Author Topic: high ping is an advantage?  (Read 4963 times)

Offline Avkon

• Soldier
  • Ah, whatever.
Re: high ping is an advantage?
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2007, 12:02:28 am »
Yeah, it does ruin the quality of gameplay, royally.

Offline Mitak

• Camper
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2007, 05:32:08 am »
I guess you'd be OK with less than 100 ping.
Yesterday my dad was downloading a program and our computers share connection so it screws mine. I lagged 150+ on every server.
It's really funny to kill someone without seeing the red "You killed whoever" sign or your kill registered on the top right corner.
It appered 5-6 seconds after that for me, but it was hilarious when I killed someone because they died and still continued fisting and walking. I sniped that guy and he stood there for 3 seconds and after that it's like he fainted XD
Then, when the download finished, I had my normal 33-60 ping and I enjoyed the game.

No, high ping is not an advantage since a less ammount of bullets register (The cause ot HIT! whine)
and you win flames from other player for ruining their game.
It has a retard advantage - you seem to teleport for other players and they can't hit you.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 05:35:24 am by Mitak »

Offline Avkon

• Soldier
  • Ah, whatever.
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2007, 10:42:56 am »
You warp only when your ping changes. 100 to 500 to 200 to 50

You don't warp and neither do the others seem to warp when you have 150+ ping.
Hell, I've played on 400+ ping with no warping!
It occurs only with very high ping or fluctuations in the ping values. I used to constantly warp when I entered a server with nearly 1000 ping, but then the gameplay was sh*t.

Offline Sytrus

• Flagrunner
  • English Teech0r
    • AtlanticProject
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2007, 10:10:22 am »
Ruger registers best? Lolwut?

Offline adadqgg

• Soldier
  • Yuri for the win ~desu
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2007, 05:44:51 pm »
I usually just lure a hi-pinger into a tunnel and barrett/LAW his ass, if that dosent work I'll just throw in some nades.

Shikabane Hime... Undead girls... Dual-wielding Mac 11s... Epic bayonets... WIN!

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2007, 08:41:25 pm »
ehm.... once I played in a gather and I think I said something to mar77a about spas.... and he responded. ... "you sir knows s**T about 200 ping gaming.."

I wonder what his talking about.... What kind of advantage has spas in a above average ping situation?

Always remember the succubus...

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2007, 08:52:43 pm »
Ok, I was just in a AUS server with 250 ping, and I couldn't hit anything. Barret would be dead-on, blood would go flying everywhere, and they didn't die because of lag. I would be killed by nades that didn't even appear on my screen, let alone see the explosion. But sometimes it is an advantage, but only if you have really really high, which most servers don't let you.
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

Offline The Knives

• Major(1)
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2007, 09:14:57 pm »
well no i dont think so it's only good when it's like 100-250 ping
no siggy

Offline theSTATWHORE

• Major(1)
« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2007, 08:29:47 pm »
I use to play Soldat on dial-up. It sucks, you have to learn how to play with your lag. There are advantages in being laggy in relation to people who lag less, but generally on the flip side you end up having to deal with those who have barely any lag at all. If you're playing on foreign servers as an American and lagging, you really shouldn't bother playing at all.

Offline Thinkto urself

• Flagrunner
  • grrrrr
    • sup
« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2007, 08:32:50 pm »
High ping is a disadvantage.. At least for the minutes you can stay in the server without disconnecting or getting ping kicked for highly fluctuating ping levels.

"An anomaly of the sea, shrouded in ubiquitous clouds, a mystery to the man as black holes to the world's smartest physicists"

Offline Ziem

• Veteran
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2007, 03:15:53 pm »
High ping is a disadvantage.. At least for the minutes you can stay in the server without disconnecting or getting ping kicked for highly fluctuating ping levels.
By high ping, we mean ~300. It isn't enough to get pingkicked...

It is an advantage, very annoing things happen sometimes when playing with high-pingers, like reg-hit bugs, warping, invisible bullets/nades, and the flag carrier saving the flag after death.

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2007, 03:51:15 pm »
By high ping, we mean ~300. It isn't enough to get pingkicked...

It is an advantage, very annoing things happen sometimes when playing with high-pingers, like reg-hit bugs, warping, invisible bullets/nades, and the flag carrier saving the flag after death.
]

It really isn't much of an advantage.  When you have high ping, other people are just as hard to hit as you are for them, and your shots register just as badly as theirs do.  Ping is both ways, not just one

Offline sanada

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Major(1)
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2007, 12:33:52 am »
I've played a lot with around 200 ping in aus pub or us server. So I'll talk about playing with 200 ping. (I think it is obviously a disadvantage with 300+, though)

High ping is a disadvantage. But it sometimes may be an advantage if we can handle lags. well... I don't explain how and why cuz many ppl did it alreadly. And I'm talking about this while I don't have much experience that I play with high-ping good players in my country server.

But yeah, it's disadvantage after all. It is shown by SCTFL playoffs, I think. NA clans usually win in their server. EU clans usually win in their server.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2007, 12:45:06 am by sanada »

Offline Ziem

• Veteran
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2007, 05:30:23 pm »
FliesLikeABrick - I've tried how the high ping "works" ; I was on ~400 ping - enemies can't hit me, but I can't hit them aswell ... ;s ... Sure, it works in both ways. <and its annoing... for enemies and you>

Offline Centurion

• Flagrunner
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2007, 06:04:04 pm »
If you lag and you know that, why are you going to the server to ruin the gameplay of others?
Anyway...
I believe it's advantage in some cases. I was 1vs1-ing with my buddy and his barrett shot went straight through me. I felt that but I didn't lose any health. After a while I asked him did I ate? And he said: "No".
My ping is in American server something 250, in European servers 66 - 100. So, looks like I'm lagging everywhere.