Author Topic: New Fantasy mod in development [Need ideas]  (Read 1108 times)

Offline Will

• Flagrunner
New Fantasy mod in development [Need ideas]
« on: December 15, 2007, 05:31:01 pm »
While me and Slayer were working on the Warzone project, I was writing up some ideas for a fantasy-ish mod. Now I have more time to realize it, I've found some sfx, (some f which I will edit to create original and dense sounds) and I played with the weapon.ini settings a bit more.

The problem is, I don't know what spells/magic attacks or weapons to put in. I don't plan on making different sets of weapons yet (like in Heretic Soldat), but I wan't to achieve perfect balance of weapons, and then add new ones. So now I need your help with some ideas.

Basic weapon layout:

Code: [Select]
1. Engulfing flames - slow, high spread fire spray that is good for close/medium combat
(uses spas pellets, has twice the number of them because it's a deagle)

2.-

3.-

4.-

5.Flame Wave- fast wave of flames that is good for any distance, but is somewhat innacurate (since spas can shoot only pellets, to make a difference between the deagles, I made it go really fast, thus it is somewhat innacurate)

6. Somekind of enchanted crossbow or something?

7.Fireball-slow moving, deadly fire projectile that explodes on impact (a fireball woud look really cool as a m72 missile, with that smoke trail and all)

8.-

9.-

0.Infernal shot- a mighty infernal shot that blasts anything in it's path (uses m79 grenade, really long startup time, but accurate and fast)

First I wanted to base this on class weapons, and those would be the secondaries. You could have basic weapons for archer, warrior, mage and a support class. The thing is, I didn't know how to make the LAW be of any use as a main class weapon, so I gave up on it. I considered making the primaries have limited ammo, thus making this mod more secondary oriented, cause you'd need to carve up your opponents up close.

So if any of you guys could help us out with ideas for weapons, that would be greatly appreciated. I still don't know what to make of the automatic weapons, Please help :)

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
Re: New Fantasy mod in development [Need ideas]
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2007, 05:42:21 pm »
I said you that yrou can put some powe spheres :)
maybe Ice Staff? Using bow bullets

Offline Will

• Flagrunner
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2007, 06:31:52 pm »
The thing is, I want to make every weapon unique. It's not about the interface right now, we'll deal with that later... it's about how they would function.

Offline Aarni Valkea

• Soldier
  • R-tisht
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2007, 06:40:49 pm »
Sounds good, but is very hard to make so.

Suggestion: Electricity. Make lightning bolts as chainsaw firing image with a proper fire rate, and it will look really cool. It would also be some variety.

! With that infernal blast thingie, I've experimented with a fast m79 grenade quite much, and it seems that it is extremely vulnerable to "eating" when shot at high speeds. For some reason it explodes very easily too early, before the actual impact.
Of course, you are a lot more experienced, so if I am incorrect, pay this no heed ;)

Good luck with the mod
Where life has no value, death has a price!

Offline xtishereb

• Flagrunner
  • I swear, my chainsaw killed you on its own.
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2007, 08:24:21 pm »
Windforce (it's at the bottom). 'Nuff said.
Or you could go with one of the D2 1337 crossbows.
<3*xwd
love conquers all

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2007, 03:19:24 am »
So i say the function of the icy staff:
Throws fast bullets (bow ones) maybe 5 and so fast. Medium reload time middle and long range

Offline Will

• Flagrunner
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2007, 05:09:07 am »
@Aarni: yeah, you're right about that, but I'll see what is the max speed with which it wouldn't do that.

@xtishereb: I'd like to put bows inside this mod, butbut it is impossible to do so with the weapons-gfx.
Only the rambo bow behaves like that.

And skykanden, why aren't you on msn? Well I know what you mean, I already have a weapon like that, but I'm not sure how to balance it.

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2007, 05:20:42 am »
im not on msn because i dont remember the pass :/
Ah yeah that idea of the saw is so nice, but ever remember that you can modidy the saw to make a more range weapon :)