Author Topic: Normal or R/S  (Read 1816 times)

Offline Centurion

• Flagrunner
Normal or R/S
« on: December 08, 2007, 10:34:08 am »
Our clan changed playing mode to Normal recently. We played r/s before but we realized that we don't have future there.
I want to play r/s but if I do it, I won't be good in Normal.
What to do?
I want to play r/s but I don't want to drag clan with me.
I don't like Normal mode, but I don't want to quit my current clan.
Please, give me advice.

Offline Spacewing

• Soldier
Re: Normal or R/S
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2007, 10:36:47 am »
And what has this have to do with bugs?

Offline Centurion

• Flagrunner
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2007, 10:38:25 am »
Read the title again.
Need help with Soldat, or have a Soldat-related question?

Offline Spacewing

• Soldier
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2007, 10:41:16 am »
It would fit into General Discussions better

Anyway, I used to play R/S before, and I thought it was funny for a while, but now I just play normal. R/S just wasn't my style
« Last Edit: December 08, 2007, 10:48:59 am by Spacewing »

Offline Centurion

• Flagrunner
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2007, 10:54:25 am »
People have different taste. I like r/s, you don't. You like Normal, I don't.

Offline Psycho

• Flagrunner
  • Decomposing
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2007, 11:10:35 pm »
Ask your clan if it is alright if you join a r/s clan while you are still in your current one.
Then you can hire a prostitute to play normal matches for you. (optional)

Looking down from ethereal skies

Offline The Philanthropist

• Camper
  • .:|TGIF|:. Philly
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2007, 12:12:22 am »
I play R/S all the time, and when I wander into a normal server my accuracy is imporved, my movement is better, and I can predict enemy movements easily. The one thing that you lose from playing R/S is that you don't nade people as much, so my grenade skills area usually lacking.

Offline Flacid Assassin

• Camper
  • Gorby The Grunt
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2007, 12:14:19 am »
what is your clan?

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2007, 12:16:04 am »
I play R/S all the time, and when I wander into a normal server my accuracy is imporved, my movement is better, and I can predict enemy movements easily. The one thing that you lose from playing R/S is that you don't nade people as much, so my grenade skills area usually lacking.
grenade kills account for most kills.

Fuck your clan, don't play something you don't like just because you are in some clan, this is a game. Games should be fun.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline BondJamesBond

• Flagrunner
    • http://tobylands.com
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2007, 12:59:48 am »
Ask your clan if it is alright if you join a r/s clan while you are still in your current one.
Yes, many clans will allow you to do this because r/s clans hardly clash with normal clans. Also, playing R/S will NOT make you worse in normal. You may lose a few skills, but you'll also gain new valuable ones.

No need for a prostitute... =\

EDIT: I also think your clan is still a small, unknown one. If you want to rise in the ranks, you need to gain relations and reputation in the scene - so forming an alliance of some sort with an R/S clan can definitely help (however be sure not to strain the relationship so it begins turning into tension as opposed to friendship).
« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 01:04:31 am by BondJamesBond »
The computer is a moron.
?  - Peter Drucker

Offline -Vis-

• Flagrunner
  • Zarch
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2007, 01:13:18 am »

My nade skill has decidedly improved during my time in R/S. I feel as though every nade has to count, since you can't pick up more, so I'm focused less on spamming, and more on timing/aiming/precision.

Offline The Philanthropist

• Camper
  • .:|TGIF|:. Philly
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2007, 01:52:49 am »

My nade skill has decidedly improved during my time in R/S. I feel as though every nade has to count, since you can't pick up more, so I'm focused less on spamming, and more on timing/aiming/precision.

Bullets do more damage, so I am less reliant on the grenade to do the big numbers on the enemy.

Offline Centurion

• Flagrunner
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2007, 06:58:00 am »
EDIT: I also think your clan is still a small, unknown one. If you want to rise in the ranks, you need to gain relations and reputation in the scene - so forming an alliance of some sort with an R/S clan can definitely help (however be sure not to strain the relationship so it begins turning into tension as opposed to friendship).

This is |-=SSF=-| = Soldat Special Forces.
We were know clan, we used to play realistic only and we were successful there. So we got tired and moved to r/s. I can't say we failed with r/s but we had no destiny there. So we moved to normal.
And I can say that we are about 4 years old clan.

Offline DragonSlayer

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2007, 01:59:04 pm »
Normal mode clan scene is just so much bigger and more interesting that it's much more fun to play normal mode in a clan. Not to mention I really, really prefer normal mode to realistic and find it more difficult and challenging. Though I enjoy playing realistic every now and then.

AE/DragonSlayer

Offline Cappy

• Flagrunner
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2007, 02:10:56 pm »
I started playing R/S a bit yesterday, I'm looking to play it more often...the only problem is that I can't find a lot of R/S servers within a good ping except DS public R/S server.

For your problem though, maybe you can stay in your clan for normal mode and join a r/s one like Psycho suggested.

[DE] ~ ~ ~

Offline SDFilm

• Veteran
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2007, 02:17:14 pm »
Normal. If I want to play a realistic game, there's always Red Orchestra.

Burning scarfs since 1988

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2007, 03:37:48 pm »
I'll take realistic more often than not. Though I'm not an R/S person.
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)
And we still don't know if dead guys can keep a stiffy.