Author Topic: 9999 ping bug  (Read 651 times)

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
9999 ping bug
« on: November 06, 2007, 02:34:34 am »
now this bug has occured again. and I dont know what to do, I dont want to sit in the regedit without knowing if there is any better way in fixing this bug. also this bug is as far as I can see unsolved atleast not a public fix of it. please take your time and answer this.

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
Re: 9999 ping bug
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 02:39:54 am »
Its not a problem with Soldat, its

a) Your ISP/Router/Modem/Firewall is blocking the ping packet that gets sent to servers.
b) You haven't forwarded your server ports properly.

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
Re: 9999 ping bug
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2007, 02:43:29 am »
most likly not. as the main admin does no changes in the network before or after the work-time. which is 8:45 to 17:00 (something). why this occures I do not know but what I did notice was that soldat was running a lot slower when this bug occured (only tried the join game menu). but I will check with other computers.

My guess is that windows's port .dll files is damaged and therefor blocking the ping the be retreaved (as the 9999 ping is set before that time has asses I suspect it is set intead of the ping: ?). I will now check this and try to findout which .dlls are port files.

ok what I now know is that my computer doesnt allow any UDP packets from any game. so the problem probably lay there.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 02:23:07 am by -Major- »