Author Topic: Copying polygon properties to another poly  (Read 642 times)

Offline Dizzy So 1337

• Soldier
Copying polygon properties to another poly
« on: November 06, 2007, 07:38:15 pm »
New to polyworks.

I have some polygons that i colored badly in my fumblings.  What I want to do is copy the color properties of my 'good' polys to my 'bad polys'.  So far I am finding Color Picker tool to be fairly unintuitive.

That's my basic problem sitting in front of me.  If someone would care to further explain how to copy each of a polygon's properties to another poly (texture, lighting, color, properties?) that would be super-swell and give much good karma I am certain.
xfire - todhostetler
"There's nothing I wouldn't do to win. But I never hurt anyone except to stick a dogskull on a stake."

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
Re: Copying polygon properties to another poly
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 03:59:52 am »
Just Ctrl+v to copy & paste the polygon(s) selected.
Use the palette to select the color and then color the polys.

I don't understand why you have problems with this. Read the PW tutorial for more information...

Offline Dizzy So 1337

• Soldier
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 01:58:51 pm »
You haven't answered my question but thanks for trying.

You've told me how to copy a poly and how to color a poly.  I'd like to know how to copy a poly's color to another poly.
xfire - todhostetler
"There's nothing I wouldn't do to win. But I never hurt anyone except to stick a dogskull on a stake."

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007, 02:16:37 pm »
Oh, well, just use color picker tool and select the vertice of the polygon that you want to copy the color.

Offline Dizzy So 1337

• Soldier
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2007, 02:35:15 pm »
Ah, thanks.  Apparently I hadn't realized to a) select the poly first, and b) click on a vertice (i was trying to click in the middle of the poly).
« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 02:36:56 pm by Dizzy So 1337 »
xfire - todhostetler