Author Topic: Zombies Script **3.8**  (Read 28911 times)

Offline -Snowy-

• Major(1)
    • Snowy
Zombies Script **3.8**
« on: December 24, 2007, 11:46:32 am »
See this script in action at:
150.101.19.146:23074 (semi permanent for now, hosted by jezza)

Heres a short vid of the deathmatch version in action (this is old, but its still the same idea):
http://youtube.com/watch?v=QVVX7N-54Uc

Script Name:
Zombies
Script Description:
My first shot at doing anything with pascal. Took me just this afternoon/evening.

Deathmatch version - The main object of the game is to stay alive. The game starts with one red player (the 'zombie') with all the next players to join being put onto the blue team. The red player has to attack and kill the blue players, who then are changed to the red team ('zombified'). The last blue left alive is the winner of the round and they get a point when they are finally killed. The teams are then reversed with the winner being the zombie for the next round.

Team version - This is more of a team effort when the humans win if there are any alive at the end of the round. The zombies win if they manage to kill all of the humans. Everything from the DM version still applies, but you get 5 points for being the last survivor in the round. I recommend using maps where the blue team is at great advantage, because once a few blues are red, its gonna be hell hard to survive the whole time.

CTF version - This style works similarly to the team version, but the humans dont win simply by surviving, they have to get into the zombie's base and steal their flag then bring it back to their base to get points, or they lose. But once again if all the humans die, they lose. And zombies can also capture the flag, so humans have to defend against that too. This mode also has a wide range of special abilities for either team available, such as mines, hoards of zombie bots, flash bombs, etc.

INF version - This style works basically the same as the CTF version, but the blue players simply have to defend to get points.
Other info:
You may want to disable weapon anticheat in your server if you dont have the flame god bonus available, since it will kick players when they pick up the flame god bonuses that spawn from zombies.
It was evident that the humans were getting owned, so I've added a few extra special weapons for them, being spawning stat guns, mines, bonus drops from zombies, air strikes, flash bombs, and having a rambo bow if the last human (type /scommands). Any can be disabled if you don't like them.
Zombies have a few abilities too. They have more health than normal players (can be changed), their health regenerates slowly, they can explode and do massive damage, they can summon hoards of zombie bots, and they get full health when they kill.
Zombies can only use the saw as a weapon (unless the first zombie and firstzombieweapon is enabled, then they can choose any). What weapons other players use it up to you.
As far as i know, this script is fully compatible with bots. The only issue i have seen is that in the deathmatch gamemode they attack each other even when they are on the same team. Hopefully someone fixes the bot targetting system for 1.5 (it only needs to be changed from if gamemode = 0 or if gamemode = 2 and targetteam <> botteam to if targetteam <> botteam or botteam = 0)
Original Author(s):
~Snowy~ (more info in /about)
Core Version: (Version of the Dedicated Server you made this script with)
Code:
Code: [Select]
//spawns explosion and kit on zombie

if GetPlayerStat(Victim,'team') = '1' then begin

if ZOMBIEBOOM = 1 then begin
CreateBullet(GetPlayerStat(Victim,'x'), GetPlayerStat(Victim,'y'), 0, 0,100, 4, Killer);
end;

//spawn bonus on zombies

if ZOMBIEBONUS = 1 then begin
Ran := Random(1,23);
if Ran > 15 then begin
SpawnObject(GetPlayerStat(Victim,'x'),GetPlayerStat(Victim,'y'),Ran);
end;
end;

end;

If you want to use this in a server on your home computer, i suggest you look at these:
Allowing people to join your server
Installing scripts

Change log and script attatched
|
|
V

Offline pinOi32

• Camper
  • "Bravo kid's bad day"
    • Newgrounds
Re: Zombies Script
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2007, 02:16:43 pm »
the infecting zombie should:

-have auto heal if no damage is done to him for about x seconds
-have a bulletproof vest on

can u tell me how to do these things, pls??
« Last Edit: December 24, 2007, 04:24:51 pm by pinOi32 »
Pls use my amazing interface:
http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=27584

I WIN!!

WHY MY KARMA SUCK??

Offline BombSki

• Flagrunner
    • Climbing-soldiers.net
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2007, 02:40:21 pm »
^just use a weapon mod with less damage to the weapons besides saw. giving them a vest works too.

nice script, gotta try it.

Offline Thinkto urself

• Flagrunner
  • grrrrr
    • sup
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2007, 02:46:43 pm »
Nice, finnaly someone makes an infectious zombie script. From a haxxor too.

"An anomaly of the sea, shrouded in ubiquitous clouds, a mystery to the man as black holes to the world's smartest physicists"

Offline pinOi32

• Camper
  • "Bravo kid's bad day"
    • Newgrounds
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2007, 03:34:51 pm »
I am running the script right now in this server:

Name: Zombie Alert!! w/script
IP: 192. 168. 0. 1
Port: 23073

also, I need to know how to make the infector zombie:

-have auto heal if no damage is done to him for about x seconds
-have a bulletproof vest on

can u tell me how to do these things, pls??

