Author Topic: [request] demo player  (Read 1799 times)

Offline Hundkeex

• Major
  • boycott the supervise
[request] demo player
« on: January 20, 2008, 06:43:17 am »
Well, where to start ..
You probably think im requesting another lame demo player that already excists, but you're wrong. I would like someone to make a demo player that are similar to Winamp or Windows Media Player. Other programs like esdee or esdoo are really annoying since you need to open soldat everytime to watch the demos - and i dont want that! I want a simple program that i can open and play demos in it. I would really appreciate if somebody could do that.

Offline chrisgbk

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
Re: [request] demo player
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 06:45:55 am »
Not possible to do.

Offline Hundkeex

• Major
  • boycott the supervise
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2008, 07:19:44 am »
Reason? I mean, if people can hack Soldat and make pants invisible and stuff, it should be possible to make a simple demo player.

Offline chrisgbk

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2008, 10:48:20 am »
Said hacks are very simple things that someone with very basic knowledge can do.

The demo format is not a video format; playing it back essentially requires someone to recode all of Soldat, and also break the encryption used.

Offline mar77a

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • mad
    • random stuffs
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2008, 11:32:43 am »
I talked with both chrisgbk and MM about this and it's really not possible cause the demos are just a dump of the packets. You'd need to reveal the encryption used between the client and the server, which isn't worth since it'd allow for tons and tons of hacks.

Offline Doc

• Soldier
    • Soldat Files Directory
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2008, 01:13:10 pm »
heh i was wondering once if i could recreate the engine for the demo to avi converter posobility  but yeah the fact that it is encripted makes it imposible

lol hund gets rejected badly here, feel sorry for him