Author Topic: Zombies Script **3.8**  (Read 28923 times)

Offline BombSki

• Flagrunner
    • Climbing-soldiers.net
Re: Zombies Script **update 1.7**
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2007, 09:26:07 pm »
okok.. well in my experience the start of a game = zombie gets shot by 2-3 ppl everywhere he goes, and has basicly no chance with the saw.. until he suddenly respawns in between them. as soon as he gets the 2nd zombie its over quite fast...
ive played arena2 but also some bigger maps. imo bridge is kinda good for this mode, but youll need 4-8 people (ive had 8 at some moment)

Offline pinOi32

• Camper
  • "Bravo kid's bad day"
    • Newgrounds
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2007, 10:16:34 pm »
are u still able to /kill yourself and become a zombie?? if so, I think u should change that.
Pls use my amazing interface:
http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=27584

I WIN!!

WHY MY KARMA SUCK??

Offline -Snowy-

• Major(1)
    • Snowy
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2007, 09:25:21 am »
i dont c why you shouldnt become a zombie, seeing that if you were to suddenly collapse on the ground and die randomly in an area with a large zombie population, the zombies would begin to munch on you until you were reanimated into one of their own...speaking from a strictly logical point of view. if i were to remove it, it could be used as an exploit to stop themselves from being killed by zombies, which is no fun.

@ bomski - just add zombie bots like i said

Offline Flamingo

• Camper
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2007, 09:31:37 am »
The zombies are way too strong, You need to shoot them twice with a barret to kill them.
Banned

Offline BombSki

• Flagrunner
    • Climbing-soldiers.net
Re: Zombies Script **update 1.8**
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2007, 10:04:53 am »
thats fine.

Offline -Snowy-

• Major(1)
    • Snowy
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2007, 10:09:50 am »
the idea is to make them hard to kill, them dying in 1 shot makes it near impossible for the first zombie to get a kill. if you could make m79 not kill in 1 shot, id do that too.

Offline danmer

• Camper
  • crabhead
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2007, 10:35:27 am »
the idea is to make them hard to kill, them dying in 1 shot makes it near impossible for the first zombie to get a kill. if you could make m79 not kill in 1 shot, id do that too.
function OnPlayerDamage(Victim, Shooter: byte; Damage: integer): integer;
begin
  if Damage > 4000 then
    Damage := 100{or whatever dmg you want it to be};

Also it does additional splash damage so you might want to make it something like 50

some additional ideas:
store the player's primary before turning him into a zombie and give it back when the round resets, or kill everybody on reset. Cause everyone runs with the saws in the beginning of the round which confuses people (at least me)
And DrawText the name of the zombie guy in the beginning of the round

PS: your code melts my brain >.<
By using cases and some for loops you can make the code like 10 times shorter... Come on =/
« Last Edit: December 27, 2007, 10:54:57 am by danmer »

Offline -Snowy-

• Major(1)
    • Snowy
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2007, 10:51:01 am »
function OnPlayerDamage(Victim, Shooter: byte; Damage: integer): integer;
begin
 if Damage > 4000 then
 Damage := 100{or whatever dmg you want it to be};
Also it does additional splash damage so you might want to make it something like 50

ive tried reducing the m79 damage to 0 to make the super zombie invincible, but it still kills on a direct hit

some additional ideas:
store the player's primary before turning him into a zombie and give it back when the round resets, or kill everybody on reset. Cause everyone runs with the saws in the beginning of the round which confuses people (at least me)
that shouldnt happen since being a zombie uses forceweapon and doesnt change what is selected in the weapon menu, so you should have to click the weapon you want when u are human again, not automatically get a saw :/

And DrawText the name of the zombie guy in the beginning of the round
yeah maybe ill do that cuz ppl are too lazy to look at the chat or use /zombies

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2007, 11:11:10 am »
Would it be possible for either the Super Zombies or another type of zombie (ie., a Zombie Lord) to spawn three normal zombies in its place upon death? Also, would the TM mode fix how the bots just end up attacking each other as they do in your DM test server?

