Author Topic: gun worse than any other gun.  (Read 23421 times)

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
Re: gun worse than any other gun.
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2007, 11:51:06 am »
The shotty doesn't have the supressive ability of the MP5, making it a not so effective when mobbed. That's one of the MP5's perks.
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)
And we still don't know if dead guys can keep a stiffy.

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2007, 11:55:14 am »
true but the lack of range makes it hard to actually do supressive fire, + the bullets deals minimum dmg after like what, 10m 12m?
Always remember the succubus...

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2007, 12:01:08 pm »
Which is why you get close. Plus, if you're shooting down an incline, it doesn't matter quite as much. Shooting downhill and in chokepoints are good ways to maximize damage.
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)
And we still don't know if dead guys can keep a stiffy.

Offline Ziem

• Veteran
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2007, 12:20:19 pm »
... Mp5 was a bit overpowered in 131 ...
Now it's balanced.

Offline TiReD

• Soldier
« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2007, 02:01:39 pm »
If youre gonna use mp5, you have to know and accept the fact that almost everyone is gonna have more range than you... then what can you do?.

Move fast to the enemy(aiming at the neck since mp5 has a straight bullet, then one a little higher and another a little lower than the mid one.), try to throw nades at the legs while moving forward, and always trying to be outspeed the others.

You WONT be the killer of the your team(you can, though.), but if you know your role, youre probably gonna be the guy who steals most flags.

in resume, the mp5 is kind of fine, but could use a power boost(and/or nerf the steyr reload speed, since it would help the mp5.)
iwishicouldhateyoutodeath
[/color]

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2007, 03:38:03 pm »
Which is why you get close. Plus, if you're shooting down an incline, it doesn't matter quite as much. Shooting downhill and in chokepoints are good ways to maximize damage.

which is hard because they can kill you before you get close enough.

Date Posted: November 09, 2007, 03:37:08 pm
I dont use mp5, I couldnt care less about it.

Offline Thyr

• Major(1)
  • {I-Ln} + Modder
« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2007, 03:52:58 pm »
If youre gonna use mp5, you have to know and accept the fact that almost everyone is gonna have more range than you... then what can you do?.

Move fast to the enemy(aiming at the neck since mp5 has a straight bullet, then one a little higher and another a little lower than the mid one.), try to throw nades at the legs while moving forward, and always trying to be outspeed the others.

You WONT be the killer of the your team(you can, though.), but if you know your role, youre probably gonna be the guy who steals most flags.

in resume, the mp5 is kind of fine, but could use a power boost(and/or nerf the steyr reload speed, since it would help the mp5.)

This is indeed true, I used to play MP5 all the time, and although I wasn't always the top-killer, I did score a freakload of caps usually...its quite a handy gun for a flagcarrier. Still, there are other weapons that are a bit more suited for flaggers (Spas for example has the increased advantage of self-boost), I really think it should become a slight bit stronger. (I switched to Steyr nowadays :P )

Offline Squakingcow

• Major
  • pluck
« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2007, 04:20:31 pm »
... Mp5 was a bit overpowered in 131 ...
Now it's balanced.

I agree.
Quite often when I go low in laos I use the MP5, and generally speaking I don't find it underpowered against the likes of ruger/spas (if applying the right tactics).

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2007, 04:27:49 pm »
The shotty doesn't have the supressive ability of the MP5, making it a not so effective when mobbed. That's one of the MP5's perks.
what suppressive ability? the spas pushes people more.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline ElGato

• Camper
« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2007, 07:29:50 pm »
Short range gun means its a better gun when is used at short ranget doenst mean that the bullets disappears after few meters. Dont take everything so literally. If you get what I meant, fine thats great, but don't argue about the wording.

Hmm... if short ranged means a gun that is more effective the shorter the range... than the spas is the shortest range gun?

speed buff is out of question, man mp5 is a close range gun.. I dont wanna see another spas...supposedly shortranged but midranged gun.

still I would like to see a ruger nerf. + I dont like how sna balanced it... no bink... ruger still kills too fast.

I don't get it... I am arguing about the wording because it makes a difference in what you are saying.
[fist] Black Powa

Offline Supernaut

• Major
« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2007, 06:35:44 am »
Laying down while in air makes mp deadly accurate. Strange, but useful.

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2007, 10:12:45 am »
Short range gun means its a better gun when is used at short ranget doenst mean that the bullets disappears after few meters. Dont take everything so literally. If you get what I meant, fine thats great, but don't argue about the wording.

Hmm... if short ranged means a gun that is more effective the shorter the range... than the spas is the shortest range gun?
That would be every gun, except maybe the m79, since you get damage from being so close.
Short range is guns only work effectively when they are close, as opposed to the barrett, which you can use from very far away while still being effective.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2007, 11:10:16 am »

speed buff is out of question, man mp5 is a close range gun.. I dont wanna see another spas...supposedly shortranged but midranged gun.

still I would like to see a ruger nerf. + I dont like how sna balanced it... no bink... ruger still kills too fast.

I don't get it... I am arguing about the wording because it makes a difference in what you are saying.

spas is supposed to be a shortranged gun, now is more of a mid ranged.
I dunno what you are askin bout the 2nd one.

Date Posted: November 10, 2007, 11:08:50 am
Laying down while in air makes mp deadly accurate. Strange, but useful.

I tried a couple of times, strangely it didn't makes much of a difference. (I cant feel the difference)

Offline TiReD

• Soldier
« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2007, 12:24:11 pm »
I tried a couple of times, strangely it didn't makes much of a difference. (I cant feel the difference)
Try it on viet, going downhill and shooting a defense that is trying to keep the height, most of your bullets will hit him.
iwishicouldhateyoutodeath
[/color]

7th_account

« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2007, 08:35:48 pm »
The weapons aren't supposed to be realistic. They don't need to carry anything more than half-vague characteristics of their real-life counterpart so people can identify them.

If you do the superman move in the direction you're firing at, the bullets will have a muzzle velocity of ~250 units, giving them less time to sway of course.

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2007, 09:41:45 am »
The weapons aren't supposed to be realistic. They don't need to carry anything more than half-vague characteristics of their real-life counterpart so people can identify them.

But to some extent, all weapons are based on their real life counterparts.

Offline Antman 537

• Major(1)
« Reply #56 on: November 11, 2007, 09:47:00 am »
personally, I use the MP5 as my primary weapon of choice  :P it shoots pretty fast, has decent accuracy, and reloads in a timely fashion.

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #57 on: November 11, 2007, 09:50:20 am »
personally, I use the MP5 as my primary weapon of choice  :P it shoots pretty fast, has decent accuracy, and reloads in a timely fashion.

would you stand a chance against a rushing spas?

Offline Antman 537

• Major(1)
« Reply #58 on: November 11, 2007, 09:55:43 am »
yes; the spas fires slow enough, if the first shot misses or isn't fatal I can usually mow him down before he gets a seccond one.

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #59 on: November 11, 2007, 10:07:07 am »
yeah lol I guns would be pretty much screwed if the guy has good aim(spaser)