Poll

Do weapon need a general boost?

Yes, by boosting all weapon
Yes, by making Headshots worth more
No, the balance is good
Ehm....I dunno.... look, Im just here to tell everyone that I'm gay and I love the taste of c#m a lot...
Yes, by making a hybrid of the 2, heads and general boost

Author Topic: somewhat underpowered?  (Read 22464 times)

Offline ElGato

• Camper
Re: somewhat underpowered?
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2007, 11:05:24 pm »
Height disadvantage is already too awesome.

Date Posted: November 13, 2007, 11:03:58 pm
And if you notice in the post you quoted I said increased damage anywhere. Head being included.
[fist] Black Powa

7th_account

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2007, 11:35:48 pm »
advantage != disadvantage

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2007, 11:58:55 am »
I just don't think either suggestion is the way to accomplish exactly what you want, and unfortunately I don't have any idea what is. When faced with a 2v1 or even the 1v1 conundrum you gave as examples you simply need to change the routine a bit, don't be so predictable. I think increased damage anywhere will have about the same outcome, the individual gunfights will just be shorter.

I dont think a change of routine would help simply because no matter what you do you can't really make yourself invincible. also 2x dmg + 2xlife tank 1xdmg and 1xlife anytime/

Date Posted: November 14, 2007, 11:47:17 am
true but the height advantage =/= a lot more dmg.
so what about decrease in leg dmg.

It feels like its me vs the world again.

Date Posted: November 14, 2007, 11:50:27 am
I haven't voted but I will say I would not be opposed to a damage boost. However, it wouldn't have the exact effect you want I think.

So the even if the alpha player is very skilled, he would most likely only average 2 kill/round if he didnt take any health packs. And lets just forget if the guy meets two bravo player at the sametime.. He would just get pwned... Thats because the guns can only do so much. There is something skill cannot compensate.

So I just think you should be able to deal more damage before dying and handle more guys at the sametime.

Then..I forgot what I was going add.. but lets go stright to the solution

While a boost to damage would create a much more noticeable gap between those with and without skill if the players are even close the lone man will also just get gunned down much quicker leading to no change. And if the lone player is worse he may get gunned down without making any difference at all. I think it would just lead to a bigger disparity between those with and without skill, I don't know if that's the idea you had with this or not. And I can imagine the headshot idea would yield very similar results, maybe even to more of an extreme.

Also the only person you really need reading these forums is Skoskav. :p

think again.... In realistic there is rarely that kind of stalemate... Because the weapons are more powerful. So no, I think the general boost would solve the problem.
Always remember the succubus...

Offline ElGato

• Camper
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2007, 01:11:44 pm »
I dont think a change of routine would help simply because no matter what you do you can't really make yourself invincible. also 2x dmg + 2xlife tank 1xdmg and 1xlife anytime/

A barret makes you "invincible" in a 1v1.

think again.... In realistic there is rarely that kind of stalemate... Because the weapons are more powerful. So no, I think the general boost would solve the problem.

Are you talking about realistic or R/S? In R/S survival mode is on so no, there is hardly ever a stalemate. In plain realistic at times there is a stalemate even with the advantage of being able to simply sneak by people. When players are of equal skill there is bound to be an even game, most of the time meaning a simple exchange of kills.
[fist] Black Powa

Offline TiReD

• Soldier
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2007, 01:41:33 pm »
I just don't think either suggestion is the way to accomplish exactly what you want, and unfortunately I don't have any idea what is. When faced with a 2v1 or even the 1v1 conundrum you gave as examples you simply need to change the routine a bit, don't be so predictable. I think increased damage anywhere will have about the same outcome, the individual gunfights will just be shorter.

Nade for insta kill one, kill the other with weapon+nade.
iwishicouldhateyoutodeath
[/color]

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2007, 03:16:28 pm »

So I could theoretically get 8 kills with 5 nades a knife and a double barrett shot.

you actually proved that almost nobody ever gets a double kill only using their weapon.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2007, 04:05:16 pm »
Lies, nobody has that good of an aim.

Thats how noobs think.

Date Posted: November 14, 2007, 03:58:12 pm
So I could theoretically get 8 kills with 5 nades a knife and a double barrett shot.

if you get perfect timing, you could actually get 11 kills.. But you dont see people doing that do you?

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2007, 04:42:13 pm »
if you get perfect timing, you could actually get 11 kills.. But you dont see people doing that do you?
1. no you don't, which is part of my point
2. I need to ask, where do the 11 come from?
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2007, 10:38:33 pm »
lol miscalculation, yeah 8 its the max.

Offline ElGato

• Camper
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2007, 10:45:36 pm »

To hit a few shots in a row? You must have lied about playing in CWs/Gathers. :p

Date Posted: November 14, 2007, 10:43:13 pm
And ya TiReD, counting on a nade for an "insta" kill is pretty weak, especially if you are rushing. You need to be under them or experiencing some lag for it to be one hit to kill so you can't really count on that.
[fist] Black Powa

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2007, 11:25:20 pm »
I do play gathers, but your reaction time can only be so quick. and barrett has a delay so there is a good chance that you will be binked before you could fire a shot. also everyone would be rushing to the enemy base, and that is terrible for a sniper because the moviment acc would make him miss, a lot.

Offline ElGato

• Camper
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2007, 11:52:45 pm »
I do play gathers, but your reaction time can only be so quick. and barrett has a delay so there is a good chance that you will be binked before you could fire a shot. also everyone would be rushing to the enemy base, and that is terrible for a sniper because the moviment acc would make him miss, a lot.

