Author Topic: grenade changes  (Read 3650 times)

Offline PaFel

• Veteran
  • Weaponology Expert
    • PaFcio TACTIACAL
Re: grenade changes
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2007, 08:10:26 am »
Yes but only on/off option and settin' timer in options menu.

Offline Chariot

• Flagrunner
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2007, 11:02:02 am »
How would cooking a grenade be any different from how they are now? Theoretically, you could cook them so that they explode on contact and they would be exactly the same as they are now.
Vidi Vici Veni
I saw, I conquered, I came

Offline Kerrazyeye

• Soldier
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2007, 08:43:27 pm »
How would cooking a grenade be any different from how they are now? Theoretically, you could cook them so that they explode on contact and they would be exactly the same as they are now.
Well you see, grenades dont explode if you trip over them, you would dmg the other player without a direct hit, it takes more skill for a midair kill, in addition it is more realistic. In advance, dont pull the "soldat isnt realistic" card mmk. It adds to the gameplay, as well as realism.

And uhh....yeah they are the same as they are now in theory---if: you could calculate down to the pixel and nanosecond when and where the nades gonna blow. ::)

Yes but only on/off option and settin' timer in options menu.

Ehh...how do you know what the grenade settings for a server are? Too many options IMO.

Offline Chariot

• Flagrunner
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2007, 10:11:32 pm »
You wouldn't have to "calculate" anything. If you practiced with it enough, you could become proficient at making them explode on, or at least near enough to the enemy that it will kill them.

Anyways, that's just another senseless skill that you don't need because this shouldn't be implemented.
Vidi Vici Veni
I saw, I conquered, I came

Offline valion

• Soldier
  • you may run, you may hide. but still he comes
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2007, 03:30:15 am »
in a sense that is calculating. your eye is sending the message to the brain which then interprets things.
the whole point is that people DO learn to use grenades properly with skill instead of just rolling them down a cliff and watching as they explode on contact.
If anything you just quoted the argument in favour of it.

what would you prefer. a realistic weapon which requires skill and timing to use or an unrealistic thing that anyone can just throw in your general direction and it would kill you if you so much as grazed it.
Your signature is too big, please read the rules. Keep it under 4 lines of text.

Offline Hiro

• Flagrunner
  • Ph34r my reality
    • The Rat Hole
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2007, 07:41:48 pm »
Ever heard of those bombs that explode on contact? They are just as real as traditional grenades, but way more advanced. Think on this: Soldat's have jetboots, how much more advanced are they than us now? Therefore how much more advanced are their grenades going to be?

All arguments of realism are false.
I am but a figment of your imagination. You are creating me to see what perfection is.

Offline valion

• Soldier
  • you may run, you may hide. but still he comes
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2007, 06:58:43 am »
except they use weaponry from this day and age, plus many people remove the jets for realistic maps.
thereby your argument is flawed.
the jet boots are becoming less and less used in soldat as people see them as a joke as well as just an easier method of getting from A to B.
if they were that far advanced do you think they would still be using a ruger? or an AK for that matter?
soldat isn't in the future, the jets were just necessary to allow people to get around the early maps
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 07:04:07 am by valion »
Your signature is too big, please read the rules. Keep it under 4 lines of text.