Author Topic: New Map Series Idea (Please rate)  (Read 1754 times)

Offline Gabe

• Major(1)
New Map Series Idea (Please rate)
« on: July 15, 2006, 01:37:38 pm »
Im thinking of making a series of zombie maps I can test and put on a soldat server.

I'm already making the first map, which is at a hotel, and you and your team starts in a room on the top left side of the building, theres no exits in the window, and one of you has to get the black flag that is already in your room, and break down into the very bottom door of the building.  I'm diong a map where you break through zombies and make it to a shack. But before I give away all my ideas, I want people to rate it 1-10.

P.S. Is this in the wrong forum?

Offline PANZERCATWAGON

• Camper
  • oh god: blowjobs
Re: New Map Series Idea (Please rate)
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2006, 01:46:23 pm »
I can't really see what your trying to describe, It would be easier if you could show some visual idea's, but sounds ok.

And no, this is not the wrong forum.

Offline Gabe

• Major(1)
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2006, 01:51:04 pm »
I can't really see what your trying to describe, It would be easier if you could show some visual idea's, but sounds ok.

And no, this is not the wrong forum.

I'm not sure if I could give any visuals just yet,  but your breaking out of a hotel, then a city, thats full of zombies. and I'm making it in a series of say... 10 maps.

Offline PANZERCATWAGON

• Camper
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2006, 02:00:47 pm »
Hmm, well I can't say I see anything bad at the minute. It may have been done before, can't be asked to access my brain to see though.

Just so long as the maps look good and don't have gameplay issues it sounds like a good idea, go ahead with it.

Hmm ... actually, I guess having the black flag at the start of the hotel where the players spawn would be bad because that means it would be very hard for the zombies to win? Not that they have a right to, being zombies and all, but if you put the black flag further away from the spawn then it adds to the atmosphere of panic.

Offline Gabe

• Major(1)
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2006, 02:06:10 pm »
Hmm, well I can't say I see anything bad at the minute. It may have been done before, can't be asked to access my brain to see though.

Just so long as the maps look good and don't have gameplay issues it sounds like a good idea, go ahead with it.

Hmm ... actually, I guess having the black flag at the start of the hotel where the players spawn would be bad because that means it would be very hard for the zombies to win? Not that they have a right to, being zombies and all, but if you put the black flag further away from the spawn then it adds to the atmosphere of panic.

I made it harder, because to win you will have to dig through all the zombies in the building with you, and you cant leave someone behind, otherwise it will be almost impossible, and adding a longer-than-usual respawn time will help. Another thing is, I will have to control the server, incase the zombies win, you wont be able to get to the next map.

Offline PANZERCATWAGON

• Camper
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2006, 02:12:35 pm »
So how many players are you expecting to play on the human side at one time? Cause if there are too many, the zombies will be easily overkilled, but if there aren't enough then the players will end up getting spawned over and over again.

Unless you want to manually kick and add zombies depending on the number of people on the server.

Offline Gabe

• Major(1)
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2006, 03:15:19 pm »
So how many players are you expecting to play on the human side at one time? Cause if there are too many, the zombies will be easily overkilled, but if there aren't enough then the players will end up getting spawned over and over again.

Unless you want to manually kick and add zombies depending on the number of people on the server.

I plan a max of about 4 players against 20 zombies, and another thing is, the zombies will not have waypoints to the top floor, which is where the players spawn.

Date Posted: July 15, 2006, 03:25:28 PM
I don't think its good to double post on my own topic, but I'm thinking of adding a npc on the human side (red) that explains what your doing on each map. It'll be hard, but it will be worth it. Plus I will try to give him other messages.
When hes weak, he will call for help, etc. and I just finished the first map, but dont get conclusions about me presenting it.

Offline crackadillicus

• Major
    • my musics
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2006, 03:15:45 pm »
i dig the idea, but zombies get kinda boring to play against after a while.  aside from making it unilateral and inf style, what sets this apart from the other zombie maps/servers that are already up?
I am the walrus?

Offline Hootie hoo

• Camper
  • "Noone" isn't a word.
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2006, 03:19:26 pm »
I love zombiematches! I'd download them, absolutely. ^-^
Image removed please read the forum rules.

Offline PANZERCATWAGON

• Camper
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2006, 03:36:59 pm »
In quite a few zombie servers, the zombie spawns become to easy to predict as they are usually to close together, or there are simply not enough of them. I would suggest that don't put all the zombie spawns together and spread them out, also have many of them, this increases the chance that if the player is not alert then a zombie could spawn where he was not expecting them to.

Offline Plonkoon

• Veteran
  • I know Karate!....and several other Japanese words
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2006, 10:41:07 am »
I agree, spwancamping zombies is no fun.   :P

Offline air139

• Major
    • Air139 @ Deviantart
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2006, 05:55:33 pm »
you spawn far away from a defensive positoin, with hunfreds of zombies between you and it and you have to plow your way through a near imposssible deluge with little amounts of jets?

If thats what you ment YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!