Author Topic: Is this problem related to the *second* sticky?  (Read 836 times)

Offline Kurrus

• Major(1)
  • I'm a monkey Mr. Anderson
    • ElectroniKa
Is this problem related to the *second* sticky?
« on: July 14, 2006, 11:03:01 pm »
Hello, I had some problems with internet and finished without any connection (do'h!). I stopped playing Soldat for a while, but yesterday I tried to play it (yet without Internet), and, poof! Doesn't work. When I click "Start Game", it just shows a complete gray screen, plays the respawn sound and 'freezes' (it really doen't freeze but it blocks with the gray screen and do nothing). My question is: Is that problem related to the downtimes of ad servers? It shouldn't because my computer has no Internet connection. But wait... When I check my active internet connections it shows that it is active! Sometimes even appears one of those Info-Help-Windows pop-ups saying that the internet modem is unplugged, but dissapears after about 2 seconds... this is really weird but I get f*cked, like always.

Someone can ask me that question? Bye

NOTE: for those who haven't discovered it yet, i'm using my father's laptop with a really crappy wireless connections. But Soldat works perfectly here. This is even more weird.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2006, 11:06:35 pm by Kurrus »
Lame signature!

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
Re: Is this problem related to the *second* sticky?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2006, 11:05:14 pm »
yeah, this will happen if you don't have an internet connection because it tries to look up the IP of selfkill.com

This bug will be squashed in the next version of the soldat client to re-enable offline play without problems

One thing you can try as a temporary fix when you want to play offline is to remove everything from lobby_servers.txt before you play offline.  Just be sure to put everything back into it before you try and play online again

Offline Kurrus

• Major(1)
    • ElectroniKa
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2006, 11:11:54 pm »
Thanks! At least, that explains all. I will try it later, im going to play Worms 4 again (I almost finished the freakin' story mode!). I will try the temporary fix of the sticky I mentioned before if this doesn't work.

Thanks! Can't wait to play again ^^!
Lame signature!

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2006, 11:20:51 pm »
if you're playing entirely offline, whatever fix the sticky mentions won't help

Offline Kurrus

• Major(1)
    • ElectroniKa
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2006, 11:33:53 pm »
I dunno if it works or not... but I will try it anyway (if your solution doesn't works) just for a "last" hope. Thanks, again...
Lame signature!