Author Topic: Windows Mobile Soldat????  (Read 4524 times)

Offline Goofiestbee

• Major(1)
Windows Mobile Soldat????
« on: December 31, 2007, 04:45:18 pm »
I was wondering if this was possible. This would make a PERFECT game on a Windows Mobile Smartphone.

The controls etc would be fine because it has touch screen capabilities.
If this phone can run PSX Emulations then im sure it could handle Soldat.
And Lag issues? Not a problem, the phone already has a MMORPG playable on this phone no lag at all.

http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/detail/features.do?group=mobilephones&type=mobilephones&subtype=verizonwireless&model_cd=SCH-I760ZKAVZW - This is the Smart phone I have. The Samsung i760.

Im just wondering if it is possible and im wondering if the Soldat staff would work on it!~ Thank you

Offline Thinkto urself

• Flagrunner
  • grrrrr
    • sup
Re: Windows Mobile Soldat????
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 04:58:01 pm »
God not another one of these, GooFiest, MM has said countless times, he's not gonna put soldat on a console or anything.

"An anomaly of the sea, shrouded in ubiquitous clouds, a mystery to the man as black holes to the world's smartest physicists"

Offline Goofiestbee

• Major(1)
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 05:04:04 pm »
But a Mobile Phone really isn't a console..but thank you for your reply ^^

Offline mxyzptlk

• Veteran
  • The Panda Ninja
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2007, 05:09:15 pm »
I doubt it will get any consideration. There's been several suggestion about putting it on handhelds, and it always comes to the same conclusion: When the source code is available, a fan will do it.

"While preceding your entrance with a grenade is a good tactic in
Quake, it can lead to problems if attempted at work." -- C Hacking

Offline Flamingo

• Camper
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2008, 07:34:52 am »
How are you ever going to aim accurate with that thing?
Banned

Offline Se!kA

• Soldier
  • Leet'n'Sweet
    • Se!kA.rox.pl
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2008, 08:42:47 am »
lol :D.
Would be nice, but soldat wouldnt be a shooter anymore.
Youll have to pick armors, and shields, then bless partners from team and go fight round RPG :D

Offline chrisgbk

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2008, 02:47:40 pm »
I was wondering if this was possible. This would make a PERFECT game on a Windows Mobile Smartphone.

And Lag issues? Not a problem, the phone already has a MMORPG playable on this phone no lag at all.

http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/detail/features.do?group=mobilephones&type=mobilephones&subtype=verizonwireless&model_cd=SCH-I760ZKAVZW - This is the Smart phone I have. The Samsung i760.

Im just wondering if it is possible and im wondering if the Soldat staff would work on it!~ Thank you

You seriously underestimate the processing requirements of soldat. That, and no dev has a test phone to use, and we can't compile for that environment either. It's not x86 based, and Soldat is written in Delphi which only supports x86 environments.

Offline Avis

• Camper
  • Aufmachen, Gestapo
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2008, 11:04:20 am »

You seriously underestimate the processing requirements of soldat. That, and no dev has a test phone to use, and we can't compile for that environment either. It's not x86 based, and Soldat is written in Delphi which only supports x86 environments.
Finally a person who actually explains why it "DOES NOT WORK". Thanks.
BANG! 5:45 o' clock. It's the police raiding your home, blackmailing you.

Offline puddlejumper

• Major
  • .:|Born A Marine|:.
    • The R/S Soldat Website
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2008, 12:59:56 am »
lol :D.
Would be nice, but soldat wouldnt be a shooter anymore.
Youll have to pick armors, and shields, then bless partners from team and go fight round RPG :D

What? I think you need to re-read.

Having Soldat on a mobile phone would be awesome, there would be probably two people to use it the entire time. I just don't see the demand.

Offline pavliko

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
  • >‿‿◕
    • Offical TTW Community
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2008, 10:39:29 am »
i think if there will be aa kind of a soldat soft on a mobile..like have mIRC on your mobile and if there is a clan match you can watch the game from your mobile...but playing soldat on a mobile ...it will be inposible!
The safest thing to do is jumping out of a plane!

Offline Snow

• Camper
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2008, 11:46:20 am »
I could see soldat running on a small portable PC platform running some version of windows. But, to play it would still need a keyboard (or gaming keyboard with enough buttons) and a mouse. There are some small mini lappies with 7" screens that would be perfect for portable soldat. I think if you go any smaller than 7", you could still play the game, but you'd sure have to squint to see a nade tossed at you.

You also need good enough vram and integrated video to be able to handle the game at a good FPS. I've actually been looking into finding or building a custom lappy/mini-lappy, just for gaming on the road, since I play more 2d than 3d. I'll fire off a message to ya, when I start that project.. if you're interested. :)

Edit: I've seen some PocketPC's with decent processing power and graphics capabilities. I know they have mini-keyboards for most, dunno about mouse support. Still, the screen may still be too small. Also, AFAIK, they run a version of Windows ME, or used to. Just thought, I'd toss that in here.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 11:48:27 am by Snow »
"Evil will always triumph, because Good is dumb." - Dark Helmet