Author Topic: Port Forwarding Help!  (Read 753 times)

Offline Gnintendo

• Major
Port Forwarding Help!
« on: December 14, 2007, 08:24:11 pm »
I have a linksys router and have found no direct answers to my problem.

I folded the instructions on www.portforward.com for my specific router.

I used this page from there made specifically for soldat:
http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Linksys/RT41-BU/Soldat.htm

I can't seem to get it to work, here's a screenshot of my settings:

I circled the settings they seem to match what was shown in these two settings from the site except the part I circled and pointed at with a question mark.  It seemed to say nothing about that and it doesn't let you leave it blank on the router, 0 gets rid of all of your settings and it doesn't let you put 1 because that would make it the same ip of the router and when you try to put 1 it gets all mad at me (you know what I mean.)

It does say one thing on the website that might be referring to that blank spot I'm not sure...I'll quote it:

"You should see another page of settings that need to be entered into one of the blank lines on your routers Port Range Forward page. Go ahead and enter those settings now. "

Well I'm already on the Port Range Forward page and I'm assuming it means the settings a circled but it doesn't tell me what to put and from above doesn't really work.

Well, the server runs but the problem is the ping is 9999 and that test from that one site everything fails except the ip validity test.

So if you have any idea how to fix this problem or what is wrong I really need help...

Offline chrisgbk

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
Re: Port Forwarding Help!
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2007, 09:58:07 pm »
You would put your computers LAN IP address into the circled part. They show an example, you need to replace it with the real values that match your computers setup.

Offline Gnintendo

• Major
Re: Port Forwarding Help!
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2007, 08:48:12 am »
You would put your computers LAN IP address into the circled part. They show an example, you need to replace it with the real values that match your computers setup.
Soldat Connection Tester - by EnEsCe - http://enesce.com/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OK. Please wait while we test your server configuration... (This may take up to 2 minutes)
Checking IP Address validity... PASS!

Step One: Ingame Connectivity Test
(?) Sending PING test to 68.97.220.65 on UDP Port 23073... PASS! (23ms)
(?) Sending REQUEST test to 68.97.220.65 on UDP Port 23073... PASS!
(?) Sending JOIN GAME test to 68.97.220.65 on UDP Port 23073... PASS!
Step Two: All-Seeing Eye Test
(?) Sending test to 68.97.220.65 on UDP Port 23196... PASS! (23ms)
Step Three: Remote Administration
(?) Sending test to 68.97.220.65 on TCP Port 23073... PASS!
Step Four: Map Download Connections
(?) Sending test to 68.97.220.65 on TCP Port 23083... PASS!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TEST RESULTS:
- Total Passed: 6/6
- UDP Check: check
- ASE Check: check
- Admin Check: check
- Download Check: check
- Final Test Result: PASSED!

THANK YOU!