Author Topic: Flag points  (Read 1518 times)

Offline Zeating

• Soldier
Flag points
« on: December 13, 2007, 08:26:45 pm »
In CTF You should be able  to set how many points you get for capturing the flag, the default (25) i think is bad..because if you don't capture the flag then your always stuck behind,

ideas?

Offline Eagle

• Major
  • PERSONAL TEXT SUCKS, LIKE SIGNATURES!
Re: Flag points
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2007, 09:08:31 pm »
You don't exactly need to base your skill on points.  You can do it on kills, by subtracting how many points they've gotten from caps.  If you have more kills, you know you did better than them.

I would support separating the two point scoring ways, though--one column for flag caps, one for kills.  It's a bit annoying to subtract, and the fact is, the two really aren't the same.  It's easier to capture the flag than get 25 kills anyway.
SIGNATURES SUCK!

Offline KorrupT MerC

• Camper
  • Stoled it!
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2007, 09:17:51 pm »
This has been suggested plenty of times. I do favor it though just because i like comparing my kills to everyone else but you cant always tell how many kills everyone got because some cap and some dont. Its not really that big of a deal though, more for convience than anything.

In-Game --iH- {K}orrupT
CTF_Boscage | CTF_Ridge | CTF_Polar | CTF_Dusty

Offline Dro

• Major(1)
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2007, 03:46:18 pm »
If I'm right this can be made with some scripts, for instance in Leo's Realistic servers r/s/a server has script which should do the trick
History is our future.

Offline .Ryan.

• Soldier
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2007, 08:22:19 am »
In CTF You should be able to set how many points you get for capturing the flag, the default (25) i think is bad..because if you don't capture the flag then your always stuck behind,

ideas?

You get 20 points for a cap not 25. also it's not about whos got the best scores in ctf, its about your team winning. a good ctf player isnt always a good dm or 1v1 player, and vice versa. i know some dm players that are some of the best 1v1ers in soldat, but they suck at ctf, apparently. dont worry about scores in ctf games just beat the other team.

Offline Eagle

• Major
  • PERSONAL TEXT SUCKS, LIKE SIGNATURES!
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2007, 03:24:06 pm »
.Ryan. is right.  My strategy in CTF and INF is to not care very much about myself, but instead for my team.  I would sacrifice myself in a heartbeat if it meant my FFC had a better chance of getting home safely.  I do it all the time, be it jumping in front of a sniper or M79er; or stalling enemies as much as I can.
SIGNATURES SUCK!