Poll

Do weapon need a general boost?

Yes, by boosting all weapon
Yes, by making Headshots worth more
No, the balance is good
Ehm....I dunno.... look, Im just here to tell everyone that I'm gay and I love the taste of c#m a lot...
Yes, by making a hybrid of the 2, heads and general boost

Author Topic: somewhat underpowered?  (Read 22427 times)

Offline Shadow G-Unit

• Veteran
  • IRC: S[Ex]eh-Legend
    • Fractured Forums
Re: somewhat underpowered?
« Reply #100 on: November 22, 2007, 04:18:07 pm »
not really, I personally only go for torso and head area, legs are out of the question.
... Sure, but amount of headshots (especially with auto) is a bit random.

I Agree.

If we up ALL the weapons, Our life Spans will be shorter...
thats the best part.

Ain't that the truth..

No, it isn't. Many kills happen so fast anyways I think I'm playing realistic!
No! The thing is, normal is much too slow! It should be more arcadey, while realistic is, in fact, more realistic.
Posting opinions as facts is biased, D: .

compared to realistic, its much much shorter, so it is a fact.

I mean, Look At Grand theft auto SA. (Steers away) You die in like so mny hits. If it was so realistic, youll die in One - Five.

(Steers back) If you used the ruger... B A M, Youll be dead. So boosting - No No.
not really, if dont auto aim you can probably gun down people with 2 well aimed shots. and usually it takes 2-3 shots to kill someone, so it is realistic.

Date Posted: November 20, 2007, 12:14:49 pm
so ruger would still have to make 2 hits while giving autos a chance to live through and ruger attack.

How the feck can auto beat a 2 shot ruger? It would require 100% headshots, and that isn't even possible, not even in theory, due to bullet spread.

Though, it is a totally different situation when Ruger misses once or more, but so does auto.

Also remember that there will be more spraying and less capping in CTF games. It is alot harder to get the flag + escape in INF, in HTF it is alot harder to hold the flag etc.

meh sometime you can make confuse the rugerer with streams of bullets.
Who really cares if it is realistic. This is fecking Soldat. The balance is fine.

Ingame: King Legend.10- | Clan: In10sitY | Prev. Clan: OXiD | M79 Slag

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #101 on: November 22, 2007, 04:33:23 pm »
Actually, if I remember correctly, the AK was given a faster rate of fire, to balance the fact that it had so many bullets, and was capable to killing many enemies in a row without reloading.  They dropped the power and increased the rate of fire to give it less overall damage per clip, though it was actually made stronger compared to 1.3.1 when it comes to it's speed of killing a single target, if only by a bit.
Yes, the DPS was increased.. by what.. 0.5 %. The accuracy was made worse. More worse than 0.5 %. So in practise it is WEAKER. The greater the distance is, the weaker AK gets. Just like AUG and Mp5. Faster shots, less accuracy, more AUG-alike.

I don't like it.
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #102 on: November 22, 2007, 05:16:13 pm »
not really, I personally only go for torso and head area, legs are out of the question.

I Agree.

thats the best part.

Ain't that the truth..

No! The thing is, normal is much too slow! It should be more arcadey, while realistic is, in fact, more realistic.

I mean, Look At Grand theft auto SA. (Steers away) You die in like so mny hits. If it was so realistic, youll die in One - Five.

(Steers back) If you used the ruger... B A M, Youll be dead. So boosting - No No.
not really, if dont auto aim you can probably gun down people with 2 well aimed shots. and usually it takes 2-3 shots to kill someone, so it is realistic.

so ruger would still have to make 2 hits while giving autos a chance to live through and ruger attack.

How the feck can auto beat a 2 shot ruger? It would require 100% headshots, and that isn't even possible, not even in theory, due to bullet spread.

Though, it is a totally different situation when Ruger misses once or more, but so does auto.

Also remember that there will be more spraying and less capping in CTF games. It is alot harder to get the flag + escape in INF, in HTF it is alot harder to hold the flag etc.

Who really cares if it is realistic. This is fecking Soldat. The balance is fine.
current balance + nade is fine...
current balance alone, not.

I liek teh qu0te towa fo d00mzor!

Date Posted: November 22, 2007, 05:14:24 pm
Actually, if I remember correctly, the AK was given a faster rate of fire, to balance the fact that it had so many bullets, and was capable to killing many enemies in a row without reloading. They dropped the power and increased the rate of fire to give it less overall damage per clip, though it was actually made stronger compared to 1.3.1 when it comes to it's speed of killing a single target, if only by a bit.
Yes, the DPS was increased.. by what.. 0.5 %. The accuracy was made worse. More worse than 0.5 %. So in practise it is WEAKER. The greater the distance is, the weaker AK gets. Just like AUG and Mp5. Faster shots, less accuracy, more AUG-alike.

I don't like it.

I would like to see a very accurate, deadly and slower firing ak..

a classic long range auto.
Always remember the succubus...

Offline Shadow G-Unit

• Veteran
    • Fractured Forums
« Reply #103 on: November 22, 2007, 07:07:28 pm »

I Agree.

thats the best part.

Ain't that the truth..

Actually, if I remember correctly, the AK was given a faster rate of fire, to balance the fact that it had so many bullets, and was capable to killing many enemies in a row without reloading. They dropped the power and increased the rate of fire to give it less overall damage per clip, though it was actually made stronger compared to 1.3.1 when it comes to it's speed of killing a single target, if only by a bit.

I don't like it.

Slower? Are you crazy? It would be such a weak weapon, it would be undesirable to use it! Damn it people, the balance is PERFECT.

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #104 on: November 22, 2007, 07:14:15 pm »

I Agree.

thats the best part.

