Poll

Bananas win.

Bananas.
21 (70%)
Bananas.
9 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Author Topic: +Computer Geeked+ 2nd Release {v0.90}  (Read 6849 times)

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
+Computer Geeked+ 2nd Release {v0.90}
« on: November 18, 2007, 10:23:50 pm »
  +Computer Geeked+ {Wip [/size]
Second Release
Here is my mod that I've been working on lately. It is mostly just a bunch of guns unrelated to reality at all. I also have modded some gosteks. It's getting somewhereish.

The story for this one:

How This Came to Be:

Some soldiers of the Alpha were going to infiltrate a Bravo base, as always. This base just so happened to be inside an abnormally large computer. Little did the squad leader know, this mission was special. The Bravo team had been working on a special weapon here to transform enemy soldiers and their gear into something else completely random. Generally, from Bravo's tests, the machine would change the enemy into something relating to their environment.

Well, as the story continues on... Alpha squad is approaching the Bravo base and testing facilities inside this abnormally large computer. They start to open fire on some unsuspecting Bravo troops patrolling outside and eliminate them quickly. As the sound of gunfire raises the alarms, the Bravo set in command of the facility decides to test their new weapon upon the Alpha squad.

With 20 troops at the ready, the Bravo defence sends opposing fire toward the undercover Alpha squad as they buy time to set ready their new machine of transformation. Once ready, the machine humms to power. All Bravo team ceases fire and gains cover back inside the facility.

The Alpha team, believing they sent Bravo team retreating, cautiously leave their cover to gain ground. Instantly, the machine of transformation and randomness beams the Alpha team, and instantly, according to their surroundings (a high technology computer and facility), Alpha team and their gear are turned immediately into completely random things, also having the theme of computer accessories.

End of story.

Meh, a decent story. It serves its purpose...hopefully ;). So far, I haven't edited any of the weapon.ini's yet but I randomly made some... stuff. I have almost all of the weapons done. I also have a really screwed up version of the Alpha squad gosteks. I'm somewhat new to modding and only originally made this for my own entertainment.

^From oldest to newest^

^Gostek with Steyr Aug^

I've got nothing else to show for this mod, but I'm workin on it. I really don't know why I'm actually doing this, but whatever. It's purely just for fun.

Beta2 download (almost) ready

See the post at the bottom of the page for more details on the 0.90 version (beta2 release).

Notes: Spencer Rifle originally contributed by Kevin for a previous mod attempt of mine. Yep, so creds to him for the gun.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 12:04:06 am by Blacksheepboy »

Offline Henito Kisou

• Flagrunner
  • Cursed Mind
    • Me on deviantART
Re: Computer Geeked+ {Wip}
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 12:17:56 am »
Not bad idea, more originality can be result as better mod if not goes in wrong way at project stage. ;)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 12:21:56 am by Henito Kisou »

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 07:52:07 am »
Lol! Try to upgrade it :]
i love that XP Minigun :P and the mouse to. Try better, you can!

Offline xtishereb

• Flagrunner
  • I swear, my chainsaw killed you on its own.
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 05:15:34 pm »
Replace the Deagles with speakers or something.
Maybe get a lava lamp in there. I've got one next to my computer. I've also got a couple dozen origami tetrahedrons on top of my monitor, so maybe I'm not the best standard.

In any case, you've got good ideas, just work on your shading and you'll be good.
<3*xwd
love conquers all

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
Computer Geeked+ {v0.7}
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2007, 12:17:07 am »
Replace the Deagles with speakers or something.
Maybe get a lava lamp in there. I've got one next to my computer. I've also got a couple dozen origami tetrahedrons on top of my monitor, so maybe I'm not the best standard.

In any case, you've got good ideas, just work on your shading and you'll be good.

Thanks for the ideas. Anyone want to make me an actually bottle instead of the water glass that I have? I really don't like that water glass. I would use alpha for that, but the weapons can't be pngs. Maybe I'll replace it with a milk bottle, like the old ones that people used to get in the early 1900's.

I've also decided to edit the bullets, clips and everything else as well. I don't know why I through a persian carpet in there, and that probably doesn't even look persian, but it was random. I guess that was the point. I've started to work on some shading.

Date Posted: November 19, 2007, 07:16:47 pm
Version Update:

New version. I guess now it's officially version 0.7. I'll have a download uploaded sometime soon. I'm working on a map now based off of my story. My map teaser is below.

Alright, my various changes include that of add some shading to some of the weapons...I'll put up a list:

Updates:
  • Changed Desert Eagles; now "glasses"
  • Edited and fixed many of the ingame gfx: the Rapidfire Covert Wand now has alpha properties, also changed bullet to be almost invisible in dark maps; "covert" bullets
  • Messed around with weapons.ini: the mouse has rate of fire increase, damage and accuracy decrease; great for close combat, lacking in distance
  • Fixed Gostek to look less...awkward; will have new updates soon
  • Fixed and change a lot of other things; I've only mentioned a sample here...