First, it takes a second for bink to take affect anyways and even if you do get "binked" you can still shoot strait. There is just a chance it will go up or down. Second, if you are expecting someone you will be ready to shoot as soon as you see them and lastly movement accuracy has absolutely no effect on the first shot for any reasonably skilled person.
[fist] Black Powa

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2007, 11:52:16 am »
nah the bink kicks in much faster now, from personal experience, it kicks in instantly.
also in a gather there are only 3 players on each sides and the maps are pretty big so there is a chance that no one is going the same way as you.
lastly, I got into my first 3 clans as a sniper so I think I'm pretty experienced at it. Even if you have a perfect timing, but it still takes time to get rid of movimentAcc. The MA does not cease to exist as soon as you release the moviment key(since you release the moviment key at the sametime as you click "fire"), it keeps on going for a little while after you release them. So it will change your aim by a little. With any reasonable distance(you just spoted the enemy, so I think its most likely to beĀ  a whole screen) you will miss.

Answer this, why is barrett no as popular as in gathers than pubs?

Offline TiReD

• Soldier
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2007, 11:55:02 am »

To hit a few shots in a row? You must have lied about playing in CWs/Gathers. :p

Date Posted: November 14, 2007, 10:43:13 pm
And ya TiReD, counting on a nade for an "insta" kill is pretty weak, especially if you are rushing. You need to be under them or experiencing some lag for it to be one hit to kill so you can't really count on that.
Usually when 2 people are rushing on top route(like on run), one will take the height, and the other will cover the ground. Unless they wanna be easy kills.

you actually proved that almost nobody ever gets a double kill only using their weapon.
Nope you couldnt, but when you know youre on disadvantage, you have to play different.

Also, i use HK, if i used AK i could pull a double kill without reloading. (HK VS Steyr = Steyr wins if i miss bullets, which usually will happen if the steyr has experience, since he could just pull back and kill me with his range, and his almost same reload.)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 12:03:53 pm by TiReD »
[/color]

Offline ElGato

• Camper
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2007, 12:05:54 pm »
nah the bink kicks in much faster now, from personal experience, it kicks in instantly.
also in a gather there are only 3 players on each sides and the maps are pretty big so there is a chance that no one is going the same way as you.
lastly, I got into my first 3 clans as a sniper so I think I'm pretty experienced at it. Even if you have a perfect timing, but it still takes time to get rid of movimentAcc. The MA does not cease to exist as soon as you release the moviment key(since you release the moviment key at the sametime as you click "fire"), it keeps on going for a little while after you release them. So it will change your aim by a little. With any reasonable distance(you just spoted the enemy, so I think its most likely to be  a whole screen) you will miss.

Answer this, why is barrett no as popular as in gathers than pubs?

There is so much wrong with that.. I don't even want to go into it because this will end up like the other thread. Think what you want about the barret, I'm sure your position as "sniper" in the past will be enough to back it up.

Barret is more pupular in pubs because people like to camp/snipe and there are more people? I use barret all the time in gathers and I see others doing it too, especially the people who go alt. Infact on maps like Nuubia and Ash I use it no matter where I go. If you wanted me to say it was because of bink, I don't think it is. There is just as much/more in pubs.
[fist] Black Powa

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2007, 04:03:37 pm »

Nope you couldnt, but when you know youre on disadvantage, you have to play different.

Also, i use HK, if i used AK i could pull a double kill without reloading. (HK VS Steyr = Steyr wins if i miss bullets, which usually will happen if the steyr has experience, since he could just pull back and kill me with his range, and his almost same reload.)
yes you can get 8 max kills! YOU LIE! YOU HAVE NO CREDIBILITY!

Also your second paragraph means nothing.

Offline TiReD

• Soldier
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2007, 04:29:04 pm »

yes you can get 8 max kills! YOU LIE! YOU HAVE NO CREDIBILITY!

Also your second paragraph means nothing.
FINE

ILL CONFESS, I USE STEYR, AND GET 2 KILLS WITHOUT RELOADING, THEN I PULL OUT MY KNIFE, KILL A GUY, THEN PICK IT UP ON THE AIR, AND STAB ANOTHER GUY, THEN USE MY 5 NADES TO GET A INSTA KILL ON EACH, WHILE I CAP 10 TIMES.
[/color]

Offline mxyzptlk

• Veteran
  • The Panda Ninja
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2007, 06:47:11 pm »
Sorry to bring it up, TiRED, but your sig breaks rules: No colored text.

"While preceding your entrance with a grenade is a good tactic in
Quake, it can lead to problems if attempted at work." -- C Hacking

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
  • The words of your tongue blister like fire
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2007, 06:52:58 pm »
I am not certain of whether or not you are joking.

Colored text is not disallowed in the signature rules.

http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?action=help

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Add me on PSN: Newfrag. Just make sure to tell me you're from SF. :P

Offline mxyzptlk

• Veteran
  • The Panda Ninja
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2007, 07:07:13 pm »
I am not certain of whether or not you are joking.

Colored text is not disallowed in the signature rules.

http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?action=help
Ah, I was mistaken. In the rule where it talks about sig text size, I thought it said about color. Ah, well.

"While preceding your entrance with a grenade is a good tactic in
Quake, it can lead to problems if attempted at work." -- C Hacking