Author Topic: Limited Ammo/Stealing off dead persons  (Read 11448 times)

Offline ds dude

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • Lolicon Forever.
Re: Limited Ammo/Stealing off dead persons
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2007, 07:17:36 pm »
Lol, Soldat has unlimited ammo anyway. When your out of bullets it just reloads and keeps on doing that.
This signature was borked. Now it is not.

Offline mxyzptlk

• Veteran
  • The Panda Ninja
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2007, 07:50:44 pm »
Lol, Soldat has unlimited ammo anyway. When your out of bullets it just reloads and keeps on doing that.
Erm, he's talking about LIMITED ammo, not UNLIMITED.

"While preceding your entrance with a grenade is a good tactic in
Quake, it can lead to problems if attempted at work." -- C Hacking

Offline Eclipse

• Soldier
  • :D
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2007, 09:19:04 pm »
A Story mode would work, But i wont know how.
All teh Piezors Shall beh Minezors!

Offline Pie

• Flagrunner
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2007, 09:19:17 pm »
I found a problem, Say i'm using a minimi and my enemy is using an Ak or mp5, how can i scab a completely different bullet type? It would just root my gun up and disable me from being able to kill people... Or what if i'm the only one using an auto aand everyone else uses barret or m79? I can't but grenades in my auto!!!
Maybe this will be implemented in link-dead, Depending on it's game pace and ect... MM did say it is a waaaaaaay more strategic game to play... :\
But in soldat no... i could see people running out of ammo completely and trying to fist each other to death...
Lol, internets.

Offline Eclipse

• Soldier
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2007, 09:21:32 pm »
What if they had Catagorys, Like Deagles and USSOCOM Were 9mm, All the Subs Together, Rilfe/sniper Together and Minimi and Mini together. They roughly use the same calibre.

Offline Shadow G-Unit

• Veteran
  • IRC: S[Ex]eh-Legend
    • Fractured Forums
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2007, 10:03:38 pm »
F11, just retarded. Sorry, but Soldat is fine as it IS with unlimited ammo. All you people keep saying "story mode, story mode, story mode DAMMIT!", will never happen. I am pretty confident that MM has a life. He doesn't work and play Soldat 24/7 like you people think. Geez, he's a human.

Ingame: King Legend.10- | Clan: In10sitY | Prev. Clan: OXiD | M79 Slag

Offline mxyzptlk

• Veteran
  • The Panda Ninja
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2007, 10:25:16 pm »
F11, just retarded. Sorry, but Soldat is fine as it IS with unlimited ammo. All you people keep saying "story mode, story mode, story mode DAMMIT!", will never happen. I am pretty confident that MM has a life. He doesn't work and play Soldat 24/7 like you people think. Geez, he's a human.
It's not saying that it should be in the standard mode, but that it should be a sub-game mode, like advanced.

Offline Pie

• Flagrunner
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2007, 10:28:32 pm »
It's not saying that it should be in the standard mode, but that it should be a sub-game mode, like advanced.
I forsee it being as popular as htf. People would get frustrated," OMFG I CAN'tZ RELOADZ MY GUNZORZS!" *Rage quit* and ect.
Lol, internets.

Offline mxyzptlk

• Veteran
  • The Panda Ninja
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2007, 10:33:25 pm »
I forsee it being as popular as htf. People would get frustrated," OMFG I CAN'tZ RELOADZ MY GUNZORZS!" *Rage quit* and ect.
And yet, HTF has not been removed, because there are some who are hard core HTF players.

The same would possibly be true for this. However, more has been lost by not taking a risk than has ever been lost by taking it. It might flourish like Realistic for all you know.

Offline Pie

• Flagrunner
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2007, 10:40:16 pm »
Eh, all i'm saying is that i wouldn't play it and that i don't see it as being a popular option for people.
I am allowed to express my opinion aren't I?
I never see htf servers anymore, So therefore, i think it is unpopular.
Lol, internets.