^Gostek holding Rapidfire C.W.^

Now my map that I'm including in this is mainly based off of the little story I wrote up above. It will be in a mission style, where it's survival and realistic. Basically, you would start on a table in a room, advance until you eventually get to the computer tower used as a Bravo Technologies Facility. From there, you infiltrate the facility, steal the information to their new secret weapon: Machine of ~Random Transformation.

This would take place during the story/after the story. I haven't decided yet though... I suppose the Alpha squad in the little story could retreat, only to come back again to take their revenge. I would have specific bots for this story as well so that you would start out with a well rounded and hopefully strong Alpha team.

I have many ideas for this, so this is just my little teaser. I thought it looked decent enough to be one, so I present you with my work so far:

^Click to enlarge^
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 07:32:02 pm by Blacksheepboy »

Offline Henito Kisou

• Flagrunner
  • Cursed Mind
    • Me on deviantART
Re: Computer Geeked+ {v0.7}
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2007, 03:25:56 am »
So, nice because you have 3 ways for mission map:
1 - enemy flag in bravo base, your flag in alpha base
2 - enemy flag in your base, your flag in enemy base
3 - both flags at end of the level
First - classic inf, but good for steal levels
Second - for assasination/invasion/action levels
Third - for escape/adventure levels

Also you can add special path with secret exit/end or make multi-path, which you can select for easy, medium or hard difficulty and designed to activated mode: advance, realistic, survival. Godd sceneries are optional, but you can make some to imitate advanced action like activated panel, hacking computer, opening gate, pickup items, evading boss missiles and take him damage at key places...

Offline Aarni Valkea

• Soldier
  • R-tisht
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2007, 08:18:50 am »
I think the staple gun is just genious. I don't like "funny" mods too much, but you got some nice ideas there. Oh, and just to give some constructive criticism, you should remove the staple in front of the staplegun. It doesn't really fit, mostly because it has no outline (that is, unless you just copypasted it from the weapons-gfx to show it here...)
Where life has no value, death has a price!

Offline Valorman

• Flagrunner
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2007, 06:04:38 pm »
The concept is great. I can't say much about the weapons though, I'm sure you can tell they need work.

Offline gingerspam

• Major
  • I can has cheeez burrger...
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2007, 03:07:37 am »
i did one like this a long time ago

Offline LeetFidle

• Camper
  • Poop!
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2007, 11:24:12 am »
lolz like the idea.
Holy Poop!

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
0.81 Update
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2008, 12:20:29 am »
Hurm, haven't worked on this in a bit since a zombie map is now consuming my Soldat time. What ought I change the Barret to? I guess I shouldn't ask this question since it should be my own random ideas...

Alright then, how exactly would you manage an alpha transparency sort of thing for the ingame weapons correctly? The way I've done it, the original bright green background kind of shows up in the weapon. That may be a simple fix though...

Date Posted: December 05, 2007, 01:13:20 am
0.72 + 0.80 + 0.81 Update

K, small update and a big bump. I've updated the Water Glass in-game so that the glass now has alpha transparency and looks much better. Also the gosteks were changed to look a lot whiter :P. Geeze, get some sunlight. Also, the Rapidfire C.W. was edited to look a little better, as were the bullets. The bullets used to look rather black and too dark. Now, it has more transparency with a reddish-bluish tinge. Not much else was changed, but I'll repost the weapons list anyway. The Water Glass water pellets (bullets) were updated.

Water Glass

Rapidfire Covert Wand

New Helm and Keyboard

New Hats + Buffer Bravo Gostek (far left: Bravo team, far right: Bravo+flamer+helm)

« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 11:33:02 pm by Blacksheepboy »

Offline Henito Kisou

• Flagrunner
  • Cursed Mind
    • Me on deviantART
Re: +Computer Geeked+ {v0.72}
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2008, 04:40:48 pm »
So alpha are the mutants and bravo are normal enemy forces?
I really looking forwad to this mod, coz I like the idea and weapons, also that seems to be something very different and unique, than most of funny/crazy mods :P
Keep working on it. ;)

PS. Dont forget about gostek/weapon sounds in final, to be included in public releases! :)

Because good sounds are half of the mod theme and ratings from other modders/players.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 04:51:37 pm by Henito Kisou »

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
Re: +Computer Geeked+ Beta Release {v0.81}
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2008, 12:43:02 am »
Meh, I guess your right. What sounds would I use for shooting a pellet through a straw? I guess for the staple gun: self explanatory but a stapler sound might be really annoying since it's automatic and somewhat rapid fire.

Alpha team is the somewhat mutant team, but are also the "good guys," at least in my story. Alpha will just look only slightly different, with just a couple changes. I won't do a complete do-over on the gosteks. Bravo might be changed a little.

Thanks for the encouragement ;D

Date Posted: January 27, 2008, 05:33:07 pm
Well well, I've done some more editing lately. Removed the "Glasses" which are now replaced with the "Golden Gun." See the updated weapons menu in last update post (the one with the close-ups of gostek stuff). Also changed weapons menu background to something better.