« Last Edit: December 24, 2007, 04:28:11 pm by pinOi32 »

I WIN!!

WHY MY KARMA SUCK??

Offline BombSki

• Flagrunner
    • Climbing-soldiers.net
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2007, 07:06:57 pm »
dude, thats your local IP.
www.whatismyip.com

Offline pinOi32

• Camper
  • "Bravo kid's bad day"
    • Newgrounds
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2007, 07:53:44 pm »
hmm I didnt kno that lol.

EDIT: err the whatismyip.com site says that my ip is 74.234.26.69 -.-

I WIN!!

WHY MY KARMA SUCK??

Offline BombSki

• Flagrunner
    • Climbing-soldiers.net
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2007, 07:54:51 pm »
i cant join it.

Offline DorkeyDear

• Veteran
  • I also go by Curt or menturi
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2007, 10:11:05 pm »

Offline BombSki

• Flagrunner
    • Climbing-soldiers.net
Re: Zombies Script **update 1.3**
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2007, 02:32:27 pm »
nice updates, really makes the script complete. i like the powerup idea.

Date Posted: December 25, 2007, 04:05:41 pm
ok, ive played this. theres some bugs:

- when someone left the game the entire server crashed (this happened once..)
- zombies can throw away their saw infinitely (thus spamming the server with saws)
- letting players spawn boogie man sucks. make it admin-only
- zombies dont get reset on map change

zombies always win? u should make it possible for the humans to win. make the zombie very strong, add vest. also make u wanna disable certain weapons, barret/m79, or mod them with a weapon mod.
IMO you should make the zombie very strong, but force them to spec when they die. if all zombies died, humans win.
number of zombies at the start of a map should be more in this scenario. for example 1 zombie for every 2-3 humans.

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2007, 03:10:17 pm »
zombies always win? u should make it possible for the humans to win. make the zombie very strong, add vest. also make u wanna disable certain weapons, barret/m79, or mod them with a weapon mod.
IMO you should make the zombie very strong, but force them to spec when they die. if all zombies died, humans win.
number of zombies at the start of a map should be more in this scenario. for example 1 zombie for every 2-3 humans.

My suggestion:

No one gets removed. Game is set up a la INF with a timer. Zombies win when they convert all the humans. Humans win when they survive for a specified period of time. Alternately, let the game run clock-less until there is only one human left, then start the timer. That last person standing needs to survive, say, 3 minutes against everyone (now a zombie) to win.

Offline BombSki

• Flagrunner
    • Climbing-soldiers.net
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2007, 03:57:18 pm »
3 minutes? waaaay too long.
other than that, the humans will try to run through the map to get the timer out, u would need a narrow map for this to prevent this laming.
not a bad idea.

Offline -Snowy-

• Major(1)
    • Snowy
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2007, 06:12:45 pm »
- when someone left the game the entire server crashed (this happened once..)
this has never happened to me...and ive had the server running all night :/
- zombies can throw away their saw infinitely (thus spamming the server with saws)
yeah i know but theres not a lot i can do, i tried setting only saw and all other weapons unavailable to red team members when they die, but it lagged out somethin shocking. ill try checking if they have weapon 0 (ie no weapon) and not spawn another in that case

done
- letting players spawn boogie man sucks. make it admin-only
yeah i might look into this, but my server has been on all night and it still has the 3 bots i added when it started, so its not like anybody uses them

done
- zombies dont get reset on map change
i dont see why it cant start with a few zombies...itd take a lot of effort just to fix this

sort of fixed, just changes map after each round so the game probably wont get a chance to end (my server has 0 time so it runs forever anyway :D)

i kind of meant this to still be a single player winning game, not a team effort (trying to get your teammates killed is all part of the fun). and the zombies already have twice the health and refill health on kill, i think they are strong enough.

@ mr domino...to get that all you would need to do it run this on an inf gamemode by removing the code that changes the gamemode on server start, or by changing it manually after the server has started, and then making the zombies die or explode when they pick up a flag. then if there are any humans left at the end, it will say humands win, because their score would have been slowly going up while the zombies were unable to cap.
done - added inf version

Offline BombSki

• Flagrunner
    • Climbing-soldiers.net
Re: Zombies Script **update 1.3b**
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2007, 07:51:41 pm »
hmm, ok. i missed the idea i guess, when i played it with a few people the humans were kinda helping eachother and the zombie didnt really have a chance..

thx for fast update

Offline miketh2005

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • What's the URL for www.microsoft.com?
Re: Zombies Script **update 1.6b**
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2007, 01:42:36 pm »
nice script but you need to make a ctf version there is no one ever in the server.
Quote from: 'Ando.' pid='12999178' dateline='1309046898'
My new password is secure as shit :)
Mate, I am not sure Shit is even secured nowadays.

