Author Topic: Scrims  (Read 2180 times)

Offline coolds47

• Major(1)
Scrims
« on: November 08, 2007, 10:01:01 pm »
Yeah i been playing soldat for quite a while now and back then we used to use the term "clan war" alot.
 We also used to use the word scrim when it was like a practice clanwar.

But now over the years, were starting to use the word scrim alot, meaning clan war. And it turns out the word clan war is rarely used.

For some people its not a big deal, (not a big deal for me either) but i just wanted to see what people were old egnough like me to notice this difference, or if you noticed it at all.
What does scrim mean for you?
And what does clan war means to you?
  I just want your opinion = )
I hate when a guy say talk is cheap..haha
cuz im the guy that lets bullets talk for me.

Offline Whitehouse

• Major(1)
  • Flag Protector
Re: Scrims
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 10:24:45 pm »
Thats funny because most people in the r\s community still use the terms scrim and clan war which of course mean to completely differerent things

A scrim is just like u said, its a practice between two clans much like a scrimage or a post season game in real life sports.

A clanwar or CW is more like an official match, it is meant to determine the better clan and is the only thing that most take seriously

ie: if a noob clan beats a leet clan in a scrim it doesnt matter but if a noob clan beats a leet clan in a clanwar is means something and imo the leet clan should be punished

Offline Envy

• Major(1)
    • Myth - NA Soldat Clan
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2007, 12:02:35 am »
"Scrim" "Cw" "Fcw" All mean the same to me, which is scrimming. When the actual SCTFL's or any other major leagues begin then "Cw" means a whole different meaning, it counts(match). Other then that, whatever comes out then let it be "Scrim" "Cw" or "Fcw" just for fun n' games.

Please Refrain From Editing. ;)

Offline xurich

• Flagrunner
    • SCTFL
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2007, 08:11:18 am »
It's always seemed to me that the term "scrim" is more prevalent in North America, while "clan war" seems more widespread in Europe. They are both virtually synonymous though. When discussing a league match, one will usually say something such as "SCTFL match" or "TNL clan war," so there is rarely ever any ambiguity over what is meant.

Offline mozzer

• Camper
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2007, 11:06:58 am »
Clan war is what nearly everyone uses on irc, well, from what i see

Offline DragonSlayer

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2007, 01:10:11 pm »
It's always seemed to me that the term "scrim" is more prevalent in North America, while "clan war" seems more widespread in Europe. They are both virtually synonymous though. When discussing a league match, one will usually say something such as "SCTFL match" or "TNL clan war," so there is rarely ever any ambiguity over what is meant.
Yeah, was going to post this. Scrim is a term popular in NA while almost everyone in Europe use clan war, or cw for short. As xurich said, they are essentially the same thing.

AE/DragonSlayer