Author Topic: Rawr  (Read 831 times)

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
Rawr
« on: December 19, 2007, 09:12:46 pm »
Wasn't this fixt? Slow pages have been plauging my connection here for a while now.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
Re: Rawr
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 09:50:40 pm »
Whenever this happens to me at all or looks as if its going to happen, I just push escape then F5, then it takes like a second instead of however long it would have been otherwise. For me, it's usually only a once per second per blue-moon kinda thing.
There are other worlds than these

Offline Iq Unlimited

• Flagrunner
  • mr. foobar2000
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 10:08:20 pm »
FYI Rawr is my word.

And yeah, I have had this happening to me a lot, My internet kind of went downhill for a week...
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 10:12:13 pm by Iq Unlimited »

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2007, 04:01:23 am »
I haven't seen any signs of this problem coming back.  Last time it was due to a malfunctioning DNS server at the datacenter, but there's no indication of that happening again.

Does this happen to anyone here on a regular basis, or less than once per month or so?

4 year old, how often has this happened to you?  did it just happen once and you happened to snap a screenshot of it?

by "slow pages have been plaguing" do you mean "on soldatforums" or "other sites too" ?

« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 04:03:22 am by FliesLikeABrick »

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2007, 03:00:00 pm »
It has been only soldatforums on firefox and opera, and it has happened at least five times in the last week or so.

I have seen it in the lounge and the fisting zone.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2007, 05:26:57 pm »
The only thing I can think of is that the DNS servers that handle reverse DNS for your ISP are having intermittent issues and are timing out when the forums try to look up your hostname sometimes.  I can't think of any reason other than DNS for why these delays would show up, as that is what it has been in the past. 

I'll turn off hostname lookups in the forums for now and see if that makes the problem go away, but not as a permanent fix.