Author Topic: Myspace hoax victim  (Read 4128 times)

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
Myspace hoax victim
« on: November 19, 2007, 07:04:17 pm »
The whole story, here: http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/21882976/?GT1=10547

The whole discussion space: In reply space.

What is your opinion about the outcome of this partially shocking event that myspace somehow caused?

All I can say is, don't let a depressed, slightly overweight, suicidal girl go on myspace anymore.

=\

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
Re: Myspace hoax victim
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 07:16:38 pm »
Wow, at first i felt a bit of sadness, but who takes myspace seriously. Who takes the internet seriously? What a pathetic and stupid person. "zomg i cnt deel wf my nonexistent problems." How pathetic.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline bja888

• Flagrunner
  • Working
    • Bja888.com
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 07:17:36 pm »
hahaha, survival of the fittest. The weak will die.

Offline .::Blaze::.

• Camper
  • `LMS|Blaze^
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 07:23:57 pm »
myspace is a joke...anyone who takes it serioulsy is dumb....If she really wanted love there is eharmony and stuff like that. Myspace in quote "A Place for friends." no where do i see "Place to make relationships that can ruin your life."
hey little kid you want some candy, "yes". GET IN THE VAN!

Offline Vilho

• Soldier
  • Scandinavian
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2007, 07:24:36 pm »
How pathetic.

We're talking the same language, brother.

Anyhoo, I almost went emo apesh*t when I read that the girl's parents wanted an apology. To Hell with that, it's not the boy's nor his parents fault if she was such foolish and weak.

Now THAT'S 'nuff said.

Offline .::Blaze::.

• Camper
  • `LMS|Blaze^
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2007, 07:27:21 pm »
no one wanted her hidious A$$ anyways. Hehe he should get a reward for killing another one of em' ugly biotches lol
hey little kid you want some candy, "yes". GET IN THE VAN!

Offline Nfsjunkie91

• Camper
  • Just what I needed. A box of sh-t.
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2007, 07:32:54 pm »
If she really wanted love there is eharmony and stuff like that.

Aaaahahahahahahahahaa

Seriously though, people take the internet too seriously.

Offline blackdevil0742

• Veteran
  • Don't Panic
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2007, 07:43:53 pm »
So the people responible for this are still alive?
I would kill them if they did something to one in my family.

OBEY!!!

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2007, 08:02:15 pm »
Talkie talk talk talkie talk, I doubt most of the people here have the spine to pull the trigger.

Before you read this paragraph know that I believe any teenage death is horrible.

Anyway it really is a sad day when someone claims justice for a suicide. The parents only care about their daughter to get invovled after her death. In the article the parents claimed to have talked to the kid daily... I highly doubt that. Besides they are parents... pull the plug to her computer. If the family that pulled the prank gets charged with anything that means every single bully that picked on a nerd or fat kid that killed himself should be charged as well. Reading a bit more into the article its clear this girl had some major issue  and this small one just sparked it. Again part of the blame goes to the parents for not actually doing something before its too late.

Edit:
Anyone else get less and less sympathy the more you read into it?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 08:08:14 pm by † »
@ii

Offline Veritas

• Camper
  • Waco
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2007, 08:28:08 pm »
I expect people to laugh at this sort of thing over at 4chan, but finding it here? Wow.

This is not a rational adult we are dealing with here, it is an emotional 13 year old girl. The adult that should have been rational, the mother of the other family, used MySpace as a vehicle to call a 13 year old girl fat and a slut, and you're laughing at the 13 year old?

If the family that pulled the prank gets charged with anything that means every single bully that picked on a nerd or fat kid that killed himself should be charged as well.
So what are you suggesting, we no longer charge those responsible with the harassment that leads to suicide?
That makes perfect sense.
DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHED

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2007, 08:31:01 pm »
So what are you suggesting, we no longer charge those responsible with the harassment that leads to suicide?
So what are people to be criminally charged because some cannot take heavy doses of reality? I am sure you never made fun of anyone in your life... you are an angel. Please teach me your ways.
@ii

Offline chrisgbk

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2007, 08:32:33 pm »
Talkie talk talk talkie talk, I doubt most of the people here have the spine to pull the trigger.

Before you read this paragraph know that I believe any teenage death is horrible.

Anyway it really is a sad day when someone claims justice for a suicide. The parents only care about their daughter to get invovled after her death. In the article the parents claimed to have talked to the kid daily... I highly doubt that. Besides they are parents... pull the plug to her computer. If the family that pulled the prank gets charged with anything that means every single bully that picked on a nerd or fat kid that killed himself should be charged as well. Reading a bit more into the article its clear this girl had some major issue and this small one just sparked it. Again part of the blame goes to the parents for not actually doing something before its too late.

Edit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mqrt-SBjVTk

How does that video sum up your thoughts?

