Author Topic: Barret considered a nooby gun  (Read 8652 times)

Offline Remedy

• Major(1)
Re: Barret considered a nooby gun
« Reply #60 on: December 13, 2007, 08:33:29 pm »
Barret is an overpowered noobweapon imo

Offline mxyzptlk

• Veteran
  • The Panda Ninja
« Reply #61 on: December 16, 2007, 12:25:54 am »
Says the level 2 spammer with only ten posts. Do you have any evidence of that? How much have you used the Barrett?

Explain what you mean instead of just using a blanket statement like that. It is extremely well balenced in my opinion, thanks to the horrendous reload times and fire delay that you need to anticipate. Some mght say that it is actually a rather bad weapon, regardless of being a one hit kill.

Explain what you mean, please.

"While preceding your entrance with a grenade is a good tactic in
Quake, it can lead to problems if attempted at work." -- C Hacking

Offline Rangedmage14

• Soldier
  • got water?
« Reply #62 on: December 16, 2007, 10:07:42 am »
I have used the barrett so much in my days, I can use it very efficently, the people who say its a nubgun, can't use it at all.

Cubeboy is alt pro and his main weapon is the barrett. Tell me how that is? If he is basically pro and uses barrett, that makes him nub? No, he just perfected the gun.

There is no nub gun in soldat, every gun has its own advantage, it just makes you the better player to find out how to use all the guns efficently, and I'm sure MM knew what he was doing when he put the barrett in, and m79 is neither a nub gun either, its a good 1 hit kill, you just need to get good with it before you can call it a nub gun.

Yeah, most of the people who call it a nub gun, just can't use it or get owned with it, and thats a little sad, huh? If you actually were good with it... then you wouldn't call it a nub gun.
Respect All
Fear None

Offline FearTheReaper

• Major
« Reply #63 on: December 16, 2007, 12:14:28 pm »
Isn't Remedy the guy someone was saying totally pwned everybody with Barrett?

EDIT: I think it might have been in "best player for each weapon".

Offline .Long-Range

• Camper
« Reply #64 on: December 16, 2007, 12:28:24 pm »
I think of the Barrett M82A1 as the AWP rifle in CS.
For signatures, you are allowed only one image in your signature which may not be wider and taller than 300 and 125 pixels, and may not be over 20kB in file size. No BMPs are allowed.

Offline mxyzptlk

• Veteran
  • The Panda Ninja
« Reply #65 on: December 16, 2007, 12:41:35 pm »
I think of the Barrett M82A1 as the AWP rifle in CS.
The AWP is so much more powerful than the Barrett. The AWP has reason to be hated, while the Barrett is only useful in good hands.

Offline .Ryan.

• Soldier
« Reply #66 on: December 16, 2007, 01:05:20 pm »
In most cs servers they banned the use of AWP, because it was overpowered and way too easy to kill someone, however in soldat you have the bink, the reload time the bolt action delay between each shots.. plus the fact that sometimes the shot doesnt even register damage.. it's balanced out but still deadly in the hands of a great sniper.

It's the same story with all the weapons theres a big scary circle of advantages and disadvantages. Build a bridge and get over it.?

Offline Remedy

• Major(1)
« Reply #67 on: December 17, 2007, 06:54:22 am »
Says the level 2 spammer with only ten posts. Do you have any evidence of that? How much have you used the Barrett?

Explain what you mean instead of just using a blanket statement like that. It is extremely well balenced in my opinion, thanks to the horrendous reload times and fire delay that you need to anticipate. Some mght say that it is actually a rather bad weapon, regardless of being a one hit kill.

Explain what you mean, please.

Was joking tbh, I play nothing but barrett + socom. after all these years i just find it easy, that is all. Im well aware of bink and move acc but that is never a problem since there are ways to counter it

Offline Jaakarhu

• Major(1)
« Reply #68 on: December 17, 2007, 10:08:24 am »
yea forum = life = soldat, man you gotta love these innocent people who think that every old school player reads or posts in soldatforums as often as they do.

ps. i liked dnagames forum more  :(

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #69 on: December 17, 2007, 10:18:23 am »
I'm a sniper to the core, and I've learned pretty fast that people who you constantly gank with long-range shots are going to start calling you a n00b eventually. The only "Barrett n00bs" are the ones who do the whole rushing-point-blank-shot thing.
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)
And we still don't know if dead guys can keep a stiffy.

Offline jerich

• Camper
« Reply #70 on: December 17, 2007, 11:17:10 am »
There aren't any nooby weapons, just nooby players.
Clan: R7 | The Ruthless

Offline mxyzptlk

• Veteran
  • The Panda Ninja
« Reply #71 on: December 17, 2007, 12:55:33 pm »
Amen, jerich.

@Jaakaru: He posts like a noob, I assume he's a noob.

@Remedy: That's how I play as well, serves me well usually.