Author Topic: Tanks, lawl  (Read 4185 times)

Offline Zeating

• Soldier
Tanks, lawl
« on: December 08, 2007, 04:46:03 pm »
It whould be good if there were tanks, and if they made TW official like in the new verison it will come with TW maps, and a option to make a TW game...and of course come with a tank on each team..make it more like war

Offline Scorpian

• Camper
  • Republican
Re: Tanks, lawl
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2007, 04:58:44 pm »
No, just no.

Sticky, kthxbai.

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2007, 05:15:10 pm »
NO.

Read the damn don't-suggest list!

Offline BondJamesBond

• Flagrunner
    • http://tobylands.com
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2007, 05:35:38 pm »
Make tank scenery.
The computer is a moron.
?  - Peter Drucker

El_Spec

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2007, 06:28:14 pm »
Never will be added.  Instead, wait for MM's new game instead because it'll have vehicles. 

Soldat never will vehicles because it's simplicity is what made it popular in the first place.  Adding vehicles would ruin the game and it's popularity.

Offline Ãœberschall

• Soldier
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2007, 07:22:23 pm »
Never will be added.  Instead, wait for MM's new game instead because it'll have vehicles. 

Soldat never will vehicles because it's simplicity is what made it popular in the first place.  Adding vehicles would ruin the game and it's popularity.

That's not the point, the point is the MASSIVE coding time it would take.
"Everyone who casts a shadow seems to stand in the sun" ~Wolfsheim

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2007, 07:34:28 pm »

That's bullsh*t. There are many reasons not to include vehicles, but no way in hell is that one of them.
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline Zeating

• Soldier
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2007, 08:31:14 pm »
Just an idea..sorry..:/

Offline Iq Unlimited

• Flagrunner
  • mr. foobar2000
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2007, 08:55:28 pm »

That's not the point, the point is the MASSIVE coding time it would take.

no, El_Spec's point is more valid. Massive coding yes, but the vehicles would ruin the game.

Offline Zeating

• Soldier
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2007, 10:35:44 pm »
Meh..i guess

Date Posted: December 08, 2007, 10:34:58 pm
Has anyone payed attention to what i said about making TW an offical game type...?

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2007, 10:38:10 pm »
We might just as well make "Ctf maps with 4 different routes to the flag" an official game mode; TW is nothing more than a fad of similarly made maps played on realistic.
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline valion

• Soldier
  • you may run, you may hide. but still he comes
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2007, 11:53:14 am »
simply, and with full angry and spiteful emotions.
DIE, this is not halo, this is not medal of honour, this is not call of duty.
THIS IS SOLDAT a 2d side scrolling shoot 'em up
Your signature is too big, please read the rules. Keep it under 4 lines of text.

Offline Ãœberschall

• Soldier
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2007, 12:55:33 pm »
Just an idea..sorry..:/

The "Don't Suggest List" is there for a reason.
"Everyone who casts a shadow seems to stand in the sun" ~Wolfsheim

Offline Kerrazyeye

• Soldier
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2007, 08:06:24 pm »
Make a tank Scenery, stick it in a map, mod m2 to shoot laws and crap, and stick m2 on the tank.

Offline Noobinabox

• Major
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2007, 12:16:18 am »
Never will be added. Instead, wait for MM's new game instead because it'll have vehicles.

Soldat never will vehicles because it's simplicity is what made it popular in the first place. Adding vehicles would ruin the game and it's popularity.

You're either contradicting yourself, or suggesting that MM's new game will be a flop.
Using your logic, MM's new game will not become popular because of its complex addition of vehicles.

Also, have you ever heard of Hexer or MiracleMod?
You Raff You Ruse.

Offline -Vis-

• Flagrunner
  • Zarch
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2007, 12:32:13 am »
Link Dead's popularity won't be based on the same simplicity Soldat is. There'll be more to the game than jumping, jetting, shooting, nading, capping (eating). Therefore, the vehicles that would be detrimental to Soldat's fast paced load-it-up and shoot-em-up style will not necessarily be so to Link Dead's gameplay.