Offline BombSki

• Flagrunner
    • Climbing-soldiers.net
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2007, 04:17:15 pm »
nice updates again.

suggestions:
- try to avoid use of setweaponactive. it sucks to select a weapon every time when u know a zombie can be near.
- put a 5 second timer between rounds so its clear who won.
- give the last human a powerup when he becomes the last one. (or full health?)
- fully heal a zombie if he kills (im not sure if this is the case, but i thought its a set bonus)
- give the first zombie a vest or anything that will help him
- dont allow humans to have saw
- if theres more than 6 players, start with 2 zombies
- dont make the winner of previous round the first zombie (its like a punishment). u could make it random or add a bot until someone else dies.

Offline -Snowy-

• Major(1)
    • Snowy
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2007, 07:35:34 pm »
suggestions:
- try to avoid use of setweaponactive. it sucks to select a weapon every time when u know a zombie can be near.

i use that?

i dont get it. it says who won after each mini round, and the winner in the scoreboard wins the overall round when it changes to the next map. i dont c how it can be any more clear

not a bad idea...but full health is basically useless vs-ing a zombie because they kill 1-hit with saw most every time

- fully heal a zombie if he kills (im not sure if this is the case, but i thought its a set bonus)

he does, and it says 'the delicious flesh restores your health' or smth

- give the first zombie a vest or anything that will help him

ive tried spawning objects on zombies when they respawn, problem is that if i say somethin like createobject(x,y,19) it will spawn the object where the player died rather than where they spawn, so the killer will get it instead (thats what gave me the idea for zombies dropping powerups). and if i put a sleep (500) or smth, instead of just making it wait longer to do the object spawn, it delays the spawn, meaning that it still spawns the object where u die, and it takes another 500 to spawn. but i dont really think i need to bother as zombies have double health as it is.

why? its their funeral when they saw a zombie and get blown up :D

personally i think the game becomes easier for zombies with more players, it gets crowded and less organised, and its easier to start picking them off. but if u want more zombies u can add them with /zombie (and they stay zombies, not like boogie man /bots)

- dont make the winner of previous round the first zombie (its like a punishment). u could make it random or add a bot until someone else dies.

this is more of a balance thing. if there is a player that is really good and they dont become a zombie when they win, they are gonna get all the points every time. but this way at least someone else will win while the last winner is zombified.

Offline Szewczuq

• Soldier
  • WOOH! ROCKS ON MY HEAD!
    • POLISH GAMERS COMMUNITY
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2007, 07:57:08 pm »
snowy - i remamber u when u re cheating :( - u made hacks? :(

Offline BombSki

• Flagrunner
    • Climbing-soldiers.net
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2007, 08:37:40 pm »

i use that?

*well every time i spawn i have to pick weapons again even if i disabled weapon menu?

i dont get it. it says who won after each mini round, and the winner in the scoreboard wins the overall round when it changes to the next map. i dont c how it can be any more clear

*its not clear when the respawn time is low.. maybe i should change it, however that would ruin it for the zombies imo.

not a bad idea...but full health is basically useless vs-ing a zombie because they kill 1-hit with saw most every time

*well, flamegod isnt always nice, because flamer doesnt do that much damage vs a few bots. maybe a pred/beserker..

why? its their funeral when they saw a zombie and get blown up Smile

*its confusing :p

personally i think the game becomes easier for zombies with more players, it gets crowded and less organised, and its easier to start picking them off. but if u want more zombies u can add them with /zombie (and they stay zombies, not like boogie man /bots)

*in my experience, the first kill takes a long time, and then as there are more zombies there are more kills. this opposes your 'chaos' idea kinda. im wondering, on which map do u play it and with how many people?

this is more of a balance thing. if there is a player that is really good and they dont become a zombie when they win, they are gonna get all the points every time. but this way at least someone else will win while the last winner is zombified.

* well people dont really look at the points, i think. but ok, fair enough

also: maybe u should add this modded gun for humans :)

[HK MP5]
Damage=0
FireInterval=3
Ammo=200
ReloadTime=20
Speed=300
BulletStyle=6
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=1
Recoil=0
« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 08:40:14 pm by BombSki »

Offline -Snowy-

• Major(1)
    • Snowy
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2007, 08:52:04 pm »
*well every time i spawn i have to pick weapons again even if i disabled weapon menu?

i swear i dont have setweaponactive anywhere in my script, i use forceweapon and only on zombie :/

*its not clear when the respawn time is low.. maybe i should change it, however that would ruin it for the zombies imo.

i kinda c what you are getting at, but if someone actually cared who won they would take the time to look at the text up top

*well, flamegod isnt always nice, because flamer doesnt do that much damage vs a few bots. maybe a pred/beserker..

actually i think the flamer has been buffed a bit since 1.3.1, it can actually be quite lethal (especially vsing things that have to get close to you to kill, and lots of them)

*its confusing :p

thats the idea, confusion = fun

*in my experience, the first kill takes a long time, and then as there are more zombies there are more kills. this opposes your 'chaos' idea kinda. im wondering, on which map do u play it and with how many people?

i usually play arena2 or arena whatever its called (the one with big grey blocks and a sky blue bg). the players vary from 2 to about 5 has been the most. and from what ive seen, its easier to kill more than to kill less (watch animal planet and see the lions and tigers hunt the massive flocks of birds...they almost always get one)