Ingame weapons look better. I spent some time updating all of that. I found out why the weapons with alpha looked green, so I fixed that. The Keyboard recieved a small do-over. It's not completely different, but looks much better than the previous version, both ingame and in the menu.

Getting closer to a public release, but I still need to manage sounds :-. Also, Bravo team still needs some touchups. Progress is being decently made for once. I plan to have this thing done in less than a month, possibly sooner.

Yep.

Edit:

The Staple Gun now shoots staples which are awesome :). Also, Golden Gun gets lovely golden bullets. Very fun to use for some odd reason.

Date Posted: January 30, 2008, 05:23:24 pm
Download at Top

Alright, finally I have released the Beta. No sounds yet. I updated the weapons.ini files to fit somewhat to each weapon. The mouse shoots quite a lot quicker but has lots of spread and less damage. The other weapons have been edited accordingly.

Adjustments have been made to the Bravo team bots: they look a little more imposing (made em thicker and stronger looking). Each team's helmet has a specific theme them to them, and the hats have been edited. Altogether, Bravo looks more military, and Alpha looks a little more rediculous/strange.

Once again, see top post for download.

Date Posted: February 03, 2008, 05:58:58 pm
Woot quadruple post.

Ok, I have redone the golden guns, but now it looks like a big banana with a trigger... So use Golden Guns, or Bananas?

I'm perplexed, so someone ought to respond :P.

I think I vote bananas. I shall make this a poll because I'm determined to find out what peoples think [retard]
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 12:56:40 am by Blacksheepboy »

Offline Kagesha

• Flagrunner
  • cunts
Re: +Computer Geeked+ GGs vs Bananas {v0.81}
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2008, 01:10:53 am »
Wheres the rubberband gun?!?!?! THERE SHOULD BE A RUBBERBAND GUN!?

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2008, 06:55:45 pm »

Hah, no. Possibly I'll have some super long range rubber band gun in place of the sniper which I haven't really redone yet. Thanks for the idear.

Yea, bananas rock ;D

Offline Henito Kisou

• Flagrunner
  • Cursed Mind
    • Me on deviantART
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2008, 08:44:18 pm »

Hah, no. Possibly I'll have some super long range rubber band gun in place of the sniper which I haven't really redone yet. Thanks for the idear.

Yea, bananas rock ;D
Your mod rocks, mostly because you trying best as you can, not for prove all how are you mastah, because of natural modding, you will success with this mod. Also mapper who trying modding is even more appreciated.

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
2nd Release Announcement
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2008, 08:15:38 pm »
2nd Release
The second phase in the process of this mod. First phase is basically done. All of the basics have been completely for the most part. Now for all of the finer details! 

Information:

• Changed Barret into High Powered (HP) Rubberband Rifle
  • Implemented Banana guns in place of the Golden Guns
  • Change sight from white to sky blue
  • Edited and improved Bravo Gosteks
  • Improved weapon interface graphics for several guns
  • Changed the frag grenade to an Orange
  • Change the Cluster nade into the Lemon Nade (no pun intended..)
  • Changed the Medikit to the Medibarrel
  • Sorta change Predator into a wannabe Ninja...it failed
  • Did a lot of other editing but I honestly don't remember it all...See for yourself ;)

I know I basically just changed the hues of each grenade but I'll eventually edit each to be more akin to their own kind.

I decided to go sound hunting, and only managed to replace the grenade sound, which is just another explosion.. Where would I find sounds for all of random weapons? I suppose I could use Worms Armageddon for a couple ;D. I definitely want to change the spawn and capture sounds, but I have yet to decide what they will be. Meh.

The mod-map is basically done. See for yourself: inf_Computer Sector

Downloads at top^
Enjoy!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 12:03:06 am by Blacksheepboy »

Offline Kagesha

• Flagrunner
  • cunts
Re: +Computer Geeked+ 2nd Release {v0.90}
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2008, 04:14:15 am »
Yay you added a rubberband gun!!!! WOOO *Downloads* Sick (H) THe other guns are pretty cool too ;D

Offline rumpel

• Camper
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2008, 01:22:47 pm »
i like it :P
banned.

Offline Aarni Valkea

• Soldier
  • R-tisht
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2008, 11:35:01 am »
Haha I like it. I love the way every weapon is so different and so random ^^

And props to you for actually having a map made for the mod!
Where life has no value, death has a price!

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2008, 11:50:27 pm »
Haha I like it. I love the way every weapon is so different and so random ^^

And props to you for actually having a map made for the mod!

Ahaha, thanks ;).

Offline Kevin

• Soldier
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2008, 12:03:08 pm »
Replace the scissors with the pointer *hinthint*

It makes more sense.
And great mod :)

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2008, 01:57:09 am »
Ah, hi there Kevin. Well, you can see your Spencer Rifle going to good use ;) lol... Thanks for the attempts made with the Civil War mod. It never really got anywhere... as I'm sure you've noticed.

Offline Konf1ikt

• Major(1)
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2008, 12:43:41 pm »
Nice. That is one hardcore staple gun. I got shot by a staple gun once.

Nice mod!

I do whatever my Rice Krispies tell me to.