         X coordinate of the first point of the first line
L1P1_Y=         Y coordinate of the first point of the first line
L1P2_X=         X coordinate of the second point of the first line
L1P2_Y=         Y coordinate of the second point of the first line
L2_Chance=1
L2P1_X=         X coordinate of the first point of the second line
L2P1_Y=         Y coordinate of the first point of the second line
L2P2_X=         X coordinate of the second point of the second line
L2P2_Y=         Y coordinate of the second point of the second line
L3_Chance=2
L3P1_X=
L3P1_Y=
L3P2_X=
L3P2_Y=
L4_Chance=2
L4P1_X=
L4P1_Y=
L4P2_X=
L4P2_Y=
L5_Chance=1
L5P1_X=
L5P1_Y=
L5P2_X=
L5P2_Y=

There are two points, one for the medkit to spawn at, the other to hide uneeded material off the gameplay field, being SpawnX/SpawnY and HideX/HideY

Obviously, there are two teams. Each team has Groups, which are each goal in a map for that team. Checks are the "ands" in each group. All checks within a group must be true in order for the group to be true. If the ball is within any of the groups, there is a goal for that team.

There are "lines" in each map... these lines are used to randomly place grenades across the map. You input the chance that the line will be chosen, and both points the line's endpoints end at. Chance may be a little different than you would think. Chance is any non-negative integer. Chance basically is a number, divided by the total "chances" added together, which then returns a percent (as a number out of 1) and that is basically the percentage chance of that line being chosen to have a nade be placed randomly across it. If you set all the chances to 1, or 50; it wouldn't matter, there will be an equal chance for each line to be chosen. Lines for now are only used to places grenades randomly across the map, although may be used for other purposes in the future.

By default, the script runs "default" under the map's ini file. If there are others, an admin must load the set of data.

List of types of checks:
above|Above this horizontal line|Location= line position
under|Below this horizontal line|Location= line position
right|To the left of this verticle line|Location= line position
left|To the right of this verticle line|Location= line position
distance|Within the distance of a point|X= X coordinate position; Y= Y coordinate position; Distance= distance from point
!distance|Outside the distance of a point (not within)|X= X coordinate position; Y= Y coordinate position; Distance= distance from point
equation|Not yet available, but is an idea xD|Equation= equation (Ex: y>=-30*x+200; x must be used as the variable; spaces won't effect; MUST be in format y=a*x+b; when multiplying, must use "*"; (Ex: "y>3x+3" won't work; y>3+3*x won't work")
Ellipse; can some1 help me figure out how to rotate it?
The equation is (x-h)^2/a2+(y-k)^2/b2=1
Just replace X and Y if thats all you need to do :P
I might add a thing to make it so you can detect if a player is within or outside the area of an ellipse that can be rotated... sounds complicated, i might exclude the rotate part :P
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 07:10:19 pm by DorkeyDear »

Offline spkka

• Camper
Re: Curt's Soccer
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 05:10:58 pm »
hahah kinda funny idea, i liked it. Could be cool when its 5 vs 5 !
how did you get the flamer not that buggy?

Offline DorkeyDear

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2007, 05:14:10 pm »
hahah kinda funny idea, i liked it. Could be cool when its 5 vs 5 !
how did you get the flamer not that buggy?
Never had issues with flamer being buggy.. :P

I will probably be updating the server often within the next week so.. im not even gonna bother posting "update in script" or anything.. they are probably small things anyways

Any1 who can make custom maps (that are fairly fine) who wants to make a map for me, go ahead.. just know that I may need to modify it slightly before I put it on the server.. I'll try to let you know
Also if any1 wants to do some of the map data for maps, just let me know.. ill tell you the format of the .ini file... ill probably eventually post it here..

Offline BombSki

• Flagrunner
    • Climbing-soldiers.net
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2007, 07:05:33 am »
nice script. some things:
teams shouldnt be able to get the flag and score.. remove the flags or kill them onflaggrab, or set them in yellow/green teams
nade boxes shouldnt spawn when the server is empty (i just joined the empty server and there were like 20 nadeboxes)
its kinda hard to aim the medkit, its pretty random actually.. thats the biggest problem i think. the idea is very nice though

Offline DorkeyDear

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2007, 02:39:59 pm »
nice script. some things:
teams shouldnt be able to get the flag and score.. remove the flags or kill them onflaggrab, or set them in yellow/green teams
nade boxes shouldnt spawn when the server is empty (i just joined the empty server and there were like 20 nadeboxes)
its kinda hard to aim the medkit, its pretty random actually.. thats the biggest problem i think. the idea is very nice though
Yes, the flag capturing thing I was going to take care of .. atm, flags give teams no points .. so its pointless to cap :) .. already tried moving flag spawn (can't move the flag itself) and i don't think it updates on the client's side tho..
20 nade boxes?! hm.. Should be at most 4, sense it should spawn once every 2 minute.. and there is ~6/254 chance that the nade, after picked up, will spawn at a player spawn point..
*wishes I could make it so boxes update as fast as humans update*
Thx for input :)

I need ideas guys. I know it is boring, which is the whole point of me putting this here... I need ideas to make this more exciting and fun. Even if it is just a once-in-a-while type of gamemode.. just grab yourself and a few buddies and play every now and then, that way you don't get really bored of it and never play again :P

Offline BombSki

• Flagrunner
    • Climbing-soldiers.net
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2007, 02:42:15 pm »
well. im not sure.. but there were quite some nadeboxes. id definately say more than 4 but you make me doubt.
and u should remove the !ball command for abuse ;/
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 02:55:48 pm by BombSki »

Offline Laser Guy

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2007, 03:02:35 pm »
hehehe, I played it a bit and it was kinda fun
Text goes here...

Offline Spacewing

• Soldier
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2007, 03:04:05 pm »
Yeh, 3 vs 1 and it still took a very long time for you to score on me ;P

And remove the !ball command, you can just do it when someone is about to score, and the ball will respawn in the middle
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 03:07:34 pm by Spacewing »

Offline DorkeyDear

• Veteran
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2007, 03:23:59 pm »
Yeh, 3 vs 1 and it still took a very long time for you to score on me ;P

And remove the !ball command, you can just do it when someone is about to score, and the ball will respawn in the middle
Already fixed. The script will probably be uploaded latter today.

I released the map data format for those who want to do that.

Offline Spacewing

• Soldier
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2007, 03:27:10 pm »
Ok, thats nice

Offline 1221995

• Soldier
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2007, 03:52:57 pm »
hey curt,
i went on this server a while ago, i wasnt sure wether it was urs or not. i like it.