Poll

Do weapon need a general boost?

Yes, by boosting all weapon
Yes, by making Headshots worth more
No, the balance is good
Ehm....I dunno.... look, Im just here to tell everyone that I'm gay and I love the taste of c#m a lot...
Yes, by making a hybrid of the 2, heads and general boost

Author Topic: somewhat underpowered?  (Read 22466 times)

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
Re: somewhat underpowered?
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2007, 11:46:17 am »
anyone is going to say something remotely related to the issue?
Always remember the succubus...

Offline TiReD

• Soldier
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2007, 01:42:03 pm »
Boost headshots and you have a overpowered ak, overpowered steyr and underpowered hk, unless you give it less bink.
iwishicouldhateyoutodeath
[/color]

Offline Eclipse

• Soldier
  • :D
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2007, 02:29:23 pm »
Boost headshots and you have a overpowered ak, overpowered steyr and underpowered hk, unless you give it less bink.
Hate to say it but i agree. Then you have the ruger, Which is usually one Hit kill.
All teh Piezors Shall beh Minezors!

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2007, 03:23:32 pm »
if its a major boost, then yes

But I was thinking more of a 130-140%. Also it would need a very good aker/steyrer to do all headshots.

anything less than 3-4 headshot would help to get kill any faster. again it would take a very good aker/steyrer to achieve this.
So basically it would separate the pros from nade abuser/noobs
« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 03:25:03 pm by excruciator »

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2007, 03:32:28 pm »
I think just a general boost to the guns. Lower the bink on basically everything and raise the damage a bit on the HK.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2007, 04:03:37 pm »
I think just a general boost to the guns. Lower the bink on basically everything and raise the damage a bit on the HK.

That, and remove some of the movement accuracy on the minimi.
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2007, 04:11:11 pm »

That, and remove some of the movement accuracy on the minimi.
I think minimi is good enough. Minimi owns most autos easily.

Offline TiReD

• Soldier
« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2007, 04:27:10 pm »

But I was thinking more of a 130-140%. Also it would need a very good aker/steyrer to do all headshots.

anything less than 3-4 headshot would help to get kill any faster. again it would take a very good aker/steyrer to achieve this.
AK has to do 6 headshots to kill, with a 40 bullet clip.

you wanna lower it to 4?.

In fact, i think only the hk needs a boost. And the steyr needs to be nerfed.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 04:30:55 pm by TiReD »
[/color]

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2007, 04:31:21 pm »

can you make 6 headshots though? can you?

I doubt that you will be able to hit 6 bullet in a row.

Offline TiReD

• Soldier
« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2007, 05:16:47 pm »

can you make 6 headshots though? can you?

I doubt that you will be able to hit 6 bullet in a row.
I doubt your ability more than mine, ill start playing on u13 public now, come any day and ill show you how i can hit more than 6 bullets on a row ;].
[/color]

7th_account

« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2007, 06:38:14 pm »
Who cares about headshots? The average mix of hs, bs and ls represents a bs.

Offline Eclipse

• Soldier
« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2007, 09:23:38 pm »
I wouldnt Up the Minigun and M79 and Ruger. They are powerful enough already. If the minigun was upgraded, Boy there would be some lag as everyone would use it.

Offline mxyzptlk

• Veteran
  • The Panda Ninja
« Reply #52 on: November 16, 2007, 09:24:24 pm »
I wouldnt Up the Minigun and M79 and Ruger. They are powerful enough already. If the minigun was upgraded, Boy there would be some lag as everyone would use it.
No. The minigun is not.

If the buff is to be uniform, it must be UNIFORM.

"While preceding your entrance with a grenade is a good tactic in
Quake, it can lead to problems if attempted at work." -- C Hacking

Offline Pie

• Flagrunner
« Reply #53 on: November 16, 2007, 09:42:31 pm »
I don't see why it needs to be 1-upped?
I can hit more then 5 head shots with minimi and probably even more while prone or crouched.
If you give headshots more damage then people will just camp back and wait imo. It's alot eaiser to hit someone whil crouched in the face then it is to run at them... And while we are at it, we should add a distance to damage ratio, or a better one. If i'm 3 feet away from you i still do the same damage as i would if i was 8 feet or 10 feet. I'm sure if i shot you in the face from 3 feet away you would be screwed more so... But anyway, I don't feel the need for it to be upped, maybe reduce move bink a little on some weapons and a little less recoil on socom would be nice :)
Lol, internets.

Offline mxyzptlk

• Veteran
  • The Panda Ninja
« Reply #54 on: November 16, 2007, 09:50:13 pm »
If i'm 3 feet away from you i still do the same damage as i would if i was 8 feet or 10 feet.
Are you even listening to what you are saying? Bullets will severely hurt, even kill from even a mile away, even if it isn't meant to.

Offline Shadow G-Unit

• Veteran
  • IRC: S[Ex]eh-Legend
    • Fractured Forums
« Reply #55 on: November 16, 2007, 10:04:41 pm »
Do weapon? What the hell do you mean?

Ingame: King Legend.10- | Clan: In10sitY | Prev. Clan: OXiD | M79 Slag

Offline Pie

• Flagrunner
« Reply #56 on: November 16, 2007, 10:24:23 pm »
If i'm 3 feet away from you i still do the same damage as i would if i was 8 feet or 10 feet.
Are you even listening to what you are saying? Bullets will severely hurt, even kill from even a mile away, even if it isn't meant to.
Are you talking about real life or ingame?
Because in real life, bullets don't kill from a mile away i'd let you shoot at me with a pistol any day if you were a mile away...
In game the damage doesn't vary from shorter distances, i could be 10 meters away from you and get the same damage as i would be if i was 1 meter away from you, I was just stating that i would like an upgrade of the distance ratio thing. So yeah, i know exactly what i'm on about.
Lol, internets.

Offline mxyzptlk

• Veteran
  • The Panda Ninja
« Reply #57 on: November 16, 2007, 10:31:17 pm »
Because in real life, bullets don't kill from a mile away i'd let you shoot at me with a pistol any day if you were a mile away...
It would, indeed, hurt like hell if you were shot from a mile away. I'm saying the amount of pain in the occasion that it hits.
In game the damage doesn't vary from shorter distances, i could be 10 meters away from you and get the same damage as i would be if i was 1 meter away from you, I was just stating that i would like an upgrade of the distance ratio thing. So yeah, i know exactly what i'm on about.
So, you are trying to get a nerf in a thread about buffs? Why? You just derailed a discussion by saying that gameplay needed nerfed - which it doesn't - instead of buffed.

Offline Eclipse

• Soldier
« Reply #58 on: November 17, 2007, 02:13:45 pm »

I think this would ruin the fun for snipers and Statters, As they usually spray long range, Especially on TW, and what about the short rangers? like the M79 and HK. Do you want them to be Point blank range so they can do some decent damage?

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #59 on: November 17, 2007, 06:17:05 pm »
There is the problem that in CWs akers usually spray chokepoints, with buffed dmg they could potencially deal loads of dmg. So I guess the answer would be increase dmg but make make certain guns lose power quickly, such as Ak.