Author Topic: Limited Ammo/Stealing off dead persons  (Read 11450 times)

Offline Eclipse

• Soldier
  • :D
Re: Limited Ammo/Stealing off dead persons
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2007, 02:18:16 am »
yeah, what kind of story mode could you actualy have in soldat? i mean there isnt a lot that you could do that wouldnt happen in standered games.

although it would be extremly fun. it would need huge maps for this feature to be usable and would most lickely be an INF/TW game

So now it's a subgame mode off of a subgame mode?
Why not just make a script in a tw map? Then youve got a story, Make it so that you have to sneak past green team, and assassinate the blue member?

So script?

I think so yeah...
All teh Piezors Shall beh Minezors!

Offline valion

• Soldier
  • you may run, you may hide. but still he comes
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2007, 07:15:31 am »
yeah, what kind of story mode could you actualy have in soldat? i mean there isnt a lot that you could do that wouldnt happen in standered games.

although it would be extremly fun. it would need huge maps for this feature to be usable and would most lickely be an INF/TW game
So now it's a subgame mode off of a subgame mode?
Why not just make a script in a tw map? Then youve got a story, Make it so that you have to sneak past green team, and assassinate the blue member?

So script?

i wasnt being serious. soldat isn't the kind of game that can have a story/campeign mode. i was just theorising what would this impossible thing be like.
Your signature is too big, please read the rules. Keep it under 4 lines of text.

Offline imacheater2k7

• Soldier
  • Your friendly neighborhood semi-goth.
    • New VGN
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2007, 10:09:25 pm »
Umm.... there's already been a mod that allows Limited ammo in realistic mode. It's called Tactical Soldat. Check it out sometime. (Sorry, no link...)

Offline Barry

• Major(1)
« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2007, 08:32:10 am »
Umm, that mod doesn't do what we're looking for.

I despise those who flame this idea and says that it is retarded. It's a good suggestion and I would like to see it implemented. It would be very cool in R/S, it would be even more tactical.

By the way, if this is so "useless", what do you guys think about Advance mode? It's pretty close to this and yet it's in the game

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2007, 11:18:03 am »
By the way, if this is so "useless", what do you guys think about Advance mode? It's pretty close to this and yet it's in the game

The fact that no one plays advance mode should tell you something.

Also, how the hell is advance mode even remotely related to having limited ammo?
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline Magic Odd Effect

• Camper
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2007, 01:44:21 pm »
Limited weapons, limited ammo.....somewhat similar.

Some awesome servers have Advance mode on...like Decaying Zombies, although it's heavily modded.

So does Leo's RSA, but it's got all modes turned on.

I could see this as an option for servers such as TW, realistic, RS, and RSA.

I think that it would be best if there was no difference between ammo types, a.k.a., you pick up ammo every time you kill someone. That would give this a bit of a Soldat sort of feel, as it would be more simple than reality but still have a bit of tactics to it.

What most of you people don't seem to get is that THIS WOULD ONLY BE IMPLEMENTED AS AN OPTION, IF IT EVER WERE IMPLEMENTED. Don't flame the guy just because he made a simple suggestion, just logically disprove it.

What this topic does prove is that more than a few people are highly opposed to changing and tailoring options for game modes, which would bring new tactics and gameplay. This leads me to believe that those of you who flamed in this topic may be opposed to any sort of change that may somehow alter the gameplay of Soldat (option or no option).

Just remember, if an option comes up that could have amazing opportunities, try to be a little bit more accepting.

Oh, and on this suggestion, I can see it being fun in Trenchwars or realistic, but it must be an option. MUST.

Who the @#&! came up with the "flame a story mode in a suggestion topic having nothing to do with it" idea?
Don't say that you're Magic. Because you aren't, and I am.
All-around good with weapons that aren't long range, except in TW.
Now be careful out there, soldier.
Best Newbie in the May 2007 Soldatforums Member Awards!

Offline Will

• Flagrunner
« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2007, 02:07:03 pm »
I totaly agree with Magic here, people who flame the guys with the new feature/mode suggestion can sometimes be a real pain in the arse for not reading the entire post. I am by no means attacking all the people who are opposing some suggestions, just those that don't have the patience to read everything.

Back on topic, it would bring a whole lot of options for soldat to be modded also, thus mroe players would play it etc.

Offline Barry

• Major(1)
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2007, 03:44:53 am »
The fact that no one plays advance mode should tell you something.
The fact that people do tells me something.

