Author Topic: Bot Groups  (Read 1252 times)

Offline 1221995

• Soldier
Bot Groups
« on: November 11, 2007, 04:20:50 pm »
What I was thinking was that bots would not only have a friend that they wouldnt attack, but they would have (possibly multiple) groups. This way you could team match sort of battle within a death match without changing the players colors, or you could just use it in normal matches however you wanted to to have more fun  ;)

Time for an example   8) (sorry it's a wierd example just the first thing that came into my head, the transformers movie lol)

Me and my friend are working on a bot pack rite now. Lets say we wanna make Decepticon and Auto bot (told u lol) AND, we want each bot to be a specific color. There are 4 bots on auto bot, and 4 on decepticon. "Friend" wouldnt work because it can only have 1 person. You would set the "team" parameter... to... say... "decep" for decepticon. For auto bot, you might use "auto". Since Auto bots dont attack humans (lol again) i could take all of the humans and make their teem... say... "hmn". I could also make it auto, but this is just an example lol. I would also make the auto bots on the team "hmn" so they wouldnt attack anyone on that team.

Basicly, you can label the bots with anything you want, and bots with the same label won't attack each other. This will be simpler than the "friend" parameter, and you will be able to make more than 2 people on a team. Also, bots could be on multiple teams.

Like i said, anyone with "decep" wouldnt attack anyone else with "decep". Anyone with "auto" wouldnt attack anyone else with auto. Same with Hmn. (hmn would only be used on certain people so the humans also attacked other humans lol).

P.S.
The labels would not be visible or in the name, much like the friend parameter.
If this is too hard, how about just multiple "friends"?
Please post ur feedback. Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 04:37:16 pm by 1221995 »

Offline ds dude

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • Lolicon Forever.
Re: Bot Groups
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2007, 04:27:21 pm »
This is why we have Ctf, bots can be in a group in ctf. Or Teammatch would be a proper choice. If you wanted death match, but with teams.

FYI, don't do the P.s.s, thats very annoying, and its the reason why you were banned and now called a spammerboy.
This signature was borked. Now it is not.

Offline 1221995

• Soldier
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2007, 04:36:10 pm »
Alright ill edit that lol :P Sry im in a hurry though... Oh, and why so harsh  :o ?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 08:31:48 pm by 1221995 »

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2007, 08:43:32 pm »
Lets all have a hand for ds dude, our newest forum nitpicker.

A: Who gives a feck.
B: Pot calling the kettle black.

Ontopic, this would basically be teammatch with friendly fire.
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline mxyzptlk

• Veteran
  • The Panda Ninja
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2007, 08:46:29 pm »
Well, I like the idea of multiple friending, as well as Player friending. Imagine having a bot on your side in a DM.

"While preceding your entrance with a grenade is a good tactic in
Quake, it can lead to problems if attempted at work." -- C Hacking

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2007, 08:50:48 pm »
Imagine having a bot on your side in a DM.

Join alpha. /addbot1 boogie man

And, technically, this is already possible even in DM. You just get one bot and make it friends with itself. That doesn't leave much room for transformer team names or what have you, but who cares who you're killing as long as they're doing what you want them to do, right?
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline 1221995

• Soldier
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2007, 09:32:21 pm »
mxyzptlk: Thank you :)
Lord Frunkamunch: I guess your kinda right about that ;p
I still Think that multi-friendiding (What?) would be better than single-friending (at least i spelled it right lol) because of the fact that if you didnt want to, you wouldnt have to use it ;D

Offline valion

• Soldier
  • you may run, you may hide. but still he comes
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2007, 03:33:54 am »
Well, I like the idea of multiple friending, as well as Player friending. Imagine having a bot on your side in a DM.

this does happen, you just put your ingame name in the friend box and they wont shoot you. works in all game modes (even if your the EFC).

i like the idea of having multi-friend. i also like this idea of teams as it would make it into squads in a ctf/tdm/inf game (5 men groups going around together working as a team) but wouldn't be good unless the bot AI was improved for realistic and FF.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 03:36:15 am by valion »
Your signature is too big, please read the rules. Keep it under 4 lines of text.