Author Topic: gun worse than any other gun.  (Read 23423 times)

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
gun worse than any other gun.
« on: November 06, 2007, 02:09:40 pm »
There is one gun that is an awful choice for any situation, a gun that needs a boost, badly.

The MP5 is so sucktastic, that you are actually better off using a ruger than the mp5 in short-range.

I was playing a deathmatch, using a ruger and killed the guy with the mp5, then later he killed me with a ruger while I was using the mp5, both times we each had full health and no nades were used.

Almost any weapon would be better than the mp5 at close range, where the mp5 is supposed to excel.

A damage boost would be the easiest/best way to balance the weapon, it just does not have the damage to be a viable choice.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline SDFilm

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
Re: gun worse than any other gun.
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 02:16:52 pm »
Ya, the MP5 has some tough competition, especially from the buffed Spas.

The Chainsaw: It's fun to do some crazy charges and maybe getting a few kills with quick moves, but the knife outclasses it in the more 'pro' games.

Burning scarfs since 1988

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2007, 02:59:07 pm »
XM-214: It's still annoying, it's still innaccurate, and it's still damned unwieldly. But it's still pretty damned funny when used right. I.E.: Point-blank riddling.
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)
And we still don't know if dead guys can keep a stiffy.

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2007, 03:09:41 pm »
What the hell are you talking about?
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline amb2010

• Camper
  • Fear the dot ...
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2007, 03:12:28 pm »
He is talking about the minigun(XM-214 is the technical name) I agree also...it is useless...now most people just use it to annoy people with spray and FPS drop/lag.
And as the lyrics go in the United State's national anthem: "America, f**k YEAH!".

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2007, 03:20:48 pm »
He is talking about the minigun(XM-214 is the technical name) I agree also...it is useless...now most people just use it to annoy people with spray and FPS drop/lag.
no, I mean what... oh nevermind

The topic is about the mp5 and how shitty it is.

Offline darkangel

• Soldier
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2007, 03:59:06 pm »
mp5 need more damage and more acuraty in close range
redemption for the redemtion...cause I'I'ma Fallen Angel.
do u have what it take to be a fallen angel??

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2007, 04:04:48 pm »
With a thread name like "gun worse than any other gun.", the subject could be somewhat open.
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2007, 04:07:13 pm »
well if you read more then just the name you would know what the thread was about.

Offline wolfofman

• Major(1)
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2007, 05:51:01 pm »
Yes the mp5 could do with a buff, and the mini gun is just hopeless.

Right now the mp5 has no spot, close range spas or ruger, mid range steyr ruger, long range barrett ruger.

Offline JonWood007

• Camper
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2007, 07:21:55 pm »
Mp5 pwns as it is. XM214 needs to have less startup time. Trust me, the damage is enough.

Offline ryuku ninja

• Major
  • One.Crazy.Asshole
    • Clan -SiK- Forums
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2007, 08:56:31 pm »
I think the mp5 is a excellent weapon if in the right hands, it just takes far more patience to become good with and better moveacc skills.....
InGame Nick --SiK-One Shot

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2007, 09:13:03 pm »
I think the mp5 is a excellent weapon if in the right hands, it just takes far more patience to become good with and better moveacc skills.....
yeah.... except when you stand still and unload on a guy with a ruger he still kills you.

Offline ElGato

• Camper
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2007, 09:19:38 pm »
yeah.... except when you stand still[/u] and unload on a guy with a ruger he still kills you.

[fist] Black Powa

Offline wolfofman

• Major(1)
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2007, 09:21:14 pm »
he is just making the point that a long range gun out damages a close range gun at close range.

Offline ElGato

• Camper
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2007, 09:27:57 pm »
he is just making the point that a long range gun out damages a close range gun at close range.

M79 out damages the ruger.
[fist] Black Powa

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2007, 09:50:33 pm »

... if it can hit them.

The point is that a short range gun sucks balls even in its own element. we both stood still removing everything but the damage on each gun, and the mp5 lost, twice.

Offline Veritas

• Camper
  • Waco
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2007, 10:57:48 pm »
in its own element.
we both stood still
How about you try, you know, moving around then?

You know, like how you would do in a regular game of Soldat?

What happens when you both stand still and unload on each other means absolutely nothing in terms of weapon balance, because that is not how the game is played.
DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHED

Offline ElGato

• Camper
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2007, 12:12:33 am »

... if it can hit them.

The point is that a short range gun sucks balls even in its own element. we both stood still removing everything but the damage on each gun, and the mp5 lost, twice.

Think hard about what I said in both my posts, what I quoted in the first one and then again what you said in response. I shouldn't have to explain it.
[fist] Black Powa

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2007, 12:20:32 pm »
It might be that I've done most of my playing on realistic servers, but I've never had a problem going up against a rugerer/rugertard with an MP5. Though, I'm a barrettard and rugertard myself, so I can predict the shot from both pretty well. Take that for what you will.

Still...in a straight duel, MP5 does feel a bit nerfed.