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2007, 08:33:51 pm »
If the family that pulled the prank gets charged with anything that means every single bully that picked on a nerd or fat kid that killed himself should be charged as well.
We didn't before. The family is being irrational because of their loss, someone cannot (or at least should not) be charged retrospectively.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2007, 08:37:05 pm »

Anyway it really is a sad day when someone claims justice for a suicide. The parents only care about their daughter to get invovled after her death. In the article the parents claimed to have talked to the kid daily... I highly doubt that. Besides they are parents... pull the plug to her computer. If the family that pulled the prank gets charged with anything that means every single bully that picked on a nerd or fat kid that killed himself should be charged as well. Reading a bit more into the article its clear this girl had some major issue and this small one just sparked it. Again part of the blame goes to the parents for not actually doing something before its too late.

Edit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mqrt-SBjVTk

How does that video sum up your thoughts?
No.
@ii

Offline Veritas

• Camper
  • Waco
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2007, 08:37:46 pm »
So what are people to be criminally charged because some cannot take heavy doses of reality? I am sure you never made fun of anyone in your life... you are an angel. Please teach me your ways.
So calling this girl a slut is heavy doses of reality?
Harassment is now heavy doses of reality?
I'm sorry but condoning the harassment of a 13 year old girl by an adult is, bar none, the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.

Also, I enjoy that you somehow draw the conclusion that I've never made fun of anyone in my life. Thats very relevant!

We didn't before.
What the hell are you talking about? Do you honestly believe there has never been a case where someone has, in fact, been charged with harassment?

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2007, 08:47:17 pm »
So calling this girl a lady is heavy doses of reality?
Harassment is now heavy doses of reality?
I'm sorry but condoning the harassment of a 13 year old girl by an adult is, bar none, the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.

Also, I enjoy that you somehow draw the conclusion that I've never made fun of anyone in my life. Thats very relevant!
I love the fact you think I am condoning this. Yes harassment is a heavy does of reality... the reality that there are people in this world that love to cause people pain. She got wind of that early in life... just couldn't handle it to find out it wasn't real.  Then again finding out could have caused this anyway... btw congrats on missing my point that this just triggered something that was already there.

The insult thing was a point... which its obvious you don't get... go think about it and get back to me when you got it.
@ii

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2007, 08:52:47 pm »
Not online. At that time there was no law against making fun of someone. Oh: "Megan's parents are now separated and plan to divorce." stupid ass parents have no clue.

Also the parent made the account to see what she was saying to her daughter, someone else in the family whose name is not mentioned was who actually used it to harass the girl.

I am going to break down who is responsible and why:
Parents: For being total retards who can't raise a kid worth shit.
Other family: From the article, that seemed to be the straw that broke the camel's back, I would like to see some quotes from these messages, something with some kind of proof of harassment.
The girl herself: What the hell are you doing on myspace. Not only is she incapable of looking for some help from the people she trusts (see: parents) She also shouldn't have even been on myspace to begin with (see: myspace terms of service)

Offline Iq Unlimited

• Flagrunner
  • mr. foobar2000
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2007, 08:54:42 pm »
well, this is why quote Iq Unlimited: "Myspace is teh shit."

Offline Veritas

• Camper
  • Waco
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2007, 09:03:36 pm »
I love the fact you think I am condoning this. Yes harassment is a heavy does of reality... the reality that there are people in this world that love to cause people pain. She got wind of that early in life... just couldn't handle it to find out it wasn't real.  Then again finding out could have caused this anyway... btw congrats on missing my point that this just triggered something that was already there.
Once again you're rationalizing the harassment by calling it a heavy dose of reality, and that those who harassed her were not responsible for what the harassment caused.
I mean, honestly, she was caused pain such that she felt it necessary to kill herself and you're saying its just saying "Well thats life?"

handle it to find out it wasn't real.
Do you mean that she killed herself because Josh wasn't real?
If so, I recommend you reread the article.
If not, I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

The insult thing was a point... which its obvious you don't get... go think about it and get back to me when you got it.
Get back to me when you learn how to insult someone properly. You were using sarcasm as a tool to degrade my previous point, not insult me.

Not online. At that time there was no law against making fun of someone.
A law formally criminalizing online harassment was signed into law January 2006.
She hanged herself October 2006.
So, yes, there was a law.

Also the parent made the account to see what she was saying to her daughter, someone else in the family whose name is not mentioned was who actually used it to harass the girl.
Do you people actually read the article or just like to draw your own conclusions from out of nowhere.
"The mother from down the street told police that she, her daughter and another person all typed and monitored the communication between the fictitious boy and Megan."

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2007, 09:12:37 pm »
Once again you're rationalizing the harassment by calling it a heavy dose of reality, and that those who harassed her were not responsible for what the harassment caused.
I mean, honestly, she was caused pain such that she felt it necessary to kill herself and you're saying its just saying "Well thats life?"
Yes that is life, and congrats again for missing my point of this incident being the trigger of something deeper.

Do you mean that she killed herself because Josh wasn't real?
If so, I recommend you reread the article.
If not, I'm not sure what you're trying to say.
Pretty clear... very clear to be honest... crystal...

Any I will spell it out... she couldn't handle it long enough to find out it wasn't real.  The boy that is.

Get back to me when you learn how to insult someone properly. You were using sarcasm as a tool to degrade my previous point, not insult me.
It is a point... get back to me when you are not a moron...

See that last bit right there? That was an insult. Getting the idea?
@ii