Author Topic: Soldat  (Read 959 times)

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
Soldat
« on: May 13, 2010, 06:32:21 am »
I was not around for much of it at all, but Soldat has been awesome for roughly 7 years.

You see, it's not just the game mechanics that make soldat great.  It's the community behind it, the community that has (mostly) experienced the joys of playing such an awesome game.  Ever since 1.5.0, I have seen only degradation in the community.  Those classic games that used to go on well into the night, hours of cracking jokes, catching up with mates, casually chatting with sometimes complete strangers, and just having a grand old time.  I used to do this regularly, but now it's getting harder and harder.  It's just the way Soldat has been handled lately.  All of the new features do nothing but take away from what I personally consider my reason to play Soldat.  It's the fact that our basic needs have not been met, and the community simply cannot survive on the garbage we're being fed.

I'm not giving up on Soldat just yet, this is just my personal view and I think the current development "team" is overlooking some of these things.

Cheers for a GREAT experience, MM.  But please, let's not bring it to an end like this.

Player since late 2007