Author Topic: I/O Error 103  (Read 2611 times)

Offline Scott {The Great}

• Major(1)
I/O Error 103
« on: December 24, 2007, 04:19:07 pm »
So here we go...

I recently started running a server on Linux (xubuntu).  The server seemed to run fine for the first day or so then eventually the server has been getting a lot of I/O Error 103.  It seems to occur at a completely random time.  Sometimes it will happen after 2 hours of running the server, sometimes it  will happen after 4 hours of running the server, or sometimes it will happen when someones caps a map (This is a climb server).  If it does happen when someone caps a map, it usually happens when the map is capped really fast.  Could it be taking the place of the server kick for "Possible Cheat"?  I enabled the server kicking and the problem still continued.  I know that I/O Error 103 is a permissions error.  I got help over the internet setting permissions and did not succeed.  My brother then came home and helped me set the permissions properly and it has been confirmed that indeed it was done correctly.  I have tried many things including running it using sudo, taking away race maps (I thought that may be the problem), and I have tried restarting server and restarting the computer.  Nothing seems to work.  This is how I run the server "./soldatserver -safe 0" (I didn't want to hide it considering the inconsistancy of how it ran.)  If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know them.  This is getting very frustrating and I would appreciate help as soon as possible.  Thanks!

By the way I have seen this topic: http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=22962.0
It was not very helpful so please don't post a link to that topic and nothing else.  If you see something that you think may be useful in that topic towards my problem, please feel free to say.  But please don't JUST post links.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2007, 05:48:33 pm by Scott {The Great} »

Offline chrisgbk

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
Re: I/O Error 103
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2007, 09:34:37 pm »
Like I've said before, the issue is with the scripts, but I don't know if it's an issue with the scripts themselves or if they are just exposing a bug in the server. I'm leaning towards the latter. Essentially, unless you run without scriping I don't believe it's fixable at this moment in time, but tracking down what's happening is on my list of things to do with 1.5.0, by running a special debug version of the server.

I/O Error 103 means "The file is not open", meaning the server tried to write to a file that either wasn't opened, or failed to open due to insufficient resources, too many files open, etc.

Offline spkka

• Camper
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2007, 05:34:41 am »

• Major(1)
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2007, 01:00:16 pm »
Is that supposed to be a joke?

By the way I have seen this topic: http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=22962.0
It was not very helpful so please don't post a link to that topic and nothing else.  If you see something that you think may be useful in that topic towards my problem, please feel free to say.  But please don't JUST post links.

Offline spkka

• Camper
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2007, 01:40:18 pm »
Oh sorry! haha, see how good i can read?

Well like Chrisgbk said ''the issue is with the scripts, but I don't know if it's an issue with the scripts themselves or if they are just exposing a bug in the server''

Could i have a look at the script?

Offline BombSki

• Flagrunner
    • Climbing-soldiers.net
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2007, 01:46:58 pm »
hes got the very same server setup as 3 other servers, which dont have that problem.
the only difference afaik is scott is using it on xubuntu, while the others are on debian.

• Major(1)
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2007, 02:31:10 pm »
Maybe I should convert to Debian.  Boglizk or Pyro could also send me their servers since they are working properly, they should work on my computer too.

Offline spkka

• Camper
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2007, 07:45:26 pm »
hes got the very same server setup as 3 other servers, which dont have that problem.
the only difference afaik is scott is using it on xubuntu, while the others are on debian.

this can still be a script related problem tho, Im not 100% sure but Toumaz told me that FileExist/ReadFile could bug on some versions of Linux or something.
But yes, i guess switching to Debian would work aswell ;)

Just wanted to let you know it could be the problem tho. If not i will keep my mouth shut.

Offline chrisgbk

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2007, 03:50:31 am »
Ubuntu/Xubuntu is Debian based.

• Major(1)
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2007, 12:21:00 am »
Thanks to Spkka's awesome scripting skills, the server has been running smooth for over a day.  Come join the server if you would like...
IP: usa.climbing-soldiers.net
PORT: 23073