Author Topic: New TW maps?  (Read 2365 times)

Offline -Aaron-

• Major
New TW maps?
« on: November 16, 2007, 11:12:37 pm »
Okay so I have been playing TW a long time and there are no new maps, all the old ones are getting boring.

I know Spkka is working on one, But is anyone else working on one?

Were the hell did VTT go!!!!
Quote from: LeetFidle
WTF are you talking bout?! ww2 is fiction feckergot.

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
Re: New TW maps?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2007, 02:16:54 am »
I don't know. He kinda disappeared, unless he posted a last map sort of thing, or said his goodbyes. For all I know, he could be dead. A terrible thought, but possibly true none-the-less :(. Heck, I could die tomorrow from a freak accident. Not much of a pleasant thought though.

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2007, 06:06:40 am »
His last time active was 10 of November, a week ago, so he isn't dead, it would be horrible!!

VTT Profile

He's just inactive...  ;)

Ah... about the map, tell the admins that Tw_Junkyard is a old TW map, but it never was played yet. It's running in TTW (Tactical Trench Wars), It's made by Wraithlike.

Download this map here.

Offline spkka

• Camper
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2007, 06:13:52 am »
Yeah, i think VTT might started playing under a different name. Maybe because of all these ingame interviews ;)
Anyways we could work together to create more TW maps (all upload custom scenery to somewhere)
So that everyone could use eachothers scenery.
Hot or not? We could atleast try.

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2007, 06:20:09 am »
We need a bunch of mappers. I mean the BESTS.  To do something like a team! Have a site where upload the maps that we do, sceneries, and textures, not TMS or SML, i mean a custom one! If we can do it, We would do maps without stop! I mean, if anyone is bored of a map it's doing, give it to the team, and they should end it. I would be motivated!

Offline spkka

• Camper
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2007, 06:24:09 am »
yeah for real. Teams work best. 1 could do a totally white polygonned :o map that someone else will texture/shade lateron. Someone could be working on custom in paint/psp all the time.
Time to get creative imo.

I'll try to think about and might setup something if there are enough that would support the project.

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2007, 06:25:39 am »
I would do UBER-MULTITEXTURED MAPS (I mean +10 textures without any problem) then anyone place sceneries....

Offline -Aaron-

• Major
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2007, 12:52:51 pm »
Yeah, i think VTT might started playing under a different name. Maybe because of all these ingame interviews ;)
Anyways we could work together to create more TW maps (all upload custom scenery to somewhere)
So that everyone could use eachothers scenery.
Hot or not? We could atleast try.

I've played Junkyard  alot, I think I will add it to my rotation on my sever.

Yeah Evrey one would ask him questions about maping. But that dosn't mean he has to stop makeing maps. I liked his maps, tho, he was a sniper, and his maps show it.

Offline VirtualTT

• Veteran
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2007, 08:10:06 am »
Woop-woop! I'm not dead, i  just spent last 5 months at the hospital:/ but i'm still full of fresh mapping ideas. :)

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2007, 08:36:47 am »
Wooooooohooooooo!!!   VTT the king is here!!!  :o
Woha... what did happen to you, dude? I'm waiting for new amazing maps!

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2007, 11:48:19 pm »
Wooooooohooooooo!!! VTT the king is here!!! :o
Woha... what did happen to you, dude? I'm waiting for new amazing maps!

:-\ Sheesh, the kind of publicity some people might avoid...

Well, your appearance was drastically random and unforseeable. The only reason I mentioned the dead factor was because anyone could die at any moment... Nothing is garunteed.

Anywho. I must ask, why in the hospital for 5 months?

Hmm, well lovely. I won't spam my post with comments on your maps or how well you map. I'll leave that to other people :-\. I must say though, when I was more of a newb, your maps seemed beyond compare. They are great, don't get me wrong, and from what I view, contain the utmost level of care and effort. Now I view them as a level of mapping which is in grasp. Maybe not soon, but eventually I hope.

I vote yes for this little team effort of mapping. I would join it as well, if you let me :). Since I don't have the greatest level of ideas when it comes to the map layout, I would try to assume the job of scenery placement if it was not rivaled by anyone better, and if you would let me take effort. It would be nice for once not to have to make the map layout, but still to take part in the creation of a project.

Fun! I hope this is possible and comes together well. I also hope that I may assist and be of assistance in your endevours.

Edit:

Here is a small portion of scenery which is custom. Most of it is made by me, but the clouds were copied off of Yahoo weather ;D. Other little thing aren't by me. The little pictures were taken by me on a roadtrip ;). Yeah, well here is my sample. Probably not much use towards a TW map, but it's scenery nonetheless.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 12:00:25 am by Blacksheepboy »

Offline spkka

• Camper
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2007, 05:25:57 am »
Woop-woop! I'm not dead, i just spent last 5 months at the hospital:/ but i'm still full of fresh mapping ideas. :)

Finally! Joy! You mind telling us what happened in hospital?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 05:40:56 am by spkka »

Offline Pie

• Flagrunner
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2007, 05:53:03 am »
wow, nice to see you again, VTT, i miss you in EC's TW!
A little question, does anyone know of some type of INF tw map layout. Is there a map that has been created like this, ie, ohmaha beach, or the like.
I want to test out a weapons mod :P I also wouldn't mind playing it online :)
Lol, internets.

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2007, 11:07:41 pm »
So, um, still in the works for ideas? Or...is this just dead wishful thinking.

Offline -Aaron-

• Major
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2007, 09:18:14 pm »
OMFG VTT!!! FINALY MAYBE WE WILL GET SOME TW MAPS!!!!! that don't suck.

Offline Suowarrior

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • There will be time when I create maps again.
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2007, 11:21:53 am »
I vote yes for this little team effort of mapping. I would join it as well, if you let me :). Since I don't have the greatest level of ideas when it comes to the map layout, I would try to assume the job of scenery placement if it was not rivaled by anyone better, and if you would let me take effort. It would be nice for once not to have to make the map layout, but still to take part in the creation of a project.
Hmm If you need layouts with polygons, I guess I might try to bring some new ideas which should work on TW maps also. If there is someone who is really ready to do that crappy scenery part and multitexturing, which I hate the most :P