Author Topic: team colour  (Read 3368 times)

Offline valion

• Soldier
  • you may run, you may hide. but still he comes
team colour
« on: October 30, 2007, 03:58:52 am »
Hi,
this idea is pretty simple and is probably easy too implement.
basically, I'm tired of going into team games where everyone is wearing bright, give away, colours.
i know there is clan match but then everyone becomes identical which kind of ruins the point of being able to design your soldat.
simple idea is that instead of everyone is now wearing bright colours simple have an indicating symbol over friendly players, you already have one to show your own soldat so why not a team one? this way people aren't givenaway by wearing bright red and you can still tell who's on your team
Your signature is too big, please read the rules. Keep it under 4 lines of text.

Offline Invidious

• Major(1)
Re: team colour
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 05:00:55 am »
Names are already shown above team member's aren't they?

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 07:54:46 am »
Only when they're off-screen, or you highlight them. Having the names constantly be displayed would crowd the screen.
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)
And we still don't know if dead guys can keep a stiffy.

Offline ~R~Radio

• Major(1)
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2007, 08:15:13 am »
What if allies had like a small green inverted triangle, like the player indicator, but smaller, to show friendlies?
Soldat name: A Viking_

Offline gedazz

• Camper
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2007, 08:42:08 am »
Hmm, what if teammates would be outlined in a colour of your choice? Also you would be able to enable or disable this feature.
Like this only much smoother:

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2007, 09:48:17 am »
^^Not bad!

I was thinking of something else, or at least something that could be added also:
How about if people were able to set the colours of each team themselfs? Like changing alpha to purple instead of red? every other player would still see alpha as red(or whatever they set it to themselfs).
I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline Decaying Soldat

• Camper
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2007, 10:09:16 am »
I would rather have the teamate indicator than the outline. The outline makes the soldat too glowy. Glowing soldiers just ain't right.

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2007, 05:54:40 pm »
You could just choose not to turn it on..
I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline -Vis-

• Flagrunner
  • Zarch
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2007, 06:10:26 pm »
You could just choose not to turn it on..

Great, so he doesn't turn it on, and he's left with his original problem. Can't we think of something new to suggest?

Offline Biscuiteer

• Camper
  • Need a Biscuit?
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2007, 06:52:09 pm »
Maybe player name indicators are always displayed for team members, but is a little more transparent as usual? An option to change the color and transparency in the Config program would also be nice.
Un ~ Biscuiteer

Offline gedazz

• Camper
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2007, 06:09:47 am »
Having the names constantly be displayed would crowd the screen.
Not only that but it also would be annoying.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 06:11:36 am by gedazz »

Offline Decaying Soldat

• Camper
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2007, 07:39:49 am »
So a small arrow would do. Just like the player indicator.

Offline valion

• Soldier
  • you may run, you may hide. but still he comes
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2007, 08:57:15 am »
i didnt actual say haveing a name appear over the player, just a little symbol or triangle or something.
I'm shocked this topic hasn't been spammed like any others I make. wow

I'm glad to see people agree with this i hope to see it in the next version of soldat
Your signature is too big, please read the rules. Keep it under 4 lines of text.

Offline Psycho

• Flagrunner
  • Decomposing
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2007, 02:06:01 pm »
there's already enough noobs who joins ctf and start shooting their own teammates, because its not clear to them that they are on teams.

I dont think that many people are given away by the colors. In that case it must be bush campers, and I do not want anymore of those.

Looking down from ethereal skies

Offline Xaero

• Soldier
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2007, 02:47:40 pm »
I like it the way it is.. Why do you want markers instead of colors?
A color picker for each team would be cool tough.

Offline -Vis-

• Flagrunner
  • Zarch
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2007, 05:03:46 pm »
I like the idea of selecting a colour for each team. At first I thought it wouldn't be fair to campers, as people would just make enemies really easy to see. Obviously, people can already edit gosteks do that if they want, so it's not really a problem.

Offline Xaero

• Soldier
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2007, 07:56:11 am »
I like the idea of selecting a colour for each team. At first I thought it wouldn't be fair to campers, as people would just make enemies really easy to see. Obviously, people can already edit gosteks do that if they want, so it's not really a problem.
What you said at first, isn't really true.
If they hide behind scenery they are always hard to see.

Offline Dro

• Major(1)
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2007, 11:45:32 am »
It's only the shirt which is coloured. It doesn't ruin your whole outfit if you are wearing red/blue/yellow/green shirt. If your teamplayers aren't wearing anything like that you will probably shoot everyone who comes to you.
F11
History is our future.

Offline -Vis-

• Flagrunner
  • Zarch
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2007, 11:49:29 am »

I meant sceneries (of which there are quite a number) that don't completely hide you. People such as SDFilm use camoflage colours to help hide them. Doesn't matter though, since editing gosteks is a more effective way to see campers anyway.

Offline Xaero

• Soldier
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2007, 01:15:50 pm »

I meant sceneries (of which there are quite a number) that don't completely hide you. People such as SDFilm use camoflage colours to help hide them. Doesn't matter though, since editing gosteks is a more effective way to see campers anyway.

Yeah you're right. Misunderstood a bit :)