Author Topic: CTF Basic Tactics  (Read 1221 times)

Offline FearTheReaper

• Major
CTF Basic Tactics
« on: December 12, 2007, 10:26:56 am »
Hey guys, I got my basic weapons down, but now I am a little tired of "n00b rush" CTF tactics. I want to be better than I have been. I always either camp or rush, and neither one works (well, rush works some of the time -- if I am hot with my SPAS and have the right map and can kill all the other team before they spawn again). But I need some help. Hook a brother up!

Offline mozzer

• Camper
Re: CTF Basic Tactics
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 10:32:23 am »
Say, on ctf_Laos, at the very start, have your partner boost you with an auto or spas. This will take the other surprise. However, its not much use after the first spawn, so after, have 1 person go up and 1 go mid (and the other low obviously). This is so that you can cover all attack routes. Remember to give information about enemies erlie so your team has time to respond.

Offline FearTheReaper

• Major
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 10:42:27 am »
Do u use teamchat for enemy information?
Say if you are running against an enemy who is autoing you to death -- you can't take your fingers off the keys. You see an efc low. You hit y and type "efc low" and die.

Is there a better way? Cause this happens to me frequently.

Offline Spacewing

• Soldier
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2007, 11:27:17 am »
You can use taunts, or if you are in a clan, use teamspeak/ventrilo in clanwars
« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 11:29:17 am by Spacewing »

Offline KorrupT MerC

• Camper
  • Stoled it!
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2007, 12:55:42 pm »
He plays public...

In public, people dont always work as a team, basically every man for himself. As for you personally, edit your taunts in the soldat folder and to use them you press alt + (whatever #/letter the taunt is). If you dont know how to edit them, refer to wiki soldat.

Most of what you want to know will come naturally with experience. When i first started, i always played Team matches or Death matches, so i could work on my aim without worrying about flag carrying and all that. When my aim got decent enough, i started playing CTF more and more and i started working on moving quickly across the map, and i started getting flag scoring down. Teamwork is essential but if you cant support yourself on an individual skill your basically useless to your team, so work on that and then start worrying about teamwork... it will take a while but you will catch on quickly if you take it one step at a time.

In-Game --iH- {K}orrupT
CTF_Boscage | CTF_Ridge | CTF_Polar | CTF_Dusty

Offline FearTheReaper

• Major
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2007, 01:30:32 pm »
Clan...heh...heh...rofl...lol.

No clan yet.

I usually do play public. I tried a gather, but had to exit when mom wanted computer. May try a few more. What are the best gathers?

Offline Rangedmage14

• Soldier
  • got water?
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2007, 08:08:34 pm »
#sna.gather or #soldat.gather for CTF. If you want to try something else, I never tried this, but I heard there is a #inf.gather and #tw.gather. I don't know if thats true though.
Respect All
Fear None

Offline .Long-Range

• Camper
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2007, 10:05:47 pm »
Edit your taunts files and stick with those taunts for as long as you need. Remember what you assigned to each key and practice using them all the time. This way, it comes natural to you whenever you're higher up in skill and need to start getting comfortable with taunts.
For signatures, you are allowed only one image in your signature which may not be wider and taller than 300 and 125 pixels, and may not be over 20kB in file size. No BMPs are allowed.

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2007, 01:34:52 am »
#sna.gather or #soldat.gather for CTF. If you want to try something else, I never tried this, but I heard there is a #inf.gather and #tw.gather. I don't know if thats true though.
Both are quite empty channels. 3 and 7 persons, no bots.
Fight! Win! Prevail!