Author Topic: warning deleted becuase of good behavior. .  (Read 8175 times)

Offline LeetFidle

• Camper
  • Poop!
warning deleted becuase of good behavior. .
« on: December 13, 2007, 10:46:53 am »
i think that the forum had a way of getting rid of warnings.( if there is tell me and then you can lock it) because some people had a bad day and do something stupid. and later regret it. i think there should be an option to get you warning erased by good behavior. say you spam one day. you get a warning, and you learn your lesson. say your good for a month, by not spaming and contributing meaningfull posts. then mabey you will get your warning deleted?
Holy Poop!

Offline blackdevil0742

• Veteran
  • Don't Panic
Re: warning deleted becuase of good behavior. .
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2007, 11:12:10 am »
That's the way it is. They'll remove it when they see that you have been good for a while even if that while is looooooooooooong.

You shouldn't even have to worry if you behave.

OBEY!!!

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2007, 03:16:12 pm »
even if that while is looooooooooooong.
Congradulations for understatement of the year! Cue the confetti!
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Will

• Flagrunner
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2007, 03:20:31 pm »
well, I think I'm rather well behaved, I even don't flame people in the fisting zone (only B-N).
But I don't think they're gonna ever strip me down of my warning... but htat is not the point of this post and I'm not complaining.

The thing is, some of the beta testers are really behaving immature and go on flame rampages everywhere on the forum, and yet they're somehow invisible to the moderators...

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2007, 03:33:51 pm »
The main thing that keeps warnings from being removed is that they pretty much have to be removed by the moderator who gave it.  Nobody else knows how long ago the warning was given.

This is pretty much the one big downfall of using titles to track warnings instead of a dedicated warning system that could automatically remove the warning after 3-6 months or something

Offline PaFel

• Veteran
  • Weaponology Expert
    • PaFcio TACTIACAL
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2007, 03:49:04 pm »
This is pretty much the one big downfall of using titles to track warnings instead of a dedicated warning system that could automatically remove the warning after 3-6 months or something

So maybe someone could write some type of system like you said.

I guess that if it would be good you would put it into forum (with premission exactili).

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2007, 03:52:53 pm »
There was a system to see who gave what warnings to who in the moderator forum. However the new system is better and its not that hard to remember who you gave a warning to.
@ii

Offline LeetFidle

• Camper
  • Poop!
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2007, 10:00:36 am »
the funny thing is, is that i dont know why or who gave me my warning.(am i supposed to get a message?) i asked some mods and they didnt say they did so wth? i wish i had my warning level G back.
Holy Poop!

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
  • The words of your tongue blister like fire
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2007, 11:18:22 am »
Thankfully, I am still without a warning, and I intend to keep it that way... I see the problem with the system that Flab mentioned, but perhaps moderators could start posting who got warned, and when, for what reason, in a Staff Forum or something? I know vBulletin has an automatic feature like this, but you guys would obviously have to do it manually.

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Add me on PSN: Newfrag. Just make sure to tell me you're from SF. :P

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2007, 12:51:19 pm »
Moderators are supposed to PM members when they are given a warning, so at the very least the warned member *should* know who warned them

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2007, 03:34:18 pm »
I should have lost a warning level months before my 3rd one. -_-
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2007, 03:58:07 pm »
My warning levels got cleared a year after I got my fourth and fifth one.

That's a long time.

Offline Will

• Flagrunner
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2007, 04:20:25 pm »
because you weren't posting bullcrap as much as before... so I think the warning system actually did succed in one way or another.

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2007, 04:29:28 pm »
The system sucks, he lost 4 warning levels before most people lose 1. And he is still a douchebag.

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2007, 04:41:51 pm »
The system sucks, he lost 4 warning levels before most people lose 1. And he is still a douchebag.
He may be dummy, but we can't warn people for that...

You on the other hand like to annoy people or start up arguments... you are not gonna get any warnings removed for a long time.
@ii

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2007, 04:52:23 pm »
He may be dummy, but we can't warn people for that...

You on the other hand like to annoy people or start up arguments... you are not gonna get any warnings removed for a long time.
Well you could TRY

It should have taken him forever to get his warnings removed, being stupid and all.

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2007, 04:59:57 pm »
If we banned people for being stupid then no one would be left... because without a doubt everyone here has at least one person that thinks they are stupid.
@ii

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2007, 05:04:53 pm »
If we banned people for being stupid then no one would be left... because without a doubt everyone here has at least one person that thinks they are stupid.
that isn't what i am saying, I am saying he shouldn't have gone from the last straw to flagrunner just like that. Even if I didn't hate him I would question that.

Plus the whole system is biased anyway.

Offline Will

• Flagrunner
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2007, 05:11:16 pm »
well, I agree with a 4 year old here... don't you just hate when someone posts like 100 posts a day. And he isn't even an administrator or anything.

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2007, 05:16:21 pm »
well, I agree with a 4 year old here... don't you just hate when someone posts like 100 posts a day. And he isn't even an administrator or anything.
So we regulate number of posts per member? That would be greeted with open arms... >.>
@ii