Author Topic: fatboy2 CF and ZM [closed]  (Read 3705 times)

Offline danmer

• Camper
  • crabhead
fatboy2 CF and ZM [closed]
« on: November 03, 2007, 01:17:48 pm »
Okay, we're currenty running two servers, so i'll just post about both in the same thread.

Both servers are located in Finland (Europe lol) and are using our home DSL. According to the ISP it is 10/10 Mbps, but speedtest.net shows lower values (it's still decent imo)

fatboy2 [chinasaw]
This one has a fairly basic weapons mod, but it kinda creates a subtype of DM. The only available weapons are chainsaw and a barrett. The sniper rifle is only slightly modified, but the chainsaw makes you fly forward when you use it (pretty much like in Avarax's hoverrace if you remember it).

GameType: DM
MaxPlayers: 6
Maps: default soldat DM maps that have some open space to fly
Address: soldat://lemonserv.com:23073
Forum: http://www.lemonserv.com/fatboy2/viewforum.php?f=8

fatboy2 [ZS]
This one runs an RPG mod for zombie mod. It's kinda similar to hexer, except that it's different :P Well can't say anything except that it's close to oldschool diablo-style massacre :P

GameType: CTF
MaxPlayers: 6
Maps: mostly zombie maps (there's a list on the forum if you want it)
Address: soldat://lemonserv.com:23071
Forum: http://www.lemonserv.com/fatboy2/viewforum.php?f=9
Modified weapons: barrett and ruger are initially disabled, but get enabled when you loot them from a bot (until you quit the game).
The script itself is free for download, but it's not any professional code, so it's up to you if you want to run it somewhere ::)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 04:23:32 am by danmer »

Offline Sunshine

• Major(1)
Re: fatboy2 CF and ZM
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 02:02:41 pm »
first! i gotta say that hexer sucks... this mod owns hexer and gojmod

chinasaw pwns too

Offline Arbiter

• Camper
  • You shot me, fool!
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 07:09:09 am »
first! i gotta say that hexer sucks... this mod is owned by hexer and gojmod

God, this is probably the dumbest thing i've ever seen. Fallen Angels are zombies? Burning dead can magically kill you with some statgun bullet just by looking at you? It doesn't even use a saw. This isn't even zombies. 50% mana loss? Getting teleported around for no reason?

Yeah, this needed some effort for the script. But this is just.. like hexer. The lower levels are too handicapped. It's freaking impossible cause you'll just get a bunch of higher levelled teammates building stat guns all over the place, happily stealing your kills.

"Why beat kids when you can beat women?" - Espadon
"markin marknousky wont kno what hit him!" - Some loser.
[/i]

Offline danmer

• Camper
  • crabhead
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2007, 01:44:29 am »
God, this is probably the dumbest thing i've ever seen. Fallen Angels are zombies? Burning dead can magically kill you with some statgun bullet just by looking at you? It doesn't even use a saw. This isn't even zombies.
Who said all bots have to be melee? If all the bots would have chainsaw you could just camp with an auto somewhere and keep on getting kills. Fun...

50% mana loss?
What do you suggest?

Getting teleported around for no reason?
If you mean vortex, then say so. It's made for taking out campers and bringing some action to the game ;P Also the total number of the players playing has to be at least 40 for it to even spawn.

Yeah, this needed some effort for the script. But this is just.. like hexer. The lower levels are too handicapped. It's freaking impossible cause you'll just get a bunch of higher levelled teammates building stat guns all over the place, happily stealing your kills.
Like in almost any other RPG? But it still depends on time, for example right now there are 4 players and their total level is roughly 20.
Also i only have one server running atm. The mod still needs a lot of balancing, especially skill balance seems quite awkward atm

this mod is owned by hexer and gojmod
Taking into account the audience, the time spent making and testing it and the experience of the coders, yes, those are probably still better then ZM.
And without any players and/or enough feedback it will never get better ::)

Offline Sunshine

• Major(1)
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2007, 03:10:38 pm »
with 6 players only it will be pain in the a$$ if there are more players.. no more space for me :(

Offline danmer

• Camper
  • crabhead
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2007, 05:36:22 am »
with 6 players only it will be pain in the a$$ if there are more players.. no more space for me :(
There is also another server running now: soldat://88.191.25.12:23077
Accounts are separate for the two servers.

Offline Sunshine

• Major(1)
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2007, 01:57:30 pm »
yep, if you want to start into zm, get to the new server with other low lvl guys

Offline haha

• Camper
  • soldier=soldat=game
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2007, 05:25:44 am »
yea again, any other people hosting this from aus?
Image removed, please read the forum rules.

Offline Dizzy So 1337

• Soldier
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2008, 02:39:40 am »
Dunno bout any Aus hosters.  But the Beta script is available in full at fatboy, in case people want to host it themselves (which is nice, as opposed to the closely-guarded Hexer script).

I for one give this thing 5 *****.  It's a really amazing combination of Zombies and Hexer and even though its CTF, it has an awful lot of INF style to it (several of the maps are INF actually), yeah it's a little buggy here and there but nothing that will kill your Soldat buzz.

The main thing that I love about ZM is this:
The difficulty scales very nicely to the xp level of your group.  Go in as a bunch of level 1's and you will face Boogie Men and an occasional Zombie.  Fairly easy stuff, that you might expect in any ho-hum Zombie server.  But go in with a bunch of level 15's and expect to get raped by Vortexes, Burning Dead and Mummies, Kamikazes and Fallen Angels!  The difficulty scaling is really the star of ZM in my opinion, at low levels the Undead spawn at predictable points and at higher levels they start spawning in all sorts of places.... scary!

Anyways... I love this mod, I can't stop playing it.  If someone were to combine this with Trenchwars maps and make it so you had to buy weapons like in Toumaz's CS... well, I probably shouldn't even suggest that.  If such a thing were to happen I imagine that my Soldat orgasm would take out half of North America.
xfire - todhostetler
"There's nothing I wouldn't do to win. But I never hurt anyone except to stick a dogskull on a stake."

Offline Horve

• Flagrunner
  • Vig
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2008, 04:12:33 pm »
the best. Rock on danmer, I'll probably make another map for your server (inf_cleaver was inspired by and for the zm server)

Offline danmer

• Camper
  • crabhead
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2008, 01:49:51 pm »
because of connection problems the servers will be either impossible to play on, or lag like hell for idk how long. Sorry, but i can't do anything about this unless i get enough spare money (which is very unlikely to happen ;) )
Thanks to everybody for participating in "testing"!