Author Topic: BE access violation  (Read 889 times)

Offline TaviO!

• Major(1)
BE access violation
« on: November 16, 2007, 11:13:19 am »
Ok, I know you people are all sick of reading about this.
First of all, yes, I have read like 50000 topics on this subject before posting this.
-My problem: I installed soldat 1.4.2 and then tried to join a server. Played for like 2 minutes and then I got a message like "user will be kicked for Battle Eye access violation". It happens everytime I join a server.
-Solutions I've tryed: I then started reading several topics in this forum and tried the following (several times): uninstalled soldat, deleted soldat folder, deleted soldat folder on %appdata%. Reinstalled soldat. Joined server, waited to be kicked. Went to $appdata%/soldat folder to see if there was a .new file but nothing was there to be found. All I find there are the client and server dlls. In no point of my life I've ever tried to download that 1.4.1 BE update that seems to be evil.
By the way, when I go to battleye homepage, the download section contains nothing. I'm thrusting this BE software comes with soldat 1.4.2.
I've downloaded soldat 1.4.2 from the official site.
Also, I've tryed to change video settings, video compatibility mode, switched do 640x480 res  yadda yadda yadda and nothing worked.
Please don't tell me to search or read other stuff cuz I've been doing this all morning.
Thanks guys!

Date Posted: November 16, 2007, 11:08:13 am
Ok, turns out all morning wasn't enough. Just read in other topic that using stuff that display on screen, like ATI tray tools cause this problem. I've fixed it and am now playing happily.
Close topic please =D

Offline Eclipse

• Soldier
  • :D
Re: BE access violation
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2007, 02:25:49 pm »
Check Yah Firewall. Sometimes they block this little things....
All teh Piezors Shall beh Minezors!

Offline $able

• BattlEye Developer
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2007, 04:46:25 pm »
Next time please post the violation you get (like "Direct3D Hook" in this case).

Eclipse, normally, if you can play Soldat with your firewall BE should run fine as well.
“First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Eclipse

• Soldier
  • :D
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2007, 09:25:18 pm »
Next time please post the violation you get (like "Direct3D Hook" in this case).

Eclipse, normally, if you can play Soldat with your firewall BE should run fine as well.

Thats what not happend to me. My Computer blocks every program. BE was one of them
All teh Piezors Shall beh Minezors!

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2007, 10:22:38 pm »
But BE runs inside of Soldat. To block BE, you need to block Soldat.
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline chrisgbk

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2007, 02:50:18 am »
Ok, turns out all morning wasn't enough. Just read in other topic that using stuff that display on screen, like ATI tray tools cause this problem. I've fixed it and am now playing happily.
Close topic please =D