Offline Pie

• Flagrunner
« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2007, 03:51:31 am »
The last thing soldat needs is more options, let alone options that are fairly useless and ones that I wouldn't find entertaining, So no, i still think it's a bad idea.
Lol, internets.

Offline valion

• Soldier
  • you may run, you may hide. but still he comes
« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2007, 05:43:11 am »
im not saying this is a crap idea, but a lot of the maps and gameplay insoldat makes it unfeasable.
people dont usely duck and cover before reloading and advancing.
manny players would then use /mercy to respawn and continue killing.
for this to be any good you'd need survival on and much larger, realistic maps.
Your signature is too big, please read the rules. Keep it under 4 lines of text.

Offline LOL

• Major
  • dont read this! read this --->
« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2007, 11:24:30 am »
i'd probaly say f11 mainly because bodies disaper.

i can imagne everyone running round with no ammo punching each other :P
Life is like a bathtub the longer you stay in it the more wrinkly you get.

Offline Zeating

• Soldier
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2007, 02:12:35 pm »
Guess what did anyone ever think of a NEW GAMEMODE?
If people dont like this ammo collecting sh** well how about we add a new game mode aka : "SOLDAT RPG" in soldat RPG gamemode u can buy weps from a menu, u will need to buy clips/loot them and all the stuff u guys said

Thus fixing all these probs ;)

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2007, 03:43:44 pm »
The last thing soldat needs is more options

Please die now. Thanks.
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline Zeating

• Soldier
« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2007, 03:48:00 pm »
The last thing soldat needs is more options

Please die now. Thanks.
lol pwned

Offline Eclipse

• Soldier
  • :D
« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2007, 04:03:28 pm »
Limited weapons, limited ammo.....somewhat similar.

Some awesome servers have Advance mode on...like Decaying Zombies, although it's heavily modded.

So does Leo's RSA, but it's got all modes turned on.

I could see this as an option for servers such as TW, realistic, RS, and RSA.

I think that it would be best if there was no difference between ammo types, a.k.a., you pick up ammo every time you kill someone. That would give this a bit of a Soldat sort of feel, as it would be more simple than reality but still have a bit of tactics to it.

What most of you people don't seem to get is that THIS WOULD ONLY BE IMPLEMENTED AS AN OPTION, IF IT EVER WERE IMPLEMENTED. Don't flame the guy just because he made a simple suggestion, just logically disprove it.

What this topic does prove is that more than a few people are highly opposed to changing and tailoring options for game modes, which would bring new tactics and gameplay. This leads me to believe that those of you who flamed in this topic may be opposed to any sort of change that may somehow alter the gameplay of Soldat (option or no option).

Just remember, if an option comes up that could have amazing opportunities, try to be a little bit more accepting.

Oh, and on this suggestion, I can see it being fun in Trenchwars or realistic, but it must be an option. MUST.

Who the @#&! came up with the "flame a story mode in a suggestion topic having nothing to do with it" idea?

That would break the M79, Shottie, Saw + LAW.
All teh Piezors Shall beh Minezors!

Offline Iron Man

• Soldier
« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2007, 04:42:16 pm »
how could soldat not have a story mode? few maps with a mix of climb and random bots.. and flags at the end lead to next level. bosses would be possible by making a hard bot and putting you two in a cage fight.

how is that not possible?

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2007, 05:03:46 pm »
how could soldat not have a story mode? few maps with a mix of climb and random bots.. and flags at the end lead to next level. bosses would be possible by making a hard bot and putting you two in a cage fight.

how is that not possible?

Yeah, just make most bots have weak favorite weapons, and get a script that makes them constantly spawn just off-screen (metal slug style)

Offline Zeating

• Soldier
« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2007, 05:06:46 pm »
That whould be soo sweet..

Offline Avis

• Camper
  • Aufmachen, Gestapo
« Reply #58 on: December 06, 2007, 07:46:56 am »
Maybe as a customizable option, but this possibility would "RUIN" the game (sarcasm)

For normal mode - no limit on ammo, period. :/
« Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 07:50:32 am by Avis »
BANG! 5:45 o' clock. It's the police raiding your home, blackmailing you.

Offline Kavukamari

• Camper
  • 3.14159265358979, mmm... pi
« Reply #59 on: December 06, 2007, 11:42:47 am »
Maybe "Campaign Editor"...? >___>

you mean notepad?
"Be mindful of fame, show a mighty courage, watch against foes. Nor shalt thou lack what thou desirest, if with thy life thou hast comest out from that heroic task."