You can't compare Soldat to Link Dead, especially since we haven't seen enough of Link Dead to be able to judge its gameplay to such an extent.

So take your so-called "logic", and shove it.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 12:34:50 am by -Vis- »

Offline Di3hard

• Major(1)
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2007, 08:42:23 am »
Dumb idea some idiot would hop in a tank and run around killing people without getting killed untill someone landed 10 nades or m79ed the thing.. and the last thing we need is more m79ers i think you should make it scenery or part of the map so you could hide behind it, might be good for TW anyways back on topic

Tanks = Stupid Idea
Tanks as scenery = Good idea

Offline SDFilm

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2007, 08:50:31 am »
This is the 2nd time you've looked over a primary no-no in the stickies.  :-\

We might just as well make "Ctf maps with 4 different routes to the flag" an official game mode; TW is nothing more than a fad of similarly made maps played on realistic.

TW is a good gamemode in its own right, where as 4-route CTF maps are just running on a 'more = better' philosophy.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 08:52:16 am by SDFilm »

Burning scarfs since 1988

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2007, 10:29:07 am »
All I'm saying is it's still certain ctf maps played on realistic. Maybe it requires different tactics, but hell, so would 4 route ctf.

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2007, 03:44:56 pm »
No vehicles evar. End of story.
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)
And we still don't know if dead guys can keep a stiffy.

Offline valion

• Soldier
  • you may run, you may hide. but still he comes
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2007, 03:46:23 am »
tank scenerary with a stationary gun inside for the turret.
modify the stats f the SG so it looks like a tank shot then add new sounds.
you can't drive it but you can still blow people up
Your signature is too big, please read the rules. Keep it under 4 lines of text.

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2007, 12:25:34 pm »
Set the stat to fire rockets or shells if you want big booms from a turret.
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)
And we still don't know if dead guys can keep a stiffy.

Offline .Ryan.

• Soldier
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2007, 02:22:34 pm »
requesting for vehicles in soldat is like requesting to be sent to an early grave. people will bury you with your origional 'idea',  seriously your having a laugh right? its been asked countless times now?

besides if you were going to add a vehicle it would have to be a hover board  ;D -jk

Offline Squakingcow

• Major
  • pluck
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2007, 03:25:21 pm »
requesting for vehicles in soldat is like requesting to be sent to an early grave. people will bury you with your origional 'idea',  seriously your having a laugh right? its been asked countless times now?

besides if you were going to add a vehicle it would have to be a hover board  ;D -jk

*coughUT3cough*

Offline .Ryan.

• Soldier
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2007, 07:26:44 am »
That game sucks, it's just chaos and confusion, and the graphics seem to be a bit messed up, even with the latest drivers. fail.

vehicles dont always make a game better, imagine soldat with vehicles.. it would just be desperation. soldat is great for being exactly what it is, a 2D shooter. no nonsence

Offline kuposrock

• Major(1)
  • iz are the muffin man
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2008, 12:13:57 am »
i know I'm new and stuff but i don't know what u guys are talking about ???  i would love to have maybe a tank match or something with huge maps where 3 ppl can go in a tank and shoot each other with a law cannon and a turret and mp5 on a tank that can move. If i ever learn to code which I'm gonna start trying to learn this will be the first mod I'm making. More of my freinds  would actually play this game if it had tank jeep nuke etc.
[signature removed; please read forum rules]

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2008, 12:40:30 am »
its not that bad of an idea, not sayin it should go ahead, but thats what i thought when i started playing, that it'll be "fun" with vehicles and crap.  but as far as im concerned now, the answer is NO.  however, a mod, or a server, maybe just a little thing, could have a similar feature and still get away with it.  but definately not the whole game, then it'd kill the point of soldat, simplicity.

Player since late 2007