Offline pinOi32

• Camper
  • "Bravo kid's bad day"
    • Newgrounds
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2007, 11:24:50 am »
The zombies are way too strong, You need to shoot them twice with a barret to kill them.

1.6b-1.7
added ctf game style (use .ini to change it)
zombies have 3x normal health instead of 2x  <----------------

I found something else: a zombie can just drop their chainsaw and pick up any weapon that is on the ground. I think u should disable this somehow...ooh, and I like mr. domino's idea too (except it should be only 2 instead of 3)! lol
« Last Edit: December 27, 2007, 01:29:07 pm by pinOi32 »

I WIN!!

WHY MY KARMA SUCK??

Offline danmer

• Camper
  • crabhead
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2007, 12:37:41 pm »
ive tried reducing the m79 damage to 0 to make the super zombie invincible, but it still kills on a direct hit
try -4000

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2007, 01:47:39 pm »
I found something else: a zombie can just drop their chainsaw and pick up any weapon that is on the ground. I think u should disable this somehow...

The current script already fixes it. Sure, you can pick up another the weapon, but the instant that happens it turns into a chainsaw.

Offline xmRipper

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • Personal
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2007, 03:27:03 pm »
omg v1.8.
really fast updates.
Co-Founder / CTO @ Macellan
Founder Turkish Soldat Community

Offline BombSki

• Flagrunner
    • Climbing-soldiers.net
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2007, 03:43:40 pm »
yep.

- remove debugging numbers ?
- stop turning on ff? :O
should at least be an option imo

also getting the usual windows-related out of range errors and sometimes it starts spitting out AVs.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2007, 03:59:57 pm by BombSki »

Offline -Snowy-

• Major(1)
    • Snowy
Re: Zombies Script **update 1.8b**
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2007, 02:37:10 am »
- remove debugging numbers ?
- stop turning on ff? :O
should at least be an option imo

i went ahead and removed the counting players thing (i didnt know what writeln was for originally and i thought it might have been part of the inc() function since it was used in the example)

but the friendly fire thing is a part of the script...it turns on when the only zombie in the game leaves or turns to spec mode, so that the next player killed becomes the new zombie (because originally someone would have to kill themselves). you can see it constantly turning itself off because it does so when it is possible that a player has filled the position as the zombie (whenever a player joins red team). id make it so it only turned it off once after it had been turned on, but i dont know how to find whether it is currently on.

and i dont know what causes the occasional access violations...but i havnt seen one since i cleaned up the script a bit, so hopefully they will die out

Offline Sauron

• Soldier
  • Call me "Uncle Sam"
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2007, 11:25:04 am »
I don`t know why snowy isn`t banned here.Who don`t know what he is.Look this: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xXSnowyXx  . I hope you will be banned very soon.One script can`t delete your history.Go back to AN.

Offline -Snowy-

• Major(1)
    • Snowy
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2007, 12:10:35 pm »
I don`t know why sauron isn`t banned here.Who don`t know what he is.Look this:

I don`t know why snowy isn`t banned here.Who don`t know what he is.Look this: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xXSnowyXx . I hope you will be banned very soon.One script can`t delete your history.Go back to AN.

I hope you will be banned very soon.Being a hack hunter can`t delete the fact that you cant speak english.Go back to czech land.

btw noc and stay on topic, i think weve been through this anyway *looks at his sig*

Offline pinOi32

• Camper
  • "Bravo kid's bad day"
    • Newgrounds
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2007, 04:15:09 pm »
shut up, sauron!! u just said something that doesnt even have to do with the topic at all!!

I WIN!!

WHY MY KARMA SUCK??

Offline Flamingo

• Camper
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2007, 04:24:06 pm »
shut up, sauron!! u just said something that doesnt even have to do with the topic at all!!
So did you... Fail!

Snowy, Giving the zombies 2x health means way too much reloading.
Banned

Offline Iq Unlimited

• Flagrunner
  • mr. foobar2000
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2007, 05:34:15 pm »
fyi you cant get banned for hacking here unless you physically talk about them or post them or something.