Author Topic: ctf/dm Greenlock Fields  (Read 1023 times)

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
ctf/dm Greenlock Fields
« on: October 22, 2007, 08:29:30 pm »
Here is another map I whipped up today. I guess I was thinking about soldatens frolicking in a bright green field with tall grass. So there you have it, my bright green field. Not much to it, but I could add more in the future. That's why it is this section of the forums! So give me some input, and it would be much obliged.

No texture stretching...I suppose it could have some... Well, I like the way it is. I suppose you could consider it a TrenchWar map without the trenches, and with a very bright happy feeling. Some of the bushes do have colliders, and that dead little patch has some spray blocking as well.

No download yet...but enjoy anyways!

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
Re: ctf/dm Greenlock Fields
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 02:46:32 am »
Only this? I know you can do it a lot better. The green is too saturated, too bright for my taste, some random placed trees, no shades...  well, now the constructive criticism.

---

Maybe a building in the middle or at the sides would convert this map in a CTF or maybe TM.
A better polygon structure.
Try to add some shades in the ground and more ground vegetation, use fog2.bmp and add some king of clouds very high.

I g2g, more criticism later, dude. Keep working on it.

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 09:51:23 pm »
Thanks for your feedback and the constructive ideas.

Well, now for my little speal. I made the map to be a green happy frolicking map, where there are no dark buildings, no ominous clouds, and a bunch of grass and happy trees. I see your points exactly, and would normally change my map, but in this circumstance, I plan to keep it bright and green, and frolicky.

I could use some critism on Volcan Caverness though! Over there is where the serious mapping is being attempted. This wasn't all that serious.

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2007, 08:20:05 am »
Maybe multitexture this would make the map happier... just give it a try, if you don't know multitexture see Anna's multitexturing tutorial, with that tut you can use as many textures you want... even 10 and more...

Lime green in the whole map isn't good, it looks like you didn't spend much time on this (I suppose this just was done for fun). Big polygons, not a good polygon structure to color the map then. The background trees are completely lime green

For me looks weird... too light colors, but well if this is what you want i won't say you this is bad.

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2007, 07:03:01 pm »
Well, I see your point. I know how to multitexture and have done it in several maps. Thanks for the help though. I know what yah mean...I guess I should say that the only changes to this would end up making a seperate map and leaving this the way it is. I will use your ideas for a new map most likely, but I guess we'll see...

Offline Laser Guy

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2007, 09:53:44 am »
I guess I'll work on this one myself :D
Text goes here...

Offline w00titsme

• Soldier
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2007, 04:28:02 pm »
Definently keep this the way it is, if people spray let them spray, this is very original; apart from the crowded messes of new age soldat maps. 10/10.
Make your Coca Cola fresh!