Author Topic: cool polys  (Read 1240 times)

Offline recruit

• Soldier
cool polys
« on: November 07, 2007, 09:28:47 am »
On ctf_cs_office
    on the extreme right there is a diving board and if you are standing on it you can gain some extreme jumps! [retard]

On inf_zomcano
    in order to get out of the volcano you need to go through this portal wich teleports you to a tunnel! [retard]

Unfortunately i couldn't send or show the maps

could anyone care to explain how to do these things?

Offline Arbiter

• Camper
  • You shot me, fool!
Re: cool polys
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 09:44:15 am »
[singlish] lol, recruit, holidays haven't started, already want spam. off topic, but whatever lor.[/singlish]

*ahem*

The teleporter in Domino's map is basically a hell lot of polys concentrated into one line (i think) as are most teleporters. Don't know how to make them though.

The extreme jump's probably a goodie/accident of too many polys. Put about 45+ polys or so on one spot and backflip on it. In other words, a bouncy poly.

"Why beat kids when you can beat women?" - Espadon
"markin marknousky wont kno what hit him!" - Some loser.
[/i]

Offline numgun

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 09:58:03 am »
I've seen this wierd poly-edgebug thing that can be used to get amazingly high jumps.

If I remember right you have a poly with a flat side top so you can walk horizontally on it. Then you go on the far edge of that poly and jump on it while holding down left and right and you must hit the very edge of this poly. Right when you touch the edge of the poly while still holding down right and left, press jump again.

If done right, it should boost you up.

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007, 06:42:58 pm »
Actually, the bouncy poly is much simpler than that. It's just having about 30+ polygons exactly overlapped on top of each other, all of them being ice polygons for extra bounce.

The teleporter polys are kind of hard to explain, but when you understand it, they are really actually quite simple. Basically, you would make a perfectly straight line, making it so that none of the polygon shows. Now, what you need to do is, since you have to place each vertice of the polygon, place one at the start of the perfectly horizontal line, one vertex exactly in the middle, and one at the end of the line.

If that makes sense, well good. If not, oh well...there is a teleporter map where is shows examples of a down teleporter, and up teleporter. Yup. These are my examples.

And by the way, the teleporter demo is attached below.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 06:45:19 pm by Blacksheepboy »

Offline recruit

• Soldier
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2007, 10:23:22 pm »
Gee thanks guys and by the way arbiter holidays started a week ago for me!

Date Posted: November 07, 2007, 09:36:00 pm
well guys, this was what i was making but i wasn't able to make a transporter could anyone modify what i have so the it teleports and be caring enough to explain coz' its kinda of hard to do it [retard] :-[ [pigtail]
« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 10:26:36 pm by recruit »

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2007, 02:36:29 pm »
Sure, I'll see what you have ;D.

As for explaining: :(.

The teleporter test is all I've got (the teleporter test wasn't made by me by the way..).

Edit:

Where would you want the teleporters :-\.

Edit:

Alright, well I added a teleporter in a random place and a little platform with a spawn on it. If you jump through the middle of the 2 boxes right next to each other, it will teleport you right back up. It get's kinda fun because if you teleport up, then land back into it, it does the sequence all over again. Paradox kinda.

Well, if you go into Polyworks and view the wireframe of the polygons, you'll see that there is just a white line between the blocks. Select the very middle of the line, and I hope that you'll understand from there. I made the teleporter by using the grid, and then used the duplication function (ctrl+v) to get eventually 210 polygons there.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2007, 03:09:20 pm by Blacksheepboy »

Offline recruit

• Soldier
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2007, 09:04:22 pm »
wow thanks Blacksheepboy!

Date Posted: November 08, 2007, 08:56:44 pm
that was awesome but how do you control whish way it goes like the one you made, it always went up no matter which way i entered (up and down) can we do the same thing whith down?

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2007, 09:10:29 pm »
Take the line and use the transform function to mirror it horizontally.

I was just figuring around with it today and figured, what if I put the teleporter line in the middle of the two blocks and jumped through the middle. Well, it works like that... sweet.

Yup, good luck.

Offline recruit

• Soldier
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2007, 09:31:55 pm »
great i finally got the teleporter i wanted thanks blacksheepboy!

Date Posted: November 08, 2007, 09:31:20 pm
your awesome!

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2007, 09:54:51 pm »
Your welcome ;D

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2007, 11:28:06 pm »
Take the line and use the transform function to mirror it horizontally.

I was just figuring around with it today and figured, what if I put the teleporter line in the middle of the two blocks and jumped through the middle. Well, it works like that... sweet.

Checking out Mat-na's ctf_Warp, the original source for that perfect teleporter design, would have saved you some time there. :) I do see the download link i dead, so I've attached the map here for you to check out. In the brief time I played around with this teleporter design, I could never extend the warp height or teleport horizontally. I'm sure it's possible, but increasing the number of polygons or changing the angle of the line never worked for me.

Offline recruit

• Soldier
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2007, 03:42:25 am »
thanks domino!