Author Topic: "Neo-Like" Movement  (Read 1178 times)

Offline Pragma

• Soldier
  • Blood, Guts and Gunsmoke
"Neo-Like" Movement
« on: December 10, 2007, 03:32:29 pm »
Sorry for the lame Matrix reference, but I honestly don't know what else to call it.

I've played quite a few Soldat CTF games where I had a grenade or m79 round head straight for a player, only to see them immediately slide *downwards* against whatever momentum they might appear to have; usually this is right at the moment that should be an impact.  They move almost as if the grenade/round is *pushing* them downwards out of the way - avoiding a direct hit to the head.

Is this some bug, network lag catching up with client prediction, or just some kind of cheat?

Thanks - Pragma

Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake.  Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big old storm right in the eye and says, "Give me your best shot. I can take it."

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
Re: "Neo-Like" Movement
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 03:34:41 pm »
Oh, you landed the hit. It's just lag. The impact registers, but not the damage. You'll get this from time to time.
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)
And we still don't know if dead guys can keep a stiffy.

Offline Pragma

• Soldier
  • Blood, Guts and Gunsmoke
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 03:38:51 pm »
Oh, you landed the hit. It's just lag. The impact registers, but not the damage. You'll get this from time to time.

Thanks for the quick reply.  That makes sense, but man does it look strange.

Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake.  Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big old storm right in the eye and says, "Give me your best shot. I can take it."

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007, 04:02:17 pm »
No argument there. It can make for some pretty amusing moments in normal mode games, or hella annoying ones in realistic.
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)
And we still don't know if dead guys can keep a stiffy.