Poll

Do weapon need a general boost?

Yes, by boosting all weapon
Yes, by making Headshots worth more
No, the balance is good
Ehm....I dunno.... look, Im just here to tell everyone that I'm gay and I love the taste of c#m a lot...
Yes, by making a hybrid of the 2, heads and general boost

Author Topic: somewhat underpowered?  (Read 24234 times)

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
Re: somewhat underpowered?
« Reply #120 on: November 24, 2007, 03:45:37 pm »
I'm not sure what specific role either the ak or aug are trying to fill. to me they are generic auto #1 and #2. The beta testing team should work on them so the autos at least have a different "personality" I use minimi just like the steyr with as much success. To me they are nearly identical. and the ak? meh, forget it. The damage doesn't seem to make up for the relatively slow firing, the mp5 has the opposite problem.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline The Rogue

• Major
  • hi im rogue
« Reply #121 on: November 25, 2007, 05:21:05 am »
minimi is best auto imo if the person using it knows how to use it. ;)
[knife]

7th_account

« Reply #122 on: November 25, 2007, 01:07:17 pm »
4-y: The steyr is the surgical tool among the bunch. Rapide, high damage and accurate. Just enough for a kill. I'm in to swords this week, so picture yourself a rapier.

Ak is the workhorse and all-rounder. Capable of doing everything well, but not excel in any of the fields. It's even good for battling multiple enemies - The default of the defaultish longswords.

Minimi's characteristics include high damage, unreliable precision, slugishness and taking down multiple enemies at once. This would be a two-bladed, huge battleaxe.

Their roles will be a bit clearer in the next version.

Offline The Owls

• Soldier
« Reply #123 on: November 25, 2007, 01:12:26 pm »
I thought the AK was unchanged in the beta balance on sna.gather.  I don't know, I haven't checked it in a while.

7th_account

« Reply #124 on: November 25, 2007, 01:18:52 pm »
Yup. But the others have changed, making the roles clearer.

Offline Überschall

• Soldier
« Reply #125 on: November 25, 2007, 01:54:56 pm »
The weapons used to be stronger once upon a time, I'm very positive there. They lost a lot of power during the changes, because it always went like

"Let's nerv the AK, it's too hard"

Next Version:

"The AK is underpowered, the Steyr also needs to be nerfed."

Next Version:

"Now that AK and Steyr are weak, the Mp5 needs a nerfing, too".

And on and on.
"Everyone who casts a shadow seems to stand in the sun" ~Wolfsheim

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #126 on: November 25, 2007, 01:59:33 pm »
Minimi is almost the same as a styer in the sense that it is fast firing with lower damage. How can it be a huge battleaxe when the styer is a rapier?

Mp5 is a Roman sword, only deadly shortrange its ignoreable at any significant range.

Ak is like the styer, except worse at practically everything.

Styer is the only one in 1.4.2 any respectable mercenary would ever unsheath.

It is nice to know that in the next version they will be as you say they are.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

7th_account

« Reply #127 on: November 25, 2007, 07:24:35 pm »
In 1.4.2, minimi's bullets sting 21% more than steyr's. But the steyr can well compensate for this with its swiftness.

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #128 on: November 26, 2007, 11:49:59 am »
I'm a decent steyr and I still have problem fighting the roman swords(mp5) because they are so swift, I have a bit of problem fighting the longsword(ak) because they can hit me before I hit them.
I think steyr is more of a scimitar, swift deadly yet longer than a roman sword but shorter than a longsword..

but I dont really like the current 1.4.3 balance for steyr..it makes it way too easy and make the reload more frequently.

still, its a general buff applausible??
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 12:03:28 pm by excruciator »
Always remember the succubus...

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #129 on: November 26, 2007, 06:18:07 pm »
I'm a decent steyr and I still have problem fighting the roman swords(mp5) because they are so swift, I have a bit of problem fighting the longsword(ak) because they can hit me before I hit them.
I think steyr is more of a scimitar, swift deadly yet longer than a roman sword but shorter than a longsword..

but I dont really like the current 1.4.3 balance for steyr..it makes it way too easy and make the reload more frequently.

How does AK hit you before you can hit them? :D
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline ElGato

• Camper
« Reply #130 on: November 26, 2007, 07:46:44 pm »
I was gonna ask the same thing but I guess it would open up a lot more questions along with it. Like what does his last sentence mean...?
[fist] Black Powa

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
  • The words of your tongue blister like fire
« Reply #131 on: November 26, 2007, 07:56:56 pm »
I was gonna ask the same thing but I guess it would open up a lot more questions along with it. Like what does his last sentence mean...?
Most likely "is a general buff plausible??", only his sentence become ambiguous due to misplaced characters.

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Add me on PSN: Newfrag. Just make sure to tell me you're from SF. :P

Offline ElGato

• Camper
« Reply #132 on: November 26, 2007, 08:15:57 pm »
General buff to what though, Mp5 like the thread is about or the Steyr he is going on about?
[fist] Black Powa

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
  • The words of your tongue blister like fire
« Reply #133 on: November 26, 2007, 08:25:32 pm »
General buff to what though, Mp5 like the thread is about or the Steyr he is going on about?
I'm willing to state that he was attempting to say a general buff to all of the weapons, due to the fact that the original topic of this thread was referring to all of the weapons, yes? :)

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Add me on PSN: Newfrag. Just make sure to tell me you're from SF. :P

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #134 on: November 27, 2007, 04:31:20 am »

Don't worry, you wll get used to it. Besides, 80% of people will hate new weapon balance, no matter what. If it isn't touched, people keep flaming beta team for doing nothing about the bad balance. :P

Quite fukked.
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline Pie

• Flagrunner
« Reply #135 on: November 27, 2007, 06:22:32 am »

Don't worry, you wll get used to it. Besides, 80% of people will hate new weapon balance, no matter what. If it isn't touched, people keep flaming beta team for doing nothing about the bad balance. :P

Quite fukked.
I suppose you're doing a good job, You're not swaying to anyone side, as much as you could be, And for that i'm grateful, Beta-ing must be hard sometimes?
Lol, internets.

Offline ElGato

• Camper
« Reply #136 on: November 27, 2007, 11:47:18 am »
I'm willing to state that he was attempting to say a general buff to all of the weapons, due to the fact that the original topic of this thread was referring to all of the weapons, yes? :)

I feel foolish, I thought this was the Mp5 one.
[fist] Black Powa

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #137 on: November 27, 2007, 11:50:32 am »

How does AK hit you before you can hit them? :D

hah that was badly phrased... I meant that steyr isnt so accurate at mid longrange, also AUG's got less rounds and fires much faster... so its much harder for an AUG to pull those kind of fights than aks.
Also the MovimentAcc makes aiming very very hard..
Most likely "is a general buff plausible??", only his sentence become ambiguous due to misplaced characters.

*look at the topic
*looks at the previous post....
*lurks a bit more

general buff = whatever everyone said earlier, buff all weapons.

Date Posted: November 27, 2007, 11:49:56 am

HE'S GOT IT!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 11:52:29 am by excruciator »

Offline ElGato

• Camper
« Reply #138 on: November 27, 2007, 02:41:34 pm »
I already admitted the mistake fool! :p But even after all this talk I still don't think a buff to damage is a good idea, unless it is very minimal and only to a choice few guns.
[fist] Black Powa

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #139 on: November 27, 2007, 04:51:48 pm »
all right, Ill choose eh.... all autos...