Author Topic: [Bug] Re gaining health when going outside of the map  (Read 967 times)

Offline blackdevil0742

• Veteran
  • Don't Panic
[Bug] Re gaining health when going outside of the map
« on: November 09, 2007, 08:18:42 am »
I do not know If this has been mentioned before. I didn't do a search as I don't know what to search for without getting lots of crap in the results.

I was playing R/S and this guy had 3% health in our team. What he did was go out from the map and got re spawned with 100%. Later I discovered that more people used it. If this isn't allready fixed in the newest version do it please.

OBEY!!!

Offline Arbiter

• Camper
  • You shot me, fool!
Re: [Bug] Re gaining health when going outside of the map
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 08:40:36 am »
I do not know If this has been mentioned before. I didn't do a search as I don't know what to search for without getting lots of crap in the results.

I was playing R/S and this guy had 3% health in our team. What he did was go out from the map and got re spawned with 100%. Later I discovered that more people used it. If this isn't allready fixed in the newest version do it please.

There. If you reach the map's "boundaries", you'd just get respawned.

"Why beat kids when you can beat women?" - Espadon
"markin marknousky wont kno what hit him!" - Some loser.
[/i]

Offline Dro

• Major(1)
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2007, 09:26:46 am »
Best way fix this would probably be making maps where players can't get "out of bounds"
History is our future.

Offline Laser Guy

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2007, 09:31:34 am »

There. If you reach the map's "boundaries", you'd just get respawned.
He's not asking why, silly. He's asking to fix it...
Text goes here...

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2007, 09:34:38 am »
No! Never! In RSA you can clone primaries, it's very useful, if you got low health there are many maps where you can respawn and get life and grenades, so we shouldn't remove it =/

Offline Toumaz

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2007, 09:39:30 am »
No! Never! In RSA you can clone primaries, it's very useful, if you got low health there are many maps where you can respawn and get life and grenades, so we shouldn't remove it =/

In my opinion, cloning primary weapons like that is... well, exploiting a bug for your own winning. So in short, I'd like to see it fixed. In what way however -- having it reset the player's position to a spawn point or killing the player instantly?

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2007, 12:20:13 pm »
There should be scripts in R/S/A servers that detect that and compensate by killing the abuser.
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)
And we still don't know if dead guys can keep a stiffy.

Offline blackdevil0742

• Veteran
  • Don't Panic
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2007, 08:50:06 am »
I really want this to be fixed because it pisses me off. R/S/A players see it as legit though....but I am not happy. Instead of respawning kill them.

OBEY!!!

Offline BombSki

• Flagrunner
    • Climbing-soldiers.net
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2007, 08:55:27 am »
There should be scripts in R/S/A servers that detect that and compensate by killing the abuser.
http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=20339.0