Author Topic: Finland Armoury  (Read 3968 times)

Offline Aarni Valkea

• Soldier
  • R-tisht
Finland Armoury
« on: November 27, 2007, 03:52:21 pm »
*UPDATE* Scroll down to see updated weapons and a new download.

Hello again, after a while. I've been working on a mod about weapons used by Finland's army and police. Originally, it was supposed to be a full modification, but I can't think of any clever interfaces or gosteks, and I still cannot make the sfx:s.

I've worked on the graphics a lot, but I don't know about the balance. If you want to, I can add a text file with English names, but I believe Finnish names fit it.

I think I'll be going away. I haven't been here for long, so I don't expect any teary goodbyes or anything, just thought I'd tell you. I'll be still checking the mod boards every now and then.

Enjoy.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 07:31:04 am by Aarni Valkea »
Where life has no value, death has a price!

Offline TBDM

• Flagrunner
Re: Finland Armoury
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2007, 03:57:40 pm »
nice, but the JaTiMatic looks so small compared to the rest,pretty weird.

Remington = sex
Dragunov misses scope?

pretty nice overall, could use a bit work on shading.

8/10

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2007, 03:58:59 pm »
really nice shadding!
I love that Barrett and the Aplias... its a rocket launcher?
The regminton is awesome, the best...
and i don't like that kind of HK69 the Ysimilliset, just i don't like the last cannon part... well Downloading

EDIT: well finish the graphics.. is not all on the dl... uhmm that happens to me because i don't read...
TBDM i think that you can have a Dragunov without scope, is just a ''estra'' part... you can use that weapon without it, is the same with M4, you can have that kind of scope or not.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 04:03:23 pm by -Skykanden- »

Offline Aarni Valkea

• Soldier
  • R-tisht
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2007, 04:46:53 pm »
I think it would be funny if Dragunov had a scope, since you cannot zoom on it. Plus I am really fond of it's look, my best weapon so far imo. I agree to the JaTiMatic, I was about to change it but seems like I forgot.

Apilas is a heavy bazooka ("raskas sinko"), but I wanted to add variety so I made it shoot a cluster nade. It is quite difficult to use effectively, but it is very useful and versatile when used correctly. It doesn't suck as much as minigun ;)

Again,  I agree to the cannon part of the ninemillimeters, but it is a replica, so it stays :P

What weapons especially need shading, TBDM? I think the only weapon that needs a lot of changes is JaTiMatic and maybe the Grenade Pistol 2002...

Thanks for the comments!

Offline TBDM

• Flagrunner
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2007, 05:16:47 pm »
i know, it just looks REALLY weird without one :D

deagle front could use a bit of work
but mostly the JaTiMatic, you should redo that one, (make it a big bigger, because it's smaller then a handgun,and it's a SMG should be a bit smaller then the 9mm KP)

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2007, 05:58:48 pm »
I think it looks weird because the Drag's stock is a bit too high, don't you think?
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline Shadow G-Unit

• Veteran
  • IRC: S[Ex]eh-Legend
    • Fractured Forums
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2007, 07:03:59 pm »
Is this your first? If yes: 10/10 If not: 8/10

Ingame: King Legend.10- | Clan: In10sitY | Prev. Clan: OXiD | M79 Slag

Offline t3h_n00b

• Major
  • | Honor | Duty | Glory |
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2007, 06:07:30 am »
Holy sh*t!
That is goddamn awesome,dude!

Offline Aarni Valkea

• Soldier
  • R-tisht
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2007, 06:11:30 am »
It is not my first, I have another partial. I think I might finish the JaTiMatic, since it really bothers me too. The Dragunov is not the same as the regular one and it has a gray cheek pad (may be hard to distinguish from that orange) on it's stock. I am pretty sure that the stock is actually lower than it's reference model's.

I kind of lost interest in the game, like I do every now and then. I'll take one of my long pauses then I'll make a comeback (yay!) propably with the apocalyptic mod completely re-done. I'll make a new JaTiMatic when I have the time and redraw the front of the pistols... but I doubt I'll ever finish this :/

Offline t3h_n00b

• Major
  • | Honor | Duty | Glory |
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2007, 04:38:45 pm »
Espically that Apilas is owned me.It is awesome.

Offline Aarni Valkea

• Soldier
  • R-tisht
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2008, 07:35:59 am »
As much as I'd want to post a complete version already, my patience does not allow it  ;D

This version has a completely playable realistic mode, with all weapons except a new chainsaw. I still need some help balancing all of them. Eventually I'll get the sounds, draw the gosteks and do all the little tweaks.

I also noticed that the first download had a very incomplete version, so I made a new one.

Once again, enjoy.

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2008, 04:46:38 pm »
Lawl, patience. Who needs it?

Still looks great, and I see that you fixed the scaling on the JaTi. Personally, I think the Dragunov looks kinda sweet scope-less, not to mention it'd make it a better assault weapon in an actual combat situation.
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)
And we still don't know if dead guys can keep a stiffy.

Offline Aarni Valkea

• Soldier
  • R-tisht
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2008, 09:03:53 am »
Ah finally. I always thought that Dragunov is my best creation ^^

Any ideas for the gosteks? What's the opposing team (Finland vs Russia could be a little... inappropriate...)