Offline mxyzptlk

• Veteran
  • The Panda Ninja
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2007, 10:41:32 pm »
Eh, all i'm saying is that i wouldn't play it and that i don't see it as being a popular option for people.
I am allowed to express my opinion aren't I?
I never see htf servers anymore, So therefore, i think it is unpopular.
Correction- you don't see any HTF -PUBS-. There are plenty. You just have to look for them.

Enough derailing.

F12.

Offline Eclipse

• Soldier
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2007, 01:40:13 am »
I didnt mean it like a mian Game mode, Just like a script, Just like mxyzptlk said

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2007, 07:40:52 am »
Adding a script is something waaay different than adding it as a gamemode. Maybe one of you guys should write a script on this and test it out on your server before agreeing on implementing it to soldat.

And yet, HTF has not been removed, because there are some who are hard core HTF players.

The same would possibly be true for this. However, more has been lost by not taking a risk than has ever been lost by taking it. It might flourish like Realistic for all you know.

Look, we all agree that soldat's a pretty fast-paced game, right? People wouldn't care to run around with no bullets in their gun, just waiting to get pwned. Someone allready brought up the issue of the weapons disappearing too fast as well.

So, there's just no way this will ever be added. It wouldn't be fun at al. I see the point in limited ammo and all, but I have massive doubts that the general mob will have much love for it. See, the players don't want things too complicated. They wanna be able to open soldat, join a server and kill everything that moves. They don't wanna have to consider their ammo as well.

Sorry if this doesn't make sence. I'm still drunk from yesterday.
I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline valion

• Soldier
  • you may run, you may hide. but still he comes
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2007, 11:51:42 am »
i think we're all being a bit hard on the guy. just understand. soldat is a small project made by a guy who likes programing and making easy money. not a major game like halo funded by a large LTD company
Your signature is too big, please read the rules. Keep it under 4 lines of text.

Offline Spasm

• Soldier
  • Elite CTF Owner
    • Elite CTF
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2007, 11:59:42 am »
The average life span is not near long enough to have this put in.  Even if you start with 2 or 3 clips, most of the time you would die before using all of that ammo.  Soldat is known for that crazy run and gun where you kill and die many times a game.
Owner/Founder- Elite CTF -  http://elitectf.com
OwnedVision - http://ownedvision.com
--An EliteCTF Production.
Snipe & Slice - Saw & Law - One Shots

Offline Eclipse

• Soldier
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2007, 02:07:40 pm »
Adding a script is something waaay different than adding it as a gamemode. Maybe one of you guys should write a script on this and test it out on your server before agreeing on implementing it to soldat.

I cant write the script to test, as i cant write scripts. Maybe this should be a script for survival, I mean you dont last long...

Offline Shadow G-Unit

• Veteran
  • IRC: S[Ex]eh-Legend
    • Fractured Forums
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2007, 03:41:57 pm »
Exactly echo and Spasm. It is just a dumb idea.

Ingame: King Legend.10- | Clan: In10sitY | Prev. Clan: OXiD | M79 Slag

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2007, 06:40:19 pm »
I would actually like a story mode.. but soldat its just a gun and run, I can't see any story that would make it more interesting than it already is.
Always remember the succubus...

Offline valion

• Soldier
  • you may run, you may hide. but still he comes
« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2007, 04:14:46 am »
yeah, what kind of story mode could you actualy have in soldat? i mean there isnt a lot that you could do that wouldnt happen in standered games.

although it would be extremly fun. it would need huge maps for this feature to be usable and would most lickely be an INF/TW game
Your signature is too big, please read the rules. Keep it under 4 lines of text.

Offline Pie

• Flagrunner
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2007, 12:02:09 am »
yeah, what kind of story mode could you actualy have in soldat? i mean there isnt a lot that you could do that wouldnt happen in standered games.

although it would be extremly fun. it would need huge maps for this feature to be usable and would most lickely be an INF/TW game
So now it's a subgame mode off of a subgame mode?
Why not just make a script in a tw map? Then youve got a story, Make it so that you have to sneak past green team, and assassinate the blue member?

So script?
Lol, internets.