Ain't that the truth..

I don't like it.

Slower? Are you crazy? It would be such a weak weapon, it would be undesirable to use it! Damn it people, the balance is PERFECT.
the dmg would get boosted you know...

Offline Shadow G-Unit

• Veteran
    • Fractured Forums
« Reply #105 on: November 22, 2007, 07:43:22 pm »

I Agree.

thats the best part.

Ain't that the truth..

I don't like it.

Then it would be cheaper! It would basically be like an auto-Ruger77.

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #106 on: November 22, 2007, 08:42:57 pm »

I Agree.

thats the best part.

Ain't that the truth..

I don't like it.

but the time that would take to make a skill will still be the same, so it would never kill as quick as a ruger.

Offline Shadow G-Unit

• Veteran
    • Fractured Forums
« Reply #107 on: November 22, 2007, 08:46:53 pm »

I Agree.

thats the best part.

Ain't that the truth..

I don't like it.

but the time that would take to make a skill will still be the same, so it would never kill as quick as a ruger.
The AK then would be a whole ton cheaper because of its rigged power. If MM rigs the AK, he will have to rig the other weapons as well! Think of the Minimi!

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
  • The words of your tongue blister like fire
« Reply #108 on: November 22, 2007, 08:51:44 pm »
Can you idiots please stop deliberately ruining the horizontal vertical scroll by utilizing the quote tower of doom? It's getting far too annoying and bothersome just to read a few sentences after scrolling past many paragraphs...
« Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 09:20:29 pm by Twistkill »

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Add me on PSN: Newfrag. Just make sure to tell me you're from SF. :P

Offline Pie

• Flagrunner
« Reply #109 on: November 22, 2007, 09:57:53 pm »
The fact is, the Ak will either become uterlly fucking useless, or a man eating machine like a ruger or a minimi, I just think the jump between autos is too large, like mp5 is very short range, like spas short range, and then styer is short to mid, then Ak which is pretty much the same as styre, and then minimi.
The ak isin the same catagory as styre and the styre is better then ak imho.
Which is why people avoid using it.
Lol, internets.

Offline Shadow G-Unit

• Veteran
    • Fractured Forums
« Reply #110 on: November 22, 2007, 10:21:58 pm »
The fact is, the Ak will either become uterlly fecking useless, or a man eating machine like a ruger or a minimi, I just think the jump between autos is too large, like mp5 is very short range, like spas short range, and then styer is short to mid, then Ak which is pretty much the same as styre, and then minimi.
Go to #sna.gather. Look who is using the AK.

Offline Pie

• Flagrunner
« Reply #111 on: November 22, 2007, 10:37:12 pm »
The fact is, the Ak will either become uterlly fecking useless, or a man eating machine like a ruger or a minimi, I just think the jump between autos is too large, like mp5 is very short range, like spas short range, and then styer is short to mid, then Ak which is pretty much the same as styre, and then minimi.
Okay let me refrase that:
No one that i've seen plays EXPERTLY with the AK.
Lol, internets.

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #112 on: November 23, 2007, 06:06:42 am »

I think right now, there is too much power difference between an auto and a semi, all semis kills faster, better
so the boost will not give give the semi much of an advantage but it will take away the "spacing" between those 2 kind of weapons.

Date Posted: November 23, 2007, 06:05:06 am

nah its actually one of the easiest auto to master. behind mp5 that is. its bullet are straight and very predictable, there is no movimentAcc(?) and the bink is minimum. the slow fire rate gives you tons of time to aim.

Offline Shadow G-Unit

• Veteran
    • Fractured Forums
« Reply #113 on: November 23, 2007, 08:50:52 am »
I'll give you a couple of names: Snowden, Vox//Control, {EF} xurich, {EF} Aost, J-Smooth.iNs`, nR`Kyza...the list can go on. Who else do you want?

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #114 on: November 23, 2007, 09:25:35 am »
#sna.gather uses beta balance, thats why AK is used so much.

Go play clanwars and see the truth! ;)
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline Shadow G-Unit

• Veteran
    • Fractured Forums
« Reply #115 on: November 23, 2007, 11:06:57 am »

Aww, dang. Well in that case, I really don't know.

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #116 on: November 23, 2007, 11:52:53 am »

ak is still a great weapon because you have so much clip to spray the chock points and when they do appear on your screen they already have 1/4 of their life down, and most people would just nade at that point.

Date Posted: November 23, 2007, 11:51:48 am

you should try and meet more people then, there is a whole new world outside of pubs

Offline Shadow G-Unit

• Veteran
    • Fractured Forums
« Reply #117 on: November 23, 2007, 01:11:55 pm »

ak is still a great weapon because you have so much clip to spray the chock points and when they do appear on your screen they already have 1/4 of their life down, and most people would just nade at that point.

Date Posted: November 23, 2007, 11:51:48 am

you should try and meet more people then, there is a whole new world outside of pubs
I really don't think Clawbug is a public server person (imo) I see him most of the time in #sna.gather and #soldat.gather.

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #118 on: November 23, 2007, 01:21:33 pm »
Even though he was not saying that to me, I must say that I am actually more a public player - nowadays, though a gather once a day, keeps the boredom away... or thats what I believe into. :)

Yes, AK is good for spraying, with the exception that AUG wins there aswell! Due to short reload, you hardly run into a situation where you are caught by enemies and having zero ammo.
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline Shadow G-Unit

• Veteran
    • Fractured Forums
« Reply #119 on: November 23, 2007, 01:31:38 pm »
Aww, what a bummer. I wish to do a gather with you Clawbug. Steyr AUG beats AK